Partick Thistle vs Ross County

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty even game. County hit the bar and could have had a penalty but basically had zero creativity. We had a few players on off days but we just kind of made it happen. 2 chances/2 goals for 'The Man '

Kris Doolan :wub:

Shame for Elliott because he was by far and away the best player on the park. If it was any other game, he would've won it hands down. This wasn't any other game though. Delighted to see Dools' 100th (and 101st). What a fucking hero.

Lindsay impressed and Azeez did well when he came on. County had the better of an awful first half, and probably deserved to go in front at the start of the second. Great fightback from us though to get back into it. Thought Fox could've maybe done more for Doolan's second (but I don't really care).

Three points against Motherwell next Saturday (or Celtic on Wednesday...:whistle) surely guarantees us top 6.

County should be fine. Worse sides in the league than them.

Think we've already done enough but that another point would probably guarantee it.
Can't see this Kilmarnock team winning two out of their last three games.

Highly doubt Killie will gain the 5pts they need but Dundee to win all 3 of their games? I'll no celebrate top6 just yet.

14 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

but Dundee to win all 3 of their games? I'll no celebrate top6 just yet.

Good point. Very likely they will get between 6 and 9 from their last three games. We need to beat Motherwell next week to make sure.

11 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Has Jim finally given up on the top 6 or is he still optimistic?

i think he has hypnotised Roy to believe that runners up spot is still ours for the taking. A few wishes in advance of the Dundee game:

Don't allow anyone in the club to give the weekly run of skitters to the media e.g. it is all going to plan, we have just been really unlucky; this is the best group of players assembled since Brazil rocked up in Mexico; the fans need to be a bit noisier; as a professional footballer I can't find a pub to go to after 10pm etc etc

Understand the maxim: you should not be surprised if you keep doing the same thing it will achieve the same result  (especially after a year)

For once and for all put Boyce in the opposition box.

Go mental and pick a midfield which consists of entirely of midfield players 

The contribution of some players need to be assessed on match days and not how wonderful they are in training.

I want to like County now that Adams has gone but they have managed to employ some seriously dislikable characters. Schalk in particular has to be the biggest diver in Scottish football since Nacho Novo plied his trade but fortunately his boy who cried wolf act went against him when Lindsay had a tug of his shirt in the box. Davies tried- as he always does- to leave a few late challenges on folk as well so was nice to see it come back to haunt him when he had to go off for 5 minutes then watch him shite himself any time Azeez went within 5 feet of him.

In the first half County just seemed like a better version of us, lots of nice passing but no end product, When they score I assumed it was going to be a replica of the 1-0 St Johnstone game and wanted Edwards off as he was dreadful (worse then Erskine) but there isn't really much more to be said about Kris Doolan. A gentleman and an assassin, unlikely anyone reading this will ever see another Thistle player score 100 competitive goals. Fair play to Fox for seeking him out at the end to shake his hand.

As for the ref, I've noticed- given that we've had Collum 3 out of last 4 home games- that his current mode is to not book anyone until he absolutely has to (like Doolan for the heinous crime of lifting his top) then card everyone who fouls after that. Both County strikers should have been booked for dives in the first half as Collum deemed them and Osman for a bad challenge as well. Curran somehow got away with cracking Osman with a late challenge and the worst challenge of the entire game was when Woods took a hack at Lawless after he'd ran past him, probably the most obvious red card I've seen all season but hopefully we're Collum'd out for the year.

If big Ade fires us into the top 6 at the east end midden I'm officially oot fur days.

the worst challenge of the entire game was when Woods took a hack at Lawless after he'd ran past him, probably the most obvious red card I've seen all season

Couldn't and still can't believe that didn't lead to a red. Although I think I remember Gary Fraser getting away with similar against County a few seasons back.

59 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I want to like County now that Adams has gone but they have managed to employ some seriously dislikable characters. Schalk in particular has to be the biggest diver in Scottish football since Nacho Novo plied his trade but fortunately his boy who cried wolf act went against him when Lindsay had a tug of his shirt in the box. Davies tried- as he always does- to leave a few late challenges on folk as well so was nice to see it come back to haunt him when he had to go off for 5 minutes then watch him shite himself any time Azeez went within 5 feet of him.

In the first half County just seemed like a better version of us, lots of nice passing but no end product, When they score I assumed it was going to be a replica of the 1-0 St Johnstone game and wanted Edwards off as he was dreadful (worse then Erskine) but there isn't really much more to be said about Kris Doolan. A gentleman and an assassin, unlikely anyone reading this will ever see another Thistle player score 100 competitive goals. Fair play to Fox for seeking him out at the end to shake his hand.

As for the ref, I've noticed- given that we've had Collum 3 out of last 4 home games- that his current mode is to not book anyone until he absolutely has to (like Doolan for the heinous crime of lifting his top) then card everyone who fouls after that. Both County strikers should have been booked for dives in the first half as Collum deemed them and Osman for a bad challenge as well. Curran somehow got away with cracking Osman with a late challenge and the worst challenge of the entire game was when Woods took a hack at Lawless after he'd ran past him, probably the most obvious red card I've seen all season but hopefully we're Collum'd out for the year.

If big Ade fires us into the top 6 at the east end midden I'm officially oot fur days.

You know you won right? Bitter as f**k. 

Archived