Scotland V England

mizfit

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, forameus said:

I know someone mentioned that England will be playing in red so negating this, but why would we have been forced to wear the pink strip for our home game?  Surely we'd be wearing the home top and England would wear theirs given the clash with the away?  Unless there's some obscure, stuffy FIFA directive I'm not aware of.  Still, would've been worth it to see just how raging people got if we did wear the pink top.  Seems to really bring out the mouth-breathers that one.

Think it's because our home kit apparently clashed with their home kit but England's away kit is blue. So if we wanted to play in our home kit, and their home kit and away kit both clashed and there wasn't an alternative, we'd have to go to our own away kit, with England wearing (who knows?). Anyway, they now seem to have a third, red, kit (either as a new kit or a one-off?) so it's irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Think it's because our home kit apparently clashed with their home kit but England's away kit is blue. So if we wanted to play in our home kit, and their home kit and away kit both clashed and there wasn't an alternative, we'd have to go to our own away kit, with England wearing (who knows?). Anyway, they now seem to have a third, red, kit (either as a new kit or a one-off?) so it's irrelevant. 

Oh aye, their home kit has blue on the sleeves now or something doesn't it.  

Instead of panicking over some overpaid and overrated tossers from a non contact league, we should maybe be looking at their recent results against the likes of Slovenia, Wales & Iceland.

THAT doesn't exactly strike fear in to your heart, does it ??

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They are using the Red Kit they had as an Away kit in Euro 2016, it is exactly same template as the present Home Kit!! This would not have been issue 20 years ago when a Kit actually lasted more than 6 months but I guess money talks now........

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Instead of panicking over some overpaid and overrated tossers from a non contact league, we should maybe be looking at their recent results against the likes of Slovenia, Wales & Iceland.

THAT doesn't exactly strike fear in to your heart, does it ??

Makes sense to include their recent results against Scotland. 3-2, 3-1, 3-0 wins. With a shitload of goals coming from headers,

13 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Makes sense to include their recent results against Scotland. 3-2, 3-1, 3-0 wins. With a shitload of goals coming from headers,

That attitude is very similar to that of Strachans and has us 2-0 down before we enter the pitch.

I don't recall reading anything about the Welsh or Icelandic teams feeling as if they were inferior or just going out to make up the numbers.

We need to get away from this inferiority complex crap that has been dogging us for the past couple of decades, otherwise we're as well just chucking it all in.

14 hours ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Are we expecting Brown to be asked to track Ali?  

I bloody hope so, and I really hope he gives him little digs and niggles. He is definitely the hot head of that side, get him riled up. He really struggles in a physical nature, get right into him, and he will struggle.

Not sure why stating that England have put 3 past us in each of the last 3 games against us makes my attitude similar to Strachan's.

Wales & England are currently 13th in the FIFA rankings. Iceland 22nd. Scotland are 61st (Slovenia are 56th). Not always a big believer in the rankings, but can be safely said that Wales & Iceland operate at a different level to Scotland.

I certainly hope that Scotland get a result which keeps the campaign going. I'll be flying over for the game (not missed a qualifier home or away for 7 years).

After the last week of depressing news followed by depressing news out of Pittodrie, thank god it is international week.

We're two points behind where I wanted us to be at this stage, the Lithuania game killed us, so in reality, got to be looking to take something from this game to get us closer to where we should be, particularly with wins for Slovakia and Slovenia likely.

I fear that the Lithuania match is going to be the one that does us ultimately, as well as the total destruction in Trnava, where Gordon Strachan really did make a total mess of team selection. Imperative that we pick the vast majority of our players that are in form, meaning a strong Celtic contingent for this match.

Some decent games on Friday and Sunday to look forward to - Sweden v France and Bosnia v Greece look tasty on Friday, Ireland v Austria on Sunday, a do or die one for Wales over in Serbia and a cracker in prospect between Iceland and Croatia.

I bloody hope so, and I really hope he gives him little digs and niggles. He is definitely the hot head of that side, get him riled up. He really struggles in a physical nature, get right into him, and he will struggle.

Am sure scot brown would be more than happy to dish out a few digs/niggles.

Problem is the ref will have a wee card with his name on it [emoji837]

8 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

Kane and Alli are giving me the fear, tbh.

They've been excellent for Spurs in the Premier League this season, but their international careers have been fairly unremarkable so far. Remains to be seen if Southgate can get as much out of them as Pochettino.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

They've been excellent for Spurs in the Premier League this season, but their international careers have been fairly unremarkable so far. Remains to be seen if Southgate can get as much out of them as Pochettino.

That`s true to a large extent though Alli was absolutely superb when they came from 2-0 down to beat Germany away last year. Only one game to be fair but the boy can play.

If Kane carries on his end of season form then you would have to fear for us on Saturday. 

As you rightly say though  it remains to be seen how they do under Southgate.

Archived