St Mirren v Dumbarton 8th April 2017

Just now, pleslie99 said:

Were a horrible team to watch? Who's been rooted to the bottom of the league for the past 6 months? I'm sure in that time though you played slick free flowing football!

Actually ask the folk on here our football has been tremendous for a.team at the bottom.  I have enjoyed it and I want to also add kyle magennis and Kyle mcallister who left for Derby as other young players I really enjoy watch "play football".  Have your Darren Barrs and Christian Nades any day of the week. Fact is your shite to watch. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St. Mirren have been playing really good football of late and it is enjoyable.  It's enjoyable playing football teams like United and hibs and winning and even when we lose fair enough. Saints didn't play yesterday but Dumbarton didn't let them. Fair play they got what they came for. It is clear though that they are a horrible team to watch and I am certain that regardless of what happens this year relegation or not st.mirren will always at least try and pass the ball and produce young players such as kenny maclean, John mcginn, Lewis Morgan and stevie Mallan. Dumbarton will return to league 1 where they belong amongst the other hammer throwers of Scottish football.  

c8faec20577bd83eb88a7f6b06576a9e.gif

Actually ask the folk on here our football has been tremendous for a.team at the bottom.  I have enjoyed it and I want to also add kyle magennis and Kyle mcallister who left for Derby as other young players I really enjoy watch "play football".  Have your Darren Barrs and Christian Nades any day of the week. Fact is your shite to watch. 

c7641846634335530229dca7fc7f972b.jpg

St. Mirren have been playing really good football of late and it is enjoyable.  It's enjoyable playing football teams like United and hibs and winning and even when we lose fair enough. Saints didn't play yesterday but Dumbarton didn't let them. Fair play they got what they came for. It is clear though that they are a horrible team to watch and I am certain that regardless of what happens this year relegation or not st.mirren will always at least try and pass the ball and produce young players such as kenny maclean, John mcginn, Lewis Morgan and stevie Mallan. Dumbarton will return to league 1 where they belong amongst the other hammer throwers of Scottish football.  

Good grief.

Over 24 hours after full-time and this comes flying out. Crikey.

You seem upset.

If someone more technology savvy than me can post an appropriate Lewis Vaughan gif, that'd be grand.

11 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

After the whole penalty spot digging situation it is believed that Daniel 'holes', Harvie left this behind in the dressing room at the Paisley 2021 stadium at FT yesterday. He made comments about how he hated Rory Loy for getting him booked and wished St Mirren well for the rest of the season.

"They might need it more than me in the near future..."

668564105_o.jpg

Last time I was there, Aberdeen was by the seaside.......

A lot of roaring and greeting about Dumbarton's game plan.

I was impressed by them, as they kept it simple and defended well. Their results v the top end teams throughout the season have been impressive.

I'd much rather we were in their position than ours.

We're definitely playing a lot of good football now, although we were poor yesterday, which I'm sure was aided by Dumbarton stopping us from playing. Just a pity we couldn't have matched Dumbarton's feats, earlier in the season, as we wouldn't be so deep in the shite just now.

Would rather see Raith and Ayr relegated before Dumbarton, in the unlikely event that we survive. 

35 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

28 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

^^^Rada's Dad^^^

Oh dear me. Talk about sour grapes. It must really hurt you to be the supporter of such a big team and be unable to beat a diddy team such as us this season.

It shows how badly your club has been ran the last 3 season's that you find yourself in such a state. Whereas the small club I support has been so well ran that we find ourselves beating big teams such as yourself on a regular basis.

You are a complete roaster Norrie. For what it's worth I was happy to see St.Mirren stay up but to rub it in to guys like you if you go down I'll not shed a tear.

You re going to need a bigger boat!

1 hour ago, Norrie82 said:

Lol 5 seasons in the Championship and we still get stupid folk telling us we are not good enough for this league. Give me a break - a lot of those Dumbarton players would make it into the St Mirren starting team. As for St Mirren playing nice attractive football - big long balls to Sutton really worked out for you guys. Good luck for the rest of the season your going to need it with your defence lol 

I think it's really harsh to complain about the way Dumbarton played the game yesterday.Stuffy, hard to break down, quick on the break, very clear everyone knew their job. As the second half wore on, with Ayr losing, I was thinking a point wasn't a bad result. Probably the side that has performed best this season given their resources. Probably safe now and deservedly so.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

A lot of roaring and greeting about Dumbarton's game plan.

I was impressed by them, as they kept it simple and defended well. Their results v the top end teams throughout the season have been impressive.

I'd much rather we were in their position than ours.

We're definitely playing a lot of good football now, although we were poor yesterday, which I'm sure was aided by Dumbarton stopping us from playing. Just a pity we couldn't have matched Dumbarton's feats, earlier in the season, as we wouldn't be so deep in the shite just now.

Would rather see Raith and Ayr relegated before Dumbarton, in the unlikely event that we survive. 

A very reasonable and measured post. St Mirren have been playing a lot of good football recently and entered the game as favourites on the back of the Ayr game. Anyone who watched the Aye game (even just the highlights in my case) could clearly see our game plan had to be stopping St Mirren playing that way.

People like Bobby_F and  Norrie82 are just giving St Mirren fans a bad reputation.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

A very reasonable and measured post. St Mirren have been playing a lot of good football recently and entered the game as favourites on the back of the Ayr game. Anyone who watched the Aye game (even just the highlights in my case) could clearly see our game plan had to be stopping St Mirren playing that way.

People like Bobby_F and  Norrie82 are just giving St Mirren fans a bad reputation.

To be fair, the whining from the Dumbarton fans on here has been pretty horrendous. From the crying over one of the most blatant penalties you'll see, to the seething over the guy rightly being booked for digging up the penalty box, to the "we're just wee and nobody respects us" victim complex. You'd think they'd be a bit more upbeat after their deserved point yesterday.

11 minutes ago, GAD said:

To be fair, the whining from the Dumbarton fans on here has been pretty horrendous. From the crying over one of the most blatant penalties you'll see, to the seething over the guy rightly being booked for digging up the penalty box, to the "we're just wee and nobody respects us" victim complex. You'd think they'd be a bit more upbeat after their deserved point yesterday.

The penalty is one which is reasonably debatable. Something which you expect to find on the forum. Most have not disagreed that Harvie deserved the booking, but the manor in which it came about seemed quite petty. Nobody can deny that there have been a few comments on here which have provoked the reaction about the size of the teams. One of which came tonight.

7 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

The penalty is one which is reasonably debatable. Something which you expect to find on the forum. Most have not disagreed that Harvie deserved the booking, but the manor in which it came about seemed quite petty. Nobody can deny that there have been a few comments on here which have provoked the reaction about the size of the teams. One of which came tonight.

The penalty isn't really debatable. There were at least three times the ref could have pointed to the spot, he really had no choice in the end. There is nothing controversial or petty about the booking. He behaved like an arsehole, he got deservedly booked for behaving like an arsehole. Most of the comments about the size of the teams have come from Dumbarton fans. Stop whining.

33 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I got a lot of abuse for complaining about Dumbarton's gamesmanship (taunting kids in the crowd, messing with the penalty, trying to get Stelios sent off) and that the ref was poor.

I even said it was the first time I'd seen Dumbarton act like this.

Probably the only contentious thing was saying I'd rather see McCall happy at the end of the season - which is clearly madness brought about by the immediate disappointment of dropping 2 points in a huge game.

As others have said, Dumbarton had a game plan and carried it out to perfection.

I've absolutely no problem with that; and perhaps if Saints had had anything even approaching a game plan for the first 20 matches this season, we'd perhaps not be in the desperate state we are now.

From the crying over one of the most blatant penalties you'll see, to the seething over the guy rightly being booked for digging up the penalty box,

The penalty, whichever way you look at is, definitely isn't blatant. Maybe it was one (I don't think so as I've already said) but it's definitely not blatant. Having seen the replay, I'm still not sure I can see what it's been given for.

I don't recall many on here complaining about the booking of Harvie, I certainly didn't. It's more the fact that the referee and linesman didn't seem to see his actions, but he's been booked on the say so of Loy, which is so galling and ridiculous.

Archived