• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Scottydog said:

You should change you handle to black pot and Kettle. You seem to be making more things up than Hans Christian Anderson.

Yes Elliot had a recurring knee injury but you seem to have conveniently forgotten that he was fit enough to have returned after the Dundee Partick game to relegate you lot in the play-offs at Alloa.

Not condoning Thomson going down too easily in the box (if indeed he did)  but Talbot should have seen red for the elbow on Thomson. If its a booking what was the booking for? Answer has to be the elbow which is under the laws of the game silent conduct and should be punishable with a straight red.

I think it's considered that the use of elbows in the air is "Jumping with excessive force" and is usually a yellow, however the crowding of the ref after the penalty decision was lucky not to result in a few red cards, Raith players had their hands all over the ref and were screaming in his face they took it far beyond dissent and looked like a Campbell style Forfar implosion waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

So in summary Elliot is an injury prone perma crock?

Who knew?

Yes and didn't have his career ended by Talbot, when Talbot was playing for another club. Which seemed to be the justification Mr dog was calling upon for that mental Thomson lunge yesterday, being okay. He got off with a yellow, it wasn't in the highlights package, so you'd think Mr dog might be wise to leave it be?

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

We're getting relegated and the players look to have meekly accepted the fact. What do you honestly expect?

Maybe if the fans hadn't given up it might spur the players on? Just a thought.

In fact if our season's over and Rovers need the win I might head along to Stark's to give them my backing on 6th May.

You're welcome.

Maybe if the fans hadn't given up it might spur the players on? Just a thought.
In fact if our season's over and Rovers need the win I might head along to Stark's to give them my backing on 6th May.
You're welcome.

Please don't.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

We're getting relegated and the players look to have meekly accepted the fact. What do you honestly expect?

Seems like the fans whimpered out before the players tbh.

Must be so inspiring as a player to walk out in front of small crowds who make absolutely no noise aside from a few boos when they start losing.

Seems like the fans whimpered out before the players tbh.
Must be so inspiring as a player to walk out in front of small crowds who make absolutely no noise aside from a few boos when they start losing.

If the players were any good they would maybe get the chance to play in front of big crowds but sadly they aren't and can look forward to playing in front of three figure crowds for the rest of their careers.

Still, it's not all bad, only four games of this horrendous season left.

A great result for Dunfermline yesterday if nothing else. It should have been more than the single goal, but it's 3 points that realistically keeps us in the division next season.

The really important question though, is what is Rudi Skacel for? Apart from stealing money off of Raith Rovers of course...

19 minutes ago, Astro said:

The really important question though, is what is Rudi Skacel for? Apart from stealing money off of Raith Rovers of course...

Us Rovers fans have asked ourselves that many times too!

Technically, a sponsor pays his wages however your point still stands as (presumably) said sponsor might have been happy to sponsor an actual footballer to play for us instead.

1 minute ago, Nairney said:

Us Rovers fans have asked ourselves that many times too!

Technically, a sponsor pays his wages however your point still stands as (presumably) said sponsor might have been happy to sponsor an actual footballer to play for us instead.

Or just give the money to the club directly, this reminds me of Ayr fans excusing the fat junky being on 4 figures last season.

4 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Or just give the money to the club directly, this reminds me of Ayr fans excusing the fat junky being on 4 figures last season.

Yeah, good point. No excuses for signing Skacel, I think Locke imagined he was some amazing inspired signing. Nonsensical that our board entertained him and wasted time sourcing external funding that could even have been better spent in our youth development fund. This seasons signing policies have just been infuriating.

1 minute ago, Nairney said:

Yeah, good point. No excuses for signing Skacel, I think Locke imagined he was some amazing inspired signing. Nonsensical that our board entertained him and wasted time sourcing external funding that could even have been better spent in our youth development fund. This seasons signing policies have just been infuriating.

Stevenson and Roberts in January with Vaughan out in particular have been ridiculous. Fair play to Stevenson who was better than I expected, and went in goals when we got into that farcical situation with the keepers. 

Roberts had offered nothing since his wonderstrike against Dumbarton. He has no redeemable ability and was a complete waste of a wage. He's made a few appearances, but generally is on the touch line. 

Skacel has only done slightly better, with two assists and no goals. An utterly bemusing signing which could've been spent on a younger, more eager player. 

To lose Vaughan (who'd admittedly had a poor season to that point) to Dumbarton was ridiculous. 4 points behind and we casually loan out a forward. It's been a completely toxic atmosphere at the club since then. The fans, management, board and players are all looking at it from different views. Funnily enough, our board have been conspicuous in their absence compared to some recent statements. 

21 hours ago, Scottydog said:

A draw would have been a fair result

:lol:

22 hours ago, foreverarover said:

This is the reason why I had chosen not to read this thread until after the match. Twats like you. We have been pish for months, numerous pars fans saying we have been the worst team to play there this season. What the f**k do you expect as a support. When the f**k was the last time we can anywhere near to filling that stand. Really ! Get a grip son !!!

:lol:

Is there not an out of contract striker or and improvement in midfield that you can bring in until the end of the season on the wages Stevenson was on might prove crucial to stay up even if by the play offs

27 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Is there not an out of contract striker or and improvement in midfield that you can bring in until the end of the season on the wages Stevenson was on might prove crucial to stay up even if by the play offs

I don't think after the 31st of March you can sign anyone at all, under contract or not.

Archived