Saints vs Hearts

Battle for 4th place and most likely Europe Perfect time for us to have a defensive crisis and for us to be missing our most productive player this season. 

On the plus side, Steven Maclean will be available for this game and there's no chance any of our players will dare lamp each other with him on the pitch. Unless Macca does the lamping. 

Have to hope Anderson is available, otherwise we have a problem. 

Mannus 

Shaughnessy Anderson Scobbie Easton

Alston Davidson Paton Craig 

Maclean Cummins

Cloggers all over the place. Mannus has produced some excellent saves over the last game and a half so I think he deserves to retain the jersey. I'd start Wotherspoon, but I think Craig will get the nod on the left. 

Foster and Swanson are fucking twats. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inevitable we'll lose and end up behind hearts again. Hopefully Swanson and Foster are dragged onto the pitch at half time.

Our squad looks horrendously thin just now.

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Smith will start, no crisis. Astute signing by Tommy.

Whit...and have all of the back four in their normal roles when you can play at least two out of position? Tommy's mind will blow.

The club have suspended them both, so highly doubt either will be at training, never mind in a match squad! 

Suspended to allow saints to conduct an investigation. Hardly going to take weeks is it. Be concluded by end of tomorrow I would imagine , both players fined etc. Mountain out of a mole hill for me.

27 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Suspended to allow saints to conduct an investigation. Hardly going to take weeks is it. Be concluded by end of tomorrow I would imagine , both players fined etc. Mountain out of a mole hill for me.

I disagree - two players throwing punches and kicks at each other at half time of what might prove to a crucial game is about as bad as it gets from a discipline perspective. 

The club won't appeal either. I agree with your reasoning and thinking, but there's just no way that we can if we're looking to discipline the players involved 

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

I disagree - two players throwing punches and kicks at each other at half time of what might prove to a crucial game is about as bad as it gets from a discipline perspective. 

The club won't appeal either. I agree with your reasoning and thinking, but there's just no way that we can if we're looking to discipline the players involved 

Tommy will only have a part say in this anyway. The Broons will be fucking raging. Honestly cannot see them play in the next 5 games, that's if they ever play a match for Saints again.

Depends entirely on what started it. Problem is its likely only the two of them who know, so if they disagree it could drag on. Both need dropped regardless, as an example needs set.

6 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

If both players were to be fined for having a fight on the pitch – which is what happened – against what injustice would we be appealing?

If both players were to be fined for having a fight on the pitch – which is what happened – against what injustice would we be appealing?

Only reason to appeal would be purely to have foster at right back otherwise we are very short at the back

Shaughnessy - Anderson - Scobbie - Easton

Seems the obvious defence, unless Anderson still isn't fit enough or someone took a knock yesterday. No idea if Smith played well enough to be considered for a start. I dont see the point in wasting money (is it not £1k per appeal?) to try and have them available, despite the fact they've been two of our best players this season.

10 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Battlers against shitebags. Should be interesting.

Home win.

Definitely. Not a fucking chance will our pussies be keen for this one. Especially after the inevitable bheasting today.

I'm sure the wee geeky schoolboy will stretch his illustrious record to 5 wins in 19 games - the equivalent of half a league season.

He just needs time though, eh.

53 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Only reason to appeal would be purely to have foster at right back otherwise we are very short at the back

Appeal against a red card and you undermine both the players' suspension and any action to taken by the club.

Appealing what was a clear red would be Rangers-level shitebaggery.

Just now, Elixir said:

Definitely. Not a fucking chance will our pussies be keen for this one. Especially after the inevitable bheasting today.

I'm sure the wee geeky schoolboy will stretch his illustrious record to 5 wins in 19 games - the equivalent of half a league season.

He just needs time though, eh.

I was looking at this the other day, since hiring Cathro on the 5th of December, Hearts have averaged 1.08 points per game. Over this season so far you'd be looking at 31-32 points, which would be one bad result away from failing to make the top half.

Pretty awful reading for Hearts fans.

Archived