MLB 2017

BerwickMad

Scary thing is that he's not striking out a lot, he's getting walks, and he's hitting home runs off good pitches. I find myself going to bed at 1230 rather than 12 so I can watch his first at bat every night.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having saw the Phils be shut out last week, yesterday's game was a good game even though another defeat.
Had Corporate Suite tickets which was even better in what was probably Chase Utley's last game in Philadelphia.

Noticed Justin Turner in the stands taking photos with some Dodgers fans after the game. Random, but a nice touch!

b8469500d077918ae23ec3643fff45bc.jpgd85c07ee038d6cf8750f277bc853b402.jpg

Hard luck seeing the one loss in the 4 game series. Such a difference watching games now, compared with pre All-Star break when a 100 loss record seemed certain. A couple of decent pitchers and next season might see a record closer to .500.

Hard luck seeing the one loss in the 4 game series. Such a difference watching games now, compared with pre All-Star break when a 100 loss record seemed certain. A couple of decent pitchers and next season might see a record closer to .500.

I expect us to be above .500 next year. A full season with the following lineup and a year (or more) under their belt would be fairly impressive -
Hernandez, Crawford, Williams, Hoskins, Altherr, Herrera, Alfaro, Galvis
If Franco can work it out then that's another promising young player to find a spot for.

I expect us to make a decent effort with FA pitching this year and wouldn't be surprised to see either Hernandez or Galvis moved for pitching.

We certainly have the makings of a good team that will definitely challenge before long

Cubs have hit a good run of form at the right time. Beating up on both the Cardinals and the Brewers last week so only a couple of wins from clinching the division now. Hitting has been much better from the whole team since the all-star break. 

Quintana pitched a complete game shutout last night and made it look easy. Playoff rotation looking fairly healthy  with Quintana/Arrieta/Hendricks all on good form. Biggest question now is Lester who has been scuffling lately.

Assuming no surprises in the last week, this will be the 1st time the Cubs have made the postseason in 3 consecutive seasons in over 100 years.

Cubs have hit a good run of form at the right time. Beating up on both the Cardinals and the Brewers last week so only a couple of wins from clinching the division now. Hitting has been much better from the whole team since the all-star break. 
Quintana pitched a complete game shutout last night and made it look easy. Playoff rotation looking fairly healthy  with Quintana/Arrieta/Hendricks all on good form. Biggest question now is Lester who has been scuffling lately.
Assuming no surprises in the last week, this will be the 1st time the Cubs have made the postseason in 3 consecutive seasons in over 100 years.

Starting to feel a bit more optimistic about the postseason, as the Cubs are playing as well as anyone. Still can't see them winning it all again, especially with Lester's current struggles. Would be very surprised if they got past the Nats, but stranger things have happened.

Cubs take the division and eliminate the Cardinals from the wildcard race. Lovely.

Cubs v Nats in the division series then. Should be a good series, but you'd have to give the edge to the Nationals with Scherzer, Strasburg, Gonzalez cruising this year and Harper back to spark their offense. Don't expect the Cubs to go quietly, but they'll need Arrieta and Lester to hit form at the right time.

They're all pretty hard to call. I think the Yankees have a decent shot against the Indians, as good as they've been. I honestly don't know about the NL. Every side seems to have as much of a shot as any other. The Dodgers haven't been in great form and (iirc) the Dbacks had a winning record against them in the regular season. Cubs v Nats? Flip a coin

Archived