Thistle v 'Well - 8th April 2017

Is Bowman the one dubbed as "herbalife"? Looks like the type of spice boy w**k who'd peddle that shite.

That first half was frustrating in the sense of how fucking brilliant we played without the goals to show. Admittedly Wells defence was an absolute shambles but the movement in attacks was amazing.

Eta. The teenage fisticuffs outside was hilarious as per. Not so hilarious was some teen mum shouting at my mate for swearing while singing "f**k your well" in front of her two year old, while swearing at us. Odd stuff.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Any truth in the rumour Partick are changing their name to Fake Head Injury Cheating b*****ds FC?

That'll have been when we were in possession andcthe referee made us stop the game?

On the second occasion, our fastest player had the ball, with no one between him and your goal.

If you want to cling to that, fair enough.

Is Bowman the one dubbed as "herbalife"? Looks like the type of spice boy w**k who'd peddle that shite.

That first half was frustrating in the sense of how fucking brilliant we played without the goals to show. Admittedly Wells defence was an absolute shambles but the movement in attacks was amazing.

Eta. The teenage fisticuffs outside was hilarious as per. Not so hilarious was some teen mum shouting at my mate for swearing while singing "f**k your well" in front of her two year old, while swearing at us. Odd stuff.

I liked the motherwell "fans" fighting amongst themselves, because one of them shat it out of squaring up to jags fans. As my mate said, like a scene from Lord of the Flies.

Special mention for the old jag who barged right through the middle of them... to get shouted at him "You'll be dead in two weeks."

"Aye, n you'll be relegated in two weeks." [emoji1]

Role reversal of a kind from the County game where we grew into the game in the second half after a poor first 45.

Yesterday we were utterly terrific in the first and really noticably took the foot off the gas in the second, Erskine was outstanding as usual and Cerny's save was outstanding.

Feeling more optimistic about Ibrox than I probably should be but this is some team...

3 hours ago, bad chad said:

Any truth in the rumour Partick are changing their name to Fake Head Injury Cheating b*****ds FC?

Oh the irony ....a team with Scott McDonald in it and stealing 10-15 yards every throw in and free kick .....now I know why you lot are the Stealmen !

I like that Motherwell get their highlights up in HD on YouTube for free the day of the game. Whereas we have to fork out for JagZone to see it in crap definition.

We'll have the best media offering in the Championship next season at this rate.

I've not heard the post match from Robinson, but in midweek it sounded like the hoof ball approach wasn't what he'd instructed the players to do. Anything similar this week?

I'm clinging to the thin hope that he has some form of attacking tactical nous about him, and it's the players who are reverting to Sunday league tactics.

Fair play to Thistle and they thoroughly deserve their top six finish.

We controlled large parts of the game but did f**k all with it and we could have played until Monday and still not found the net.

A defining month ahead for our club and I fear the worst.

Fair play to Thistle and they thoroughly deserve their top six finish.

We controlled large parts of the game but did f**k all with it and we could have played until Monday and still not found the net.

A defining month ahead for our club and I fear the worst.

The defining month should have been the last time we found ourselves in this mess.
Instead we seem to have stumbled on with the same core of players doing the same shit things.

1 hour ago, fat_tony said:

I've not heard the post match from Robinson, but in midweek it sounded like the hoof ball approach wasn't what he'd instructed the players to do. Anything similar this week?

I'm clinging to the thin hope that he has some form of attacking tactical nous about him, and it's the players who are reverting to Sunday league tactics.

He seems to have concentrated on stopping us from shipping so many goals and making us more difficult to beat and just sort of neglected the attacking side of things. We're heavily reliant on hopeful punts and set pieces going forward.

I don't blame him for wanting to go direct though, the midfield choices he's inherited are embarrassing hence Robinson turning to an untried teenager yesterday. The one decent central midfielder we do have who isn't either over the hill, inexperienced, injury prone or just plain shite is having to fill in at centre back until the end of the season in the absence of McManus. Throw in the fact that Tait, our top assister(?) and Moult our top scorer have both been missing for the last few games it's not hard to see why we're finding it even harder than usual to score/create/string 3 or 4 passes together.

Bypassing that shower and getting the ball back to front as soon as possible is sound in theory and I'd be all for it if it wasn't for the fact we're fucking gash at it. Bowman can't time a jump to save himself, Blyth constantly looks like he's stood in a block of concrete and McDonald's about 4 foot tall. Watching us shell aimless high balls towards them yesterday for 90 mins was truly a sight to behold.  

1 hour ago, fat_tony said:

We'll have the best media offering in the Championship next season at this rate.

I watched his post-match last night and he seemed raging. Basically said that the 1st half was "unacceptable" and pretty much cut the media guy off when he tried to put a positive spin on things talking about the Cerny save etc saying that it wasn't about bad luck we just weren't good enough.

I think the hoofball has largely been dictated by the players we have available. The past few games have shown (as if we didn't already know) how important Moult is and I'd suggest that losing Tait has been a massive blow in terms of the quality of service we're able to provide the strikers.

It looks to me (I hope) that he's taken the decision not to rush either back for the Accies & Thistle game with a view to making sure they're not going to break down or aggravate their injuries and rule them out for the the run in. I'm still baffled as to why he decided to change up a back 3 that has largely been solid over the past couple of games by switching Hammell for Zak Jules though.

Yeah I think there's been a bit of an overreaction to the hoofball. It's not the way I'd choose to play but considering we
- have zero creative central midfielders
-are forced to play Cadden and Frear further back due to a lack of defensive options
-are missing Tait who is a massive part of our creativity
- are missing our top scorer

I can see why hoofing the ball to the two 6ft+ haddies we have up front appeals to Robinson. That said, to his credit he changed it at half time and was pretty brutal in his assessment of the first half yesterday I'd be surprised if we tried the same thing against Inverness.

Archived