Thistle v 'Well - 8th April 2017

7 hours ago, rambunctious said:

Only if they didn't know it (and we know it!).

Anyway, we'll still have enough about us to see off these top six virgins. 2-1 with McDonald and Moult on the scoresheet.

How did that work out for you? 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/04/2017 at 15:50, welldaft said:

How about shifesting both halfs. You are guaranteed top 6 as no way Killie will take anything from Parkhead. 

We usually bring a decent crowd to Firhill - so financially it makes sense 

I am heading along and expect a narrow loss. No offence but it shows how far we have fallen that I am heading to Firhill and expecting a defeat. That said we have tightened up but have missed so many chances of late. Would be refreshing to create 2 and score 2 and get something from the game. 

I also note Beaton is the referee. So get your money on a disallowed Motherwell goal AGAIN or a very soft penalty for Thistle or even both if he is his usual anti Well self. 

On 07/04/2017 at 17:53, Pie Of The Month said:

No offence but we should be comfortably beating utter dross like Motherwell.

Yeah no offence.

Agree with most of what's been said.

Thistle deserved the win but probably made it harder than it should have been, although the Motherwell subs at half time definitely had an effect.

The saddest sight of the day was Keith Lasley tugging Andy McCarthy's shirt off the ball, only seconds after the 18 year old had come on. McCarthy gets suckered into responding in kind, Lasley gets the foul but deep down in the depths of his soul, you can see from the stand that he realises that he's spent his whole career doing that and his time has run out, as smarter fitter and better youngsters come through. He looks across to McDonald only to find his team mate claiming for offside from 30 yards away and knows that's it. Game over.

Any truth in the rumour Partick are changing their name to Fake Head Injury Cheating b*****ds FC?

It's funny how we've stopped conceding huge numbers of goals under Robinson when the first half displays against Kilmarnock and Thistle were two of the most shambolic defensive displays I've ever seen. 

His 1980's hoofball tactics are prehistoric and to keep the metaphor rolling will probably see our Premiership status soon become extinct.

A midfield with Draper and Tansey in it are obviously going to roll us over next week.

2-0 Inverness, Vigurs and Laing the scorers.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Yeah no offence.

You won - don't make a t1t of yourself. Too late 

congrats on top 6 - but 3000 home crowd is sad given what was at stake and that u r unbeaten in 6 or 7 or more games. 

We were garbage 1st half. Relegation material if ever I saw it. 2nd half better but could play all week and no score.

Huge game next week. 

Just now, welldaft said:

You won - don't make a t1t of yourself. Too late 

congrats on top 6 - but 3000 home crowd is sad given what was at stake and that u r unbeaten in 6 or 7 or more games. 

We were garbage 1st half. Relegation material if ever I saw it. 2nd half better but could play all week and no score.

Huge game next week. 

You're taking it well mate.

Not seen a more dominant first half since the promotion season. Just seemed to slice through them with little effort and won every one of their hoofballs.

Lesley made a big difference in the second half when he came on but Motherwell look like a clown car operation from back to front...which is nice.

Agree with most of what's been said.
Thistle deserved the win but probably made it harder than it should have been, although the Motherwell subs at half time definitely had an effect.
The saddest sight of the day was Keith Lasley tugging Andy McCarthy's shirt off the ball, only seconds after the 18 year old had come on. McCarthy gets suckered into responding in kind, Lasley gets the foul but deep down in the depths of his soul, you can see from the stand that he realises that he's spent his whole career doing that and his time has run out, as smarter fitter and better youngsters come through. He looks across to McDonald only to find his team mate claiming for offside from 30 yards away and knows that's it. Game over.

Are you new to Scottish football?

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Fucking hell.

I thought only Falkirk fans did the sad crowd-wanking stuff.

Now that I am a pitch connoisseur after my midweek visit to Fir Park I must admit that Firhill was one of the better ones I have seen this season.  Fitting for a top six side. Pitch is in the top 2-5 in the league.

Archived