Rangers Vs Partick Thistle

Not nearly as vile as the opposition fans that taunted Sam English for the rest of his time at Rangers. By all accounts it was a tragic accident that ended one mans life and traumatised another for the rest of his life!

The wording on the banner could have been in better taste but i am never going to apologise for  Rangers supporters remembering a player many have a lot of sympathy for after his treatment by others. 

I think most people have sympathy for Sam English. So most people would feel that using his name to further your usual bigoted agenda is sad and pretty disgusting. If you really wanted a tribute then he wording would be totally different - this was deliberately inflammatory.

Rest in peace Sam, hopefully with no awareness of how modern Rangers fans use your tragic legacy.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fucking embarrassment.

Rather than remember a player, pay respects and give appreciation for service and an impressive career, you drag his name through the filth of your own prejudice.

I don't think I'm being either overly offensive or reactionary when I say that Rangers* effectively pissed on the grave of one of their own yesterday.

Vile.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

What a fucking embarrassment.

Rather than remember a player, pay respects and give appreciation for service and an impressive career, you drag his name through the filth of your own prejudice.

I don't think I'm being either overly offensive or reactionary when I say that Rangers* effectively pissed on the grave of one of their own yesterday.

Vile.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

They are a vile club tbf

The accident that ended John Thomson's life was a tragedy that destroyed Sam English's career and affected him for the rest of his life. I can't imagine how the families of both men would feel about this banner.

Those responsible should be ashamed of themselves. The club they support bear responsibility too. The latest incarnation of the Board, as those before them, don't give a a toss about the morality of the support as long as they continue to allow themselves to be serially mugged.

Oh, well. It had been a fantastic week up until today.
Rangers deserved their win and Hyndman was a stand out for them. He'll be a decent signing for Celtic next season.
Cerny was excellent and stopped the scoreline being embarrassing imo.
Disappointed but not disillusioned.

I entirely agree, no complaints about the result, apart from the fact I didn't like it![emoji3] Won't be rushing out to back Rangers
to win the Cup tbh: saw nothing which would suggest that they are anything, but a bang average SPFL side. To be honest, I thought we looked tired and it seemed that we were running on empty. So a wee break, get our wind back and onwards and upwards.

5 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I entirely agree, no complaints about the result, apart from the fact I didn't like it!emoji3.png Won't be rushing out to back Rangers
to win the Cup tbh: saw nothing which would suggest that they are anything, but a bang average SPFL side. To be honest, I thought we looked tired and it seemed that we were running on empty. So a wee break, get our wind back and onwards and upwards.

Who do you think will win the cup?

9 minutes ago, thepundit said:

It may well be from the other semi but it's interesting how you can go to Parkhead and draw 1-1 and tip them for the cup (which obviously they are huge favourites) but then go to Ibrox and lose 2-0 going on 10-0 yet call us nothing but average and talking about how you won't be rushing out to put money on Rangers winning the cup.

Seems a bit harsh, maybe even bitter and,  whilst these are just one off games I think the Rangers team deserve a bit more respect than that. :)

So to respect Rangers he has to say that he thinks that they will win the cup? Yeah, that makes total sense!

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So to respect Rangers he has to say that he thinks that they will win the cup? Yeah, that makes total sense!

I never said he did. What I'm saying is it's unfair to completely write us off and call us average after watching that game yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Anybody want to discuss the thistle keepers play acting . Or is it only when a rangers player does this we are allowed to be raging ?

Why play act when u,r getting beat

9 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Anybody want to discuss the thistle keepers play acting . Or is it only when a rangers player does this we are allowed to be raging ?

Why did Waggy go over to check he was alright?

Archived