Rangers Vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting how all three were Hibs players a few years back, wonder if there's a connection.

Good thinking, young grasshopper.  I'm not going through the lot but if you scroll forward the next player is Franck Dja Djédjé.

This must be part of the Warbs blueprint that allowed us to win the championship last season at a canter.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'm sorta glad i went if only to discover that someone, somewhere in Scotland is called William Williamson.

Second only to King Billy William Williamson of Orange as the most *** name in Scotland.

10 hours ago, sydney said:

Words fail me. I just don't comprehend the mentality. Is this not the 21st century ? Please tell them :huh:

image.jpeg

What's wrong with central car auctions?

On 4/16/2017 at 14:12, bennett said:

I heard the whistle fans singing a naughty song about the queen and the pope yesterday....

That'll be different tho..

But the song is very carefully worded to show that we're anti sectarian. It was thrown out of court recently as it was proved to be against how Celtic and Rangers sing about these figures and not about our hatred for those figures. 

50 minutes ago, DazzJag said:

But the song is very carefully worded to show that we're anti sectarian. It was thrown out of court recently as it was proved to be against how Celtic and Rangers sing about these figures and not about our hatred for those figures. 

Dear God!  How much jobby does your brain have to be composed of to regard this crude, crass chant of hate as, "very carefully worded"?  Byronic it's not.

Dear God!  How much jobby does your brain have to be composed of to regard this crude, crass chant of hate as, "very carefully worded"?  Byronic it's not.

That's not what he claims though is it? It's carefully worded to not be sectarian, not carefully worded through the use of sophisticated language

8 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

That's not what he claims though is it? It's carefully worded to not be sectarian, not carefully worded through the use of sophisticated language

I know you jaggies like to see it as a Maryhill Ode to Joy but, however you try and spin it, to regard it as 'carefully worded' is wrong.

The fact that it abuses two faith-groups rather than one certainly doesn't make you 'not sectarian'.  It's a pernicious song which has no place in football.

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know you jaggies like to see it as a Maryhill Ode to Joy but, however you try and spin it, to regard it as 'carefully worded' is wrong.

The fact that it abuses two faith-groups rather than one certainly doesn't make you 'not sectarian'.  It's a pernicious song which has no place in football.

What do you think about the Sam English banner?

So to respect Rangers he has to say that he thinks that they will win the cup? Yeah, that makes total sense!

If I was to disrespect your team I would have said that they needn't bother turning up for the semi-final. I didn't I simply stated my opinion on the evidence of Saturday. I wouldn't argue that Rangers didn't deserve to win, only that I wasn't overly impressed. Fail to understand how that makes me 'bitter' in any way? Probably the same way the **** were saying we were always against them at Celtic Park a couple of weeks ago. The clue is that I neither support Rangers or Celtic, but Partick Thistle!

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh, so you've found a voice on the subject of sectarian singing and what is right or wrong in football? It'll be interesting to see if that's still the case this weekend.

3 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

What do you think about the Sam English banner?

In poor taste but innocuous.  What's your own view?

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Oh, so you've found a voice on the subject of sectarian singing and what is right or wrong in football? It'll be interesting to see if that's still the case this weekend.

I've said plenty on sectarian singing.  In summary, I dislike expressions of hate and would never vilify the leader of a faith group.  Your own sorry mob, in contrast, regard expressions of hate and the vilification of two faith leaders in one ditty as something to be encouraged.

On 16/04/2017 at 14:30, Arnold Layne said:

I condemn those that sang that song and the Rangers fans with the banner. What's your opinion?

On 16/04/2017 at 15:00, Nightmare said:

At least Thistle fans acknowledge that we have some characters who unfortunately sing that song, unlike you pathetically pretending there aren't knuckle-draggers singing about being up to their knees in ****** blood every week.

7 hours ago, DazzJag said:

Going by these posts,it appears that a couple of Thistle fans think that Dazz is a bit of a twat.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

In poor taste but innocuous.  What's your own view?

I've said plenty on sectarian singing.  In summary, I dislike expressions of hate and would never vilify the leader of a faith group.  Your own sorry mob, in contrast, regard expressions of hate and the vilification of two faith leaders in one ditty as something to be encouraged.

In poor taste and perpetuating the sectarianism that permeates though the Rangers support. The expression of hatred is implicit.

Archived