LINLITHGOW V TALBOT / TALBOT V LINLITHGOW

happy

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Specky said:

Talbot weren't rubbish today they played how I expected them to, always playin long ball and feed off the second ball but today they didn't get the second ball due to the energy and passion in the rose midfield.

Next week might be different but only because we might have to adapt to get more help for tc up top and not because talbot will adapt their game to become a passing style.

Kick and rush might have worked through the years but it didn't yesterday.

Leiper was excellent and batchy superb driving the midfield on. While some might say it was a rubbish game I actually enjoyed it as a nervy tense semi final.

HTG

You forgot to add that we lost two influential players in the first 30 minutes and had to re-adapt to accommodate the players who came on.

31 minutes ago, Specky said:

Talbot weren't rubbish today they played how I expected them to, always playin long ball and feed off the second ball but today they didn't get the second ball due to the energy and passion in the rose midfield.

Next week might be different but only because we might have to adapt to get more help for tc up top and not because talbot will adapt their game to become a passing style.

Kick and rush might have worked through the years but it didn't yesterday.

Leiper was excellent and batchy superb driving the midfield on. While some might say it was a rubbish game I actually enjoyed it as a nervy tense semi final.

HTG

Attended a few of these two legged semis in the past and this game was typical of what you get.You get all worked up for it and it turns out an anti climax.Both teams cautious, don't want to make any mistakes and keep the tie alive for the second leg.

Specky, kick and rushed over the years?You haven't  saw Talbot over the years to make such an assumption,but hey,go with it if it floats your boat.

NEXT WEEK will be completely different starting with the atmosphere before the kick off.I look forward to it.

P.S. I thought we all would have got a couple of quid back going out of the turnstiles for watching that.   :)

I just watched the highlights there.  Auchinleck didn't look anything special.  SOme of those dives were absolutely shocking looking for penalties.  Even the one where the boy challenged the number 2 just before the end of the video and hes rolling about the floor get a grip. Its junior fitba'.  All this talk of pyramids must make them think they are going to be up against Real madrid in the champions league in a few years

Happy, I've seen talbot on a few occasions and they've been the same each time.

Your 11 went off as he injured himself trying to barge into every rose player near him before the ball got there.

Your 11 went off as he injured himself trying to barge into every rose player near him before the ball got there.

I remember you at all this talk when we beat you's in the final at Livingston , that was your team everyone was was saying were going through the full season unbeaten we've won 2 Scottish cups and 3 west super leagues since that day what have you's won ? Ya waste of spunk

20 minutes ago, Specky said:

Sir,you are spot on.A.....FEW occasions.

Likewise,I have saw the wee rose on a few occasions and don't possess the information or knowledge to make a decision

such as you have.

All the best in your next (but one) game.

Worst game ive been to in a long while 1st half was really poor 2nd not much better as for the free flowing supposed football that the rosey posey where playing it never bothered big Andy much as for the penalty i was at the gate end and it did look as if James made a meal of it p.s. your toilets facilities are crap

12 minutes ago, lineo said:

I thought rose number 6 was excellent. Never gave Wilson or Milliken a sniff all game and won every header. Excellent captain's performance.

My opinion, for what it's worth, was that we played right into his hands giving him what he wanted.

Seen a lot of these two legged semis now, I get why but not a fan. Every first leg that I have witnessed was very much like yesterday. I thought Talbot did what was required and it was a good result especially with the two injuries first half. Shankland got some very rough treatment from the Rose central defence, thought the big number 6 had a good game though. However, the number 4 was a squealing diver. Best for us Butch and Milliken. Next week will be different, I do find it amusing the amount of people that criticise Talbot, their style, not very good, blah blah blah, any other team would be estatic being in Talbot's position. A lot to do but looking good for the final with home advantage and , for me, finished the game strongest yesterday. 

Worst game ive been to in a long while 1st half was really poor 2nd not much better as for the free flowing supposed football that the rosey posey where playing it never bothered big Andy much as for the penalty i was at the gate end and it did look as if James made a meal of it p.s. your toilets facilities are crap

Toilet facilities are crap? How's that?

p.s. your toilets facilities are crap

What did you find crap about the toilet facilities?

There's 2 new toilet blocks, toilets under the stand hot officials and hospitality, the old pish hoose on the hill, if your brave, and there are 2 toilets in the club (bar and hall) that take no time to nip into.

Archived