LINLITHGOW V TALBOT / TALBOT V LINLITHGOW

happy

I think the difference in 2013 was Tucker Sloan. He done his homework and set his team out accordingly. We didn't react to this and paid the price.

Personally I felt we were also jaded with the amount of games we played in the lead up - but no complaints the best team on the day won.

Can't remember Lithgae ever threatening us at all in that final. There was only gonna be a Talbot win that day.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

As for 2013, Talbot won the double again stopping Rose's impressive unbeaten run much more emphatically than the 1-0 and the goal from Gormley was a stoater. 

Aye, hit the bar and stoated over the line but could just as easily have stayed out.  Mind you, there's no doubting you did deserve to win but that season we'd stolen a few games we probably didn't deserve to win and I was hoping we'd again sneak one from somewhere.

Wishing Talbot all the best for Saturday.  Let's make this an all Ayrshire final, and what an occasion it will be.

Good Luck lithgow- written off by many, hope you prove them all wrong [emoji106]

HAIL THE GALLANT! ! !

C'mon the Rose.

Big day ahead, and hoping for the right outcome. Time fer the boys to step up again and do us proud. Every underdog has its day.

Winning the second ball will be critical today so let's get up for it.

At least with segregation (Wtf ?), we'll be together so let's make noise and encourage the boys over the line.

#believe

HTG!

40 minutes ago, happy said:

Not a puff of wind,blue sky's and a big yellow glowing thing shinning down on beechwood park.Perfect.

P.S.    For real football on real grass.    :)

2 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

Will be interesting to see if last weeks number 4 stays on his feet when Milky gives him the runaround! The referee saved his bacon a few times.

Yes my big fellow programme scribbler and stadium developer, the number 4 was a squealing diver and conned the ref a few times last week with his melodrama and theatrics. I for one call on the Talbot support to look out for him, watch him and first hint of this give him pelters awe day. Guy looks a decent player but I have no time for that, it gives me the boak! 

10 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Aye, hit the bar and stoated over the line but could just as easily have stayed out.  Mind you, there's no doubting you did deserve to win but that season we'd stolen a few games we probably didn't deserve to win and I was hoping we'd again sneak one from somewhere.

Gormley showed composure, skill and patience, superb strike that was fitting to win the cup. Deserved to go in off the bar, kind of added to the effect one could say. Five minutes from time Milky ran from his own half going past umpteen Rose players eventually hitting the inside of the post, Rose got the run of the ball there, that could just as easily went in, was a fantastic effort and deserved a goal. One could debate these things all day, however as you allude the team who won deserved to. 

Getting to that stage now for today, I hope that Rose bring a big crowd, that you all have a great day and that the best team wins. 

Archived