• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After next week we will have played 16 home 17 away........so to have 19 home and away over the 38 game season...we should have 3 home and 2 away in the split fixtures

However we have already played Accies/Ict/Dundee twice at FP And only played Ross Cty/Killie once......so to balance that up playing all bottom six both home and away( for us) .......would mean we would have played 18 home and 20 away

Think we were predicted a top six finish (ha ha ha) by the SPFL (which would have given us 18 homes away).......so the fixtures are going to be unbalanced some where along the line and can possibly see some teams playing the same team home or away 3 times

and yes the bitching about unequal home n away games 

Lazily copy and pasted from my post in the Top 6 thread:
While we should be playing County, Inverness and Killie away, we're due an extra home game against one of them. We'll have only played 16 home games compared to 17 away come the split.
I'd fancy our chances at Inverness more than the other two, and we've looked pretty good against County at home. We've also not beaten Killie at home since 2010 - going so far back that it was Dougie Imrie's first goal for us!
I know it depends on the others' fixtures (that I have no clue about), but County at home is certainly our best hope.

Inverness look abysmal and destined for the drop, but the split can throw up any surprises. We have a decent record post-split too; a completely pointless stat, but we've won 13 of our 25 games after the split, losing 7 and drawing 5.

15 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

For the love of God don't let Motherwell and Killie be in the playoff place.

Ross C and Inverness can f**k right off too.

Cannot be arsed hauling my ass up the A9 on a Sunday for more May heartache

No need to worry it's not as if falkirk are going to be anywhere near the play-off final, or are you planning on following morton?

Killie are pretty much safe imo, and I think Motherwell will be okay as well. ICT don't look like getting off that bottom spot, so the play-off will be between Hamilton and ourselves I think. At least I'll get an extra game out of my season ticket

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

No need to worry it's not as if falkirk are going to be anywhere near the play-off final, or are you planning on following morton?

Interesting logic. The team above Utd and Morton are not likely to beat 1 of them.

If this was a "normal" fixture card we would have County, Dundee and Killie away with Motherwell and Hamilton at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see us play County away in the midweek round after the split (it would make sense geographically anyway).

Without any evidence for any of this I think we'll play Dundee (A), Hamilton (H), Killie (A), County (A) and Motherwell (H). 

We're going down, that is looking more and more certain with each passing week but if / when we are relegated I hope it's before we play County.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Killie are pretty much safe imo, and I think Motherwell will be okay as well. ICT don't look like getting off that bottom spot, so the play-off will be between Hamilton and ourselves I think. At least I'll get an extra game out of my season ticket

Admire your optimism on our behalf ! 

If we win v ICT on Saturday then I do believe we will avoid automatic relegation. But from what I hear Moult might be missing again. You going to lose your best player and top striker - these are not the games for it to happen.

We were rank rotten v Thistle on Saturday. Improved marginally in the 2nd half but by then Thistle should have been out of sight. 

A lot rests on this Saturday for the 4 bottom 6 sides playing one another. 

Post split we should have 3 home games but that is up to SPFL and would not surprise me if we were shafted. But if it comes to pass 4 home games from remaining 6 may give us an advantage. In saying that we have not won at home for ages. 

Certainly the play off spot looks likely to go down to the last game in this season as may 12th. Not going to be boring that is for sure 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Massive game for us on Friday, hopefully 3 points and the same kind of performance as the last time we played Hearts at RP. Kiltie got rested on Saturday, so hopefully he's raring to go on Friday. Big Ajer back available too.

Killie will have played 16 home 17 away after Friday's game with Hertz.....they have already played the rest of the bottom 6 twice away, apart from us,so think they will be coming to FP........for 19/19 split....they will have 3 homes then away to someone for a third time .......who would u prefer if this is the case?

Archived