St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

Pressure off us a bit on this with Hearts being utter shite last night. A win here would put us in a superb position going into the split and almost certainly mean fourth is ours for the taking barring a collapse by us and a massive upsurge in form from Hearts (or a ridiculous run by Thistle).

Draw would do us fine.

You'll have to do the honourable thing. Take one for the team/Scotland.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see our shape, will someone play off MacLean or will it be a five? Doubt Aberdeen will be too concerned about how we are set up but McInnes won't be certain.

Imagine Smith will be disappointed to drop out and whether it would have made any difference if he was our own player, I'm not sure.

No doubt about the quality McGinn possesses but I think, for Saints, he's easier to handle than Christie might be, so no real blessing in him being out.

Foster coming in but Swanson not. Might be reading into this too much but I wonder if this is reflective of the fact he probably won't be with us next year whereas Foster already signed up. Would have liked to see Davidson back, he always bosses games against Aberdeen.

Only got it on the radio but it's sounding like it. We had any possession?

Get a touch, punt it to MacLean, he loses header, no midfielder near him, Aberdeen get ball. That's it. No pressure on them at all.

Scobbie [emoji38] genuinely looking like a 5/6 goal game for Aberdeen. We've not mustered half a shot yet

Would be helpful if we were actually allowed a free kick though

Absolutely pish. Taken us 40 minutes to press Aberdeen up the park and then we gave up on it straight after. An utterly average team being made to look good as every player is allowed five yards of space.

Tactics are all to f**k, and no idea why Alston came off while Coulson, who's only touches take him five yards back the way, remains.

Archived