Glens v Bonnyrigg and Bonnyrigg v Glens - SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP SEMI FINAL

AftonArmy1994

1 hour ago, Bonnyrigg Vid said:

Come on, lets be honest here, there was nothing much between the two sides. Pumped!!!! I would beg to differ.

The only real difference between the two teams over both legs was a deflected goal.  

It was hardly a huge deflection though, it was the slightest of nicks. The ball was always destined for the net from the excellent strike from the lad. Having watched both games, Glenafton I felt were the better footballing side and played the nicer stuff in the final third. Bonnyrigg were a big physical side that always tried to impose their presence and at times had Glenafton on back foot, however Glenafton refused to be bullied and were resolute where I suspect other teams this year have caved into Bonnyrigg. Therefore I feel Glenafton thoroughly deserve their place in the final.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
right so if someone thrown a slat/brick/bottle at you what would you do? walk away? stand there and wait till they bottles etc hit you? .....

Glenafton fans coming out of the ground seeing the hibs bus and singing 'hullo hullo we are the billy boys' wouldn't have exactly helped things.... traffic cone thrown by an away supporter kicked it all off is what I've heard..

6 hours ago, Bonnyrigg Vid said:

Come on, lets be honest here, there was nothing much between the two sides. Pumped!!!! I would beg to differ.

The only real difference between the two teams over both legs was a deflected goal.  

Super Quality production again with your home recording of the game , gid to get a wee blether Saturday,  always enjoy your vids keep up the good work much appreciated.And you are spot on two well matched teams Glens just had that we bit steel to get by the games.

Well well well the video of the street fight without any shadow of doubt shows plenty of discusting antics filmed from one of their very own absolutely horrendous behaviour from hibs fans n when u see this video footage it amazes me why someone was not seriously hurt there is no excusing this behaviour in anyway u would've thought they would've learned after last years scottish final clearly not the video is readily available n shows horrific bottle n brick throwing incidents with woman children n oap's n clear view a glenafton fan lying unconscious  aswell How stupid was it 2 post this video surely police would b able 2 act on the footage alone 

43 minutes ago, Super afton said:

Well well well the video of the street fight without any shadow of doubt shows plenty of discusting antics filmed from one of their very own absolutely horrendous behaviour from hibs fans n when u see this video footage it amazes me why someone was not seriously hurt there is no excusing this behaviour in anyway u would've thought they would've learned after last years scottish final clearly not the video is readily available n shows horrific bottle n brick throwing incidents with woman children n oap's n clear view a glenafton fan lying unconscious  aswell How stupid was it 2 post this video surely police would b able 2 act on the footage alone 

Where can you find this video?

absolutely disgusted by it all.  Heard 1 of our OAP former players, Puskus, had to be protected by other fans and hidden behind a shop or something to protect him, the auld fella was understandably shaken and terrified by the whole thing.

Was at the game, left by another gate along with thankfully a large majority of our fans, a lot of whom were women and OAP's.. was bad enough by all accounts with those who did get caught up in it all, but could have been a helluva lot worse if the rest of our fans had left by the other gate where the bother happened.

6 hours ago, Super afton said:

Would have been easier to post the video than describe it. But yet you didn't.:rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Token Celtic fan in amongst us so wouldn't have sang that. What you've heard...I'll let u know if I come up with a worthwhile response to that!

Sorted that for you, comrade.

Plenty of Celtic fans in amongst us so wouldn't have sang that. What you've heard...I'll let u know if I come up with a worthwhile response to that!

Could've sworn I heard the home support singing it in the first leg!

37 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Could've sworn I heard the home support singing it in the first leg!

What a lot of nonsense. See if you are going to post shyte make it decent shyte.

It certainly wasn't the Bonnyrigg fans. They had nothing to sing about in two games.

Clown.

What a lot of nonsense. See if you are going to post shyte make it decent shyte.
It certainly wasn't the Bonnyrigg fans. They had nothing to sing about in two games.
Clown.

Sorry, did i not hear the home Glenafton support singing 'Hullo Hullo'?

Clown

5 minutes ago, wingnut said:

I heard Hullo Hullo sung at both games,it's a pity if what happened at the end is correct but surely it's to do with away support and Hibs fans and yet Rose fans getting stick for it.

I have seen the video and there are Bonnyrigg fans in the melee aswell as Hibs and Glenafton fans. Look it was an unsavoury incident and I think both clubs should be grateful there were no critical injuries amongst fans. Time to move on.

9 minutes ago, HonestMan1988 said:

I have seen the video and there are Bonnyrigg fans in the melee aswell as Hibs and Glenafton fans. Look it was an unsavoury incident and I think both clubs should be grateful there were no critical injuries amongst fans. Time to move on.

If that's the case then that's no good but I'd have tae see the video for myself.

Just for the record, I'm a former alter boy [emoji51] and for all the tea in China you would not hear me singing " hello hello" [emoji23].

I wasn't at the game on Saturday. So maybe not in the best position to comment [emoji848]

But from reading the posts on here regarding the scenes at full time. It's clear to me it's becoming a blame game. It's sad that this incident occurred at all ( remember, mothers. children. and OAP's were at this game ) to bring thuggery to a small venue of a junior club is unforgivable, "whoever" was responsible for this should hang their heads in shame. WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE [emoji35]

10 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Where is this video that's readily available??!

I was sent it by a friend. Ask about, I'm sure you'll know someone who will have it on their smartphone.

The file is too big to attach on PnB and also it's not appropriate to post such antics on PnB

The file is too big to attach on PnB and also it's not appropriate to post such antics on PnB

I fully agree with you. The incident should now be put to bed. Let's move on and focus on the remainder of the [emoji460]️ season,

Archived