Glens v Bonnyrigg and Bonnyrigg v Glens - SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP SEMI FINAL

AftonArmy1994

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it no to Saturday yet?  Really excited, got the nervous butterfly effect going on too, but most of all it's anticipation of hopefully a full on junior cup tie where both teams really go for it!  Think 1st goal on Sat has vast importance to the tie, come on, let it be an Afton goal!!  

Hopefully be a decent strong travelling support from here, few buses going thro and hearing of more cars filling up too after last weekends positive result.

Absolutely can not wait for Saturday at 2.30pm and more so that final whistle when our Afton Army will be going wild wi the squad!  

6 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Who is the ref for Saturday?

I noticed that saturday past ref Lloyd Wilson also reffed our 14-0 win v Burntisland in the season.

Ref on Sat is the guy who right royally messed up the Bo'ness game earlier in cup. 

Lets just hope he is well versed in the rules for Saturday.:unsure:

9 minutes ago, AftonArmy1994 said:

Ref on Sat is the guy who right royally messed up the Bo'ness game earlier in cup. 

Checkout the opening post on the bot v gow thread.   :)

Very disappointed to see that some have booked into Cumnock Juniors,  Glenafton and New Cumnock would have very much liked to have had the chance to welcome them to their establishments.

And you lot are heading for nitten I'm told [emoji85]

9 minutes ago, Van magic said:

And you lot are heading for nitten I'm told emoji85.png

That may well be.  

But the only thing that matters to us on Saturday is goals, and a victory for Glenafton!  So where we do our drinking and singing before the match won't matter in the grand scheme of it all.  And we will leave you lot licking your wounds after we see you's off on your own patch.

We have here at Glens a squad capable of big things, and we have boys who week in week out stand up and be counted when it matters, so this is their moment to go get the glory.  

Is it no Saturday yet?  Like a wean waiting on Christmas here, bring it on.  The Afton Army will be in fine voice for out singing the locals wi well lubricated vocal cords after the journey up!  

Its our time to really put a team to the sword again Afton, we could and should have done it last week as I believe if Darren's penalty goes in we go on to win 3 or 4 nil but it wasn't to be, and we go again getting stuck right in, in their faces from the off.

GET INTAE THEM, HEED FIRST, GET INTAE THEM, HEED FIRST.

There must be a shortage of referees if he's been allowed to referee this after his moronic embarrassing display at Bo'ness. Should've been demoted to Amateurs.

6 minutes ago, wingnut said:

That'll be the penalty that wisny a penalty and van magic is right,why would you go tae Nitten when there's plenty places for a swally in Bonnyrigg.

That may well be, but you can only go wi what's the officials give you on the day and I'm sure if it was opposite way round you wouldn't be complaining about being awarded a penalty that never was.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

There must be a shortage of referees if he's been allowed to referee this after his moronic embarrassing display at Bo'ness. Should've been demoted to Amateurs.

And I absolutely agree with you, especially given what's at stake for both sides.  But again, you can only play the hand your dealt and let's hope this guy has been seriously kicked up the arse for his f**k up and he is a firm and fair ref for this occasion.

8 hours ago, wingnut said:

We're well capable of pulling this result back at home and confident we will,mon the Rose.

Good luck to both teams the morn and may the best team win.The big rose have been huffed a few times in the latter stages but keep going,you'll get there.Beilive me we have been there.

Archived