Glens v Bonnyrigg and Bonnyrigg v Glens - SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP SEMI FINAL

AftonArmy1994

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Eastcoaster said:

Absolutely disgusting performance from that referee today. By a country mile the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen in my life, tell me this wasn't the guy that didn't know the rules earlier in the season? Shouldn't be allowed 2 referee again in my eyes. One of the worst performances I've seen from Bonnyrigg this season, a few players seemed 2 give up the ghost 2nd half, they all had a tough shift after the red yeah but I'd have liked 2 seen a wee bit more fight in such a big game. Still as bad as Bonnyrigg were minus the penalty (which looked questionable 2 see the least, not seen highlights yet) I thought Bonnyrigg could and should have won the game. 1-0 wi 10 men for so long is a decent result but should have been better. Confirmed yet again for me that the east is head and shoulders above the west. Bonnyrigg show up next week and I reckon they could embarrass glenafton. That tattiefield and thats being generous, did not suit bonnyrjggs usual passing game today. On probably the best pitch in Scotland next week Bonnyrigg will show their class. I don't think any1 can disagree that Bonnyrigg are by quite a bit the best team in the juniors but just a case of getting over that line and proving it now

What a load of rubbish, Bonnyrigg were total guff in the second half, im not saying we performed to our best either but to say you should of won is crazy. You have a team of giants but they are slow and want to play pretty football, and what you dont like is the Glens didnt let you play that way, so you reverted to punting long balls to your large center forward who had no impact on the game. And its clear you all are blaming the ref for yesterdays result, it was the Glens that beat you and you are lucky you left only one goal down for the return leg. Lets see what happens nxt week , but dont right the Glens off just yet.

Enjoyed my day out yesterday. Good company on the bus, the bowling club were excellent hosts. Nae trouble at all from the natives and Glens were very hospitable. As for the fitba well that wasn't the best. I think we got what we deserved but I am in no doubt we have several further gears to go through and hopefully we take care of business at home. A lot of players need to have a wee look at themselves for next week and get a performance from themselves as that wasn't a good representation of what we are actually about. It's on a knife edge so roll on next Sat.  Still confident we can get the job done.

as for the ref he was meh but we never did enough. Them not scoring that pen I think will be decisive when all is said and done

Absolutely disgusting performance from that referee today. By a country mile the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen in my life, tell me this wasn't the guy that didn't know the rules earlier in the season? Shouldn't be allowed 2 referee again in my eyes. One of the worst performances I've seen from Bonnyrigg this season, a few players seemed 2 give up the ghost 2nd half, they all had a tough shift after the red yeah but I'd have liked 2 seen a wee bit more fight in such a big game. Still as bad as Bonnyrigg were minus the penalty (which looked questionable 2 see the least, not seen highlights yet) I thought Bonnyrigg could and should have won the game. 1-0 wi 10 men for so long is a decent result but should have been better. Confirmed yet again for me that the east is head and shoulders above the west. Bonnyrigg show up next week and I reckon they could embarrass glenafton. That tattiefield and thats being generous, did not suit bonnyrjggs usual passing game today. On probably the best pitch in Scotland next week Bonnyrigg will show their class. I don't think any1 can disagree that Bonnyrigg are by quite a bit the best team in the juniors but just a case of getting over that line and proving it now

Gave up the ghost??? Behave
If we had gave up the ghost I'd awfully expect a very decent outfit in glenafton to overrun us and go on to win 3 or 4-0 we looked a little rattled after the pen but once we got it together a thought we stayed controlling the ball a hell of a lot better without creating anything clear cut.
Glenafton looked a little rattled after the missed penalty also as they'd probably have looked to go for the kill if they'd converted and finish the tie for good.

Both keepers had very little to do im pretty sure everyone will agree with that?

Bring on the 2nd leg safe journey to all travelling through need booked in anywhere let me know

For me neither side created much, Bonnyrigg had one good chance and a half chance in the first half with Glenafton i think having 2 shots on target, the goal and the penalty.

It's disappointing to not come away with something but a 1-0 away from home with 10 men certainly isn't the worst result. If roles had been reversed and we'd played the first leg at home and only won 1-0 I'd be more worried about going out than i am after yesterday.

8 hours ago, Eastcoaster said:

Bonnyrigg best pitch in scotland,,, are you sure about that it is a good playing surface granted but it is also ideal if you have one leg longer than the other, any glens fans know the top park at mauchline that is what i would compare it to and they know how to use it, but good luck to the glens hopeing for an all ayrshire final

Don't be fooled if the Bonnyrigg pitch is as good as they say then that will also suit the Glens. Glens are team that if the opposition want a physical battle then that's what they will get. If you want a game playing football the Glens are a very good passing team as well. 50/50 game next week lol ok

Very little in the game for me. The referee was like a rabbit in the headlights, looked out of his depth. Rose looked very comfortable with a 0-0 but Nelson's mistake gifted the goal and they were rattled for 5 minutes. With a pen and 10 men it could have been all over, Glens must be kicking themselves. 

Both teams can play much better I'm sure. Glens best efforts were from distance. McGachie's was a good chance but if it had fallen to a better finisher like McIntosh it might have been different. Also nobody has mentioned Hoskins' fresh air swipe that would have been the last kick of the game and maybe the equaliser, that's if he had actually touched it :lol:

Can't see how anybody away on the far side can say Turner's challenge was a red. It was right on the touchline, I was about 20 yards away. He definitely caught the lad a sair yin, looked like his achilles, hence the retaliation, but he was challenging for the ball. For a red it needs to be reckless, a two-footed tackle or studs up or out of control, but it was none of these. However it looked like a definite stamp from the boy (?)Marlow. In my view it was a yellow for Turner and a red for Marlow, but the ref and lino seemed to miss the whole incident. But hey ho, everything to play for next week. Looking forward to it.

I think the Juniors are suffering from poor inexperienced refs as the LL seems to get first pick as part of the Seniors setup.

Didnt think there was much between the teams at all. Not the greatest of games and few chances.
Happy with 1-0, gutted we missed the pen. But maybe a bit fortunate to get it in the fist place.
Big centre back for rose lost the plot and had to go.
Hope the rose fans enjoyed the day and look forward to next week now.
Slight advantage glens but in all honesty its too close to call.

Archived