Pie and Bovril - Most frightening posters in history

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

People saying he was trolling as well which i never saw, all i saw was a completely foaming individual who had a blind hatred for anyone who disagreed with him. A seriously worrying person.

'Trolling' is a seriously misued term on the internet these days, used to cover people who spend their life in a rage-faced mess and also people who send death threats or personal abuse to others.

AA Gill published an article around the time of the Glasgow East by-election which prompted a meltdown by Supras and a twenty page thread where he said people in Glasgow couldn't be impoverished because they had, among other things, adequate flooring.

The franchise known as "Livingston" have had some seriously deranged posters down the years.

There was the multi-alias "LiviCurryCider" who seemed obsessed with English hooligan movies, and arguing with himself on here when his Green Street DVD was worn out.. He was forever making up nonsense rumours abour the likes of Adebayo Akinfenwa signing for the franchise. There were also documented instances of him arguing with himself all night on a thread with two or three imaginary friends. Hats off to someone who can spend hours and hours arguing with themselves, logging out / in after each reply. He invented strange aliases such as "Livi-Ulster" who was the vehicle for his suppressed extreme-right tendencies. I think the guy was last posting under the name "ShagzWhite" but haven't seen him for a while.

There was, of course, "superally", one of the more annoying trolls who's ever posted on here. He, together with PerthshireBell, started a "goldenweek" theme to celebrate, er, "superally's" one year P&B anniversary. I don't think he lasted for the full duration of his gala celebrations before beign emptied.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I always get the details of this wrong, but there was also the incident with wedding photos that were actually from an England Cricketers wedding.

It was me that picked Supras up on it, the photo he posted was Ian Bell. Dunno whether he thought no one would know who a then current England international  was despite there being a cricket thread on the other sports forum. 

Fairly certain his response was "yes people do say I look like him" despite it being one of the top Google image search results for Ian Bell at that point. 

HB was another one that seemed reasonable when he played in a couple of the football games but fair to say he went off the charts firstly with the constant supras arguments and then the politics. 

God knows how many nutters I've missed out on in that forum, any time I dip my toe in it makes the rangers vs celtic forum look like oxbridge debating societies. 

Edited by Fuctifano

37 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Supras was probably the worst poster ever on here, a total thread ruiner.  

I think that accolade firmly belonged to Grim in all honesty.  At least with Supras the content of his posts were, at times, relevant and quite interesting.  Grim added absolutely nothing to any threads he posted in, was a total victim.

Just now, Adam said:

I think that accolade firmly belonged to Grim in all honesty.  At least with Supras the content of his posts were, at times, relevant and quite interesting.  Grim added absolutely nothing to any threads he posted in, was a total victim.

Yeah Grim was bad.  He didn't have as big an impact on football discussions as Supras though.

If anyone wants a taste of Supras' posting style, this thread is a classic - 

Genuinely idiotic.

23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

It was me that picked Supras up on it, the photo he posted was Ian Bell. Dunno whether he thought no one would know who a then current England international  was despite there being a cricket thread on the other sports forum. 

Fairly certain his response was "yes people do say I look like him" despite it being one of the top Google image search results for Ian Bell at that point. 

HB was another one that seemed reasonable when he played in a couple of the football games but fair to say he went off the charts firstly with the constant supras arguments and then the politics. 

God knows how many nutters I've missed out on in that forum, any time I dip my toe in it makes the rangers vs celtic forum look like oxbridge debating societies. 

I always thought that all that arguing with Supras - especially on the English premiership threads - really got to HB, his whole posting style became a pedantic, perma-raging series of pronouncements. It's like he was punch drunk, or Supras had inflicted some kind of posting PTSD on him.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

I always thought that all that arguing with Supras - especially on the English premiership threads - really got to HB, his whole posting style became a pedantic, perma-raging series of pronouncements. It's like he was punch drunk, or Supras had inflicted some kind of posting PTSD on him.

I think people can fall into a certain posting style if all they do is back and forth in unwinnable arguments.