Dunfermline v Falkirk

In the end, the correct result. Looked a stonewall penalty at the time, now, not so sure, although I don't really care.

Pars looked ok first half but we were awful so hard to judge. Houstons subs/change of formation changed the game again. Would prefer him to start like this but he must know best.

Good crowd in & I thought it looked more than just over 5,000.

Edited to add: Higginbotham & Geggan(sp?) were their usual moan self. Always cheated, never defeated, especially the latter who is always mouthing off at refs. Which is why they must brush him away now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally calm now. Have to admit I was utterly raging at 5pm last night.

But as they say these things even themselves out so here's hoping the same thing happens to your mob in the play offs.

In the end, the correct result. Looked a stonewall penalty at the time, now, not so sure, although I don't really care.

Pars looked ok first half but we were awful so hard to judge. Houstons subs/change of formation changed the game again. Would prefer him to start like this but he must know best.

Good crowd in & I thought it looked more than just over 5,000.

Edited to add: Higginbotham & Geggan(sp?) were their usual moan self. Always cheated, never defeated, especially the latter who is always mouthing off at refs. Which is why they must brush him away now.

It's hard to be angry at Higgy. How can you take him seriously running at the ref wth this bowly legs as if he's stepped off his donkey.

We won't progress through the play offs so don't panic Dunfermline fans unless Houston has a change of heart and realises he is a stubborn cock!!

Totally agree. This stubborn streak might prove to be our undoing. All the chat so far has largely ignored the flaws once again in Houstons starting selection. Again forced into recovery subs to repair the damage. I would say that surely Houston must see that Austin must start but we've said that before. Maybe he just saving his best team for the playoffs but I'm not convinced.

Big bonus from yesterday are the return of McKee, Thompson growing in confidence and Austin getting a goal.

Surprised at how little criticism there has been from Dunfermline fans at their own players to be honest. Fans being angry is one thing but a whole team being so enraged & completely losing focus was amazing to watch. Plenty of time still left in the game but seemed to mentally chuck it from penalty moment on. Although if you are looking for a coach to calm things down then maybe Sandy Clark not the man for that. I was expecting a backlash motivated by what was felt to be an injustice but this didn't happen, instead players, fans and coaching staff seemed to wallow in rage. I would have been annoyed if our players had reacted like that.

Don't know what his thinking is. I stopped second guessing Houston and his thought process about 3 months ago. He desperately wants 2nd so I would presume he thinks his starting 11 is his best team considering we have virtually a full squad to choose from now. Next week at home to QOS will be a very interesting team selection with McKee now back in the equation but I've said that for the last 8 games and he sticks to his so called favourites and winning formula till he realises we are getting overrun in midfield and are pedestrian and lacklustre. Maybe we are all wrong, he sees them in training all week, we don't!! Anyway still second and its in our hands so onwards and upwards. 2 games to go. COYB!

Dunfermline have been given 11 of the 42 penalties  awarded in this league this season, double that of any other team, nobody is going to tell me all 11 were stonewall penalties, I know one for a fact that wasn't a penalty. Penalty or No Penalty yesterday at the match 1500 folk though it was and shouted for it, one other guy also though it was a penalty and gave it. Had it not been given, it was just a matter of time till the goals would have arrived in a different fashion, we own Dunfermline, a bit like Kilmarnock own us. 

Wait, you haven't even seen the 10 penalties awarded to us but you think they were all soft/shouldn't have been given, just because it's a lot of penalties for one team to win?

"Penalty or no penalty there was 1500 people who thought it was" what? :lol

Falkirk will likely make the play off final again tbf. Morton have totally shat the bed and to be honest Dundee Utd are fucking shite. 

I'd strongly fancy whatever side finishes 11th in the top flight to turn over the side from the Championship over 2 legs though. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Falkirk will likely make the play off final again tbf. Morton have totally shat the bed and to be honest Dundee Utd are fucking shite. 

I'd strongly fancy whatever side finishes 11th in the top flight to turn over the side from the Championship over 2 legs though. 

No shit sherlock. You fancy the team with at least double the budget who have the 2nd leg at home to win the playoff final. Surely not.

I've now managed to see the penalty incident, fucking hell how bad was that. Never like to see players diving about like that, it was an embarrassment but unfortunately it's part of football now. Every team in the league will have penalties that go for and against them. We all just need to calm down and get on with it.
Second spot looking likely. Come on ye Bairns!

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No shit sherlock. You fancy the team with at least double the budget who have the 2nd leg at home to win the playoff final. Surely not.

Unsure why that post has prompted such an angry response tbh. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we do win the play offs to be honest. We aren't as strong as last year but we do seem to be able to raise our game when needed.

That and the premiership bottom teams are poorer this year IMHO.

I knew Dunfermline have had a fair few penalties this season, but 11...Jesus. I also vaguely remember a couple shouldn't have been given (Du, Hibs?), so surely you can't complain too much when one goes against you? You also can't really complain about cheating considering Hopkirk was booked for an equally outrageous dive shortly afterwards 

One more thing, people really need to get a get a bit perspective. It's genuinely staggering that a man falling over on a bit of grass can prompt such a reaction from grown men :lol:

Just look at those fucking words. Man falls over on patch of grass. I mean get a fucking grip of your life ffs. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

One more thing, people really need to get a get a bit perspective. It's genuinely staggering that a man falling over on a bit of grass can prompt such a reaction from grown men :lol:

Just look at those fucking words. Man falls over on patch of grass. I mean get a fucking grip of your life ffs. 

Your better getting that in what was excluding all the pish a pretty meaningless fixture for you guys since you were almost certain stay up and were outsiders for the playoffs. Better saving your good luck for that games that you desperately need 3 points in.

Dunfermline have been given 11 of the 42 penalties  awarded in this league this season, double that of any other team, nobody is going to tell me all 11 were stonewall penalties, I know one for a fact that wasn't a penalty. Penalty or No Penalty yesterday at the match 1500 folk though it was and shouted for it, one other guy also though it was a penalty and gave it. Had it not been given, it was just a matter of time till the goals would have arrived in a different fashion, we own Dunfermline, a bit like Kilmarnock own us. 

All eleven were stonewall penalties. We probably should have had double that to be honest.

Archived