Dunfermline v Falkirk

Just now, moanthebairns said:

Are you defending that? He does it all the b*****ding time, its fucking embarrassing. 

I've looked at it a number of times and I cant say I'm a 100% convinced from the footage available its a dive. If we had better footage then it would be a lot clearer especially if it came from the other side or behind the goals. Certainly if its a dive its nowhere near the worst I've ever seen as at least there is contact there. Still as far as I'm concerned we're now paying aswell for a referee making a cockup . I still want to know why if the ref doesnt buy it its a yellow card but if he does buy it its a 2 game suspension. Why is it not simply a yellow card ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

. I still want to know why if the ref doesnt buy it its a yellow card but if he does buy it its a 2 game suspension. Why is it not simply a yellow card ?

Because we gained an advantage from it.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've looked at it a number of times and I cant say I'm a 100% convinced from the footage available its a dive. If we had better footage then it would be a lot clearer especially if it came from the other side or behind the goals. Certainly if its a dive its nowhere near the worst I've ever seen as at least there is contact there. Still as far as I'm concerned we're now paying aswell for a referee making a cockup . I still want to know why if the ref doesnt buy it its a yellow card but if he does buy it its a 2 game suspension. Why is it not simply a yellow card ?

From behind the goals up the back, I thought penalty. It's all about views and how much the ref has caught in his line of sight. 

It would have been a booking on the day yes. But we won the match because of this, bairds was a dive as well if i'm honest. 

I think a two game match ban is quite kind tbh. I'd fling the book at him.

I'm always surprised just how rose tinted peoples views are when it's their club. Its still funny it was against them but no way was this not utter cheating. 

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Because we gained an advantage from it.

Only because the ref made an arse of it. What if we'd missed the penalty? Would it only be a yellow then as there was no advantage gained? And why 2 games ? why not just one? I hate diving as much as anyone but if your going to make it a 2 game ban after the game you make it an automatic red card during the game too.

Bairds one wasn't a dive. Evern the Dunfermline defender admitted he's caught him and it was a sending off. We didnt win the game because of it that was the equaliser. It couldve gone either way at that point.

El Bacteria is murder. 3 goals this season for Dundee. A seaside league player at his best.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Only because the ref made an arse of it. What if we'd missed the penalty? Would it only be a yellow then as there was no advantage gained? And why 2 games ? why not just one? I hate diving as much as anyone but if your going to make it a 2 game ban after the game you make it an automatic red card during the game too.

Calm your jets man! This has been going on for a couple of seasons now, it's been a two match ban for simulation if the compliance officer raises it after the match. I'm only telling you why. I don't know the ins and outs of what would happen if we miss the penalty and why it's two games. Email the SFA and ask them.

Players are aware they're going to get hit with a two match ban if they get caught at it, he'll take his medicine and move on.

Well it's nice to see that for all the Pars fans lack of interest in the fixture, this has resulted in a 2 match ban for a player, beaten to the ball in a collision, which resulted in a penalty rather than a corner.
Just means he's clear for the play offs. Thanks neeb's, result.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Calm your jets man! This has been going on for a couple of seasons now, it's been a two match ban for simulation if the compliance officer raises it after the match. I'm only telling you why. I don't know the ins and outs of what would happen if we miss the penalty and why it's two games. Email the SFA and ask them.

Players are aware they're going to get hit with a two match ban if they get caught at it, he'll take his medicine and move on.

I'm not getting on at you mate. I'm just wondering why the punishment for getting caught is so lenient compared to the one of not getting caught. You'll only stop players diving if you have the same punishment whether they get caught or not and that has to be a red card at least.

I'm not getting on at you mate. I'm just wondering why the punishment for getting caught is so lenient compared to the one of not getting caught. You'll only stop players diving if you have the same punishment whether they get caught or not and that has to be a red card at least.

Teething, Seary mess.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree, I think it should be red card. I just know that they tried to justify this by saying if you get caught at the time it's a yellow because you're not getting an advantage from it, and afterwards the punishment is more severe if you get something for it. It's a good point about what would happen if we missed the penalty, and it's inconsistent, but it is the SFA we're talking about here.

From behind the goals up the back, I thought penalty. It's all about views and how much the ref has caught in his line of sight. 
It would have been a booking on the day yes. But we won the match because of this, bairds was a dive as well if i'm honest. 
I think a two game match ban is quite kind tbh. I'd fling the book at him.
I'm always surprised just how rose tinted peoples views are when it's their club. Its still funny it was against them but no way was this not utter cheating. 

I honestly don't have a problem with it whatsoever, it's part of the game. It's up to the referee to notice it and punish players for it should they wish. I see it on a par (pardon the pun) with a player deliberately fouling an opposition player whilst they are on a counter attack, and get a booking for it. If you don't like it, maybe go watch rugby or something.

It's so hard to be able to just storm in with a red card for simulation though. Even retrospectively there is some doubt on here as to whether he trying to avoid the keeper or not.

surely if there is any form of contact it a very hard to prove simulation? The keeper DID clatter into Hippo but the point being made is that was AFTER the keeper played the ball. That's not simulation in my book. Do we think that Hippo should've said 'nah ref give us a corner he got the ball first' ? 

Archived