Theresa May Statement - 11:15

ICTChris

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I was just thinking this.  What sort of craven c**t would rather be governed by a Tory government headed by a woman who patronised the Scottish people and their Parliament with her "now is not the time" comment and is too much of a coward to take part in a TV debate in the run up to an election she has called?

Don't under-estimate the illogical 'ah hate thon Nicola Sturgeon' attitude which will be the overriding motive for many Scots casting their vote for 'anyone but the SNP'. 

did these diddies not try to coalesce Unionist votes around an ah hate Sturgeon and Salmond shags a granny platform in 2015, and fail utterly miserably to mobilise any kind of tactical vote?

wouldn't lose any sleep over that. Apathy will be the biggest killer for the SNP rather than the work of any political opponents.

Guest Bob Mahelp

May needs a 2/3 majority in Westminster to push this madness through.

That means she needs the support of Labour MPs. Why, why why, would any Labour MP vote in favour this ?

:confused:

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That means she needs the support of Labour MPs. Why, why why, would any Labour MP vote in favour this ?

I think it the only chance to settle the debate of whether Corbyn can become the PM or see how they perform at the polls with him as leader 

It's not really in the nature of labour mps to oppose tories though. They'd rather screw over Corbyn n oppose snp.

25 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Don't under-estimate the illogical 'ah hate thon Nicola Sturgeon' attitude which will be the overriding motive for many Scots casting their vote for 'anyone but the SNP'. 

But hatred of Nicola Sturgeon is never the overriding motive. They said similar things about Salmond, remember. Really, these stated views just mask some visceral and entrenched unionist/right-wing opinions. By using Sturgeon as the reason, they avoid having to justify their rabidly unpleasant views.

But hatred of Nicola Sturgeon is never the overriding motive. They said similar things about Salmond, remember. Really, these stated views just mask some visceral and entrenched unionist/right-wing opinions. By using Sturgeon as the reason, they avoid having to justify their rabidly unpleasant views.

Nail / head interface.

9 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I think it the only chance to settle the debate of whether Corbyn can become the PM or see how they perform at the polls with him as leader 

With a thumping majority in two leadership elections, Jeremy cannot resign as leader even if he never wanted the job in the first place.
Those who voted for him will expect him to at least make a go at his idea of how the world should be.
Poor poll ratings and any criticism from any quarter just feeds into their paranoia.

Fine.

At the end of this election, either he is elected Prime Minister (however unlikely anyone thinks that is) or he accepts he is not the one to lead the charge.

4 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

With a thumping majority in two leadership elections, Jeremy cannot resign as leader even if he never wanted the job in the first place.
Those who voted for him will expect him to at least make a go at his idea of how the world should be.
Poor poll ratings and any criticism from any quarter just feeds into their paranoia.

Fine.

At the end of this election, either he is elected Prime Minister (however unlikely anyone thinks that is) or he accepts he is not the one to lead the charge.

I reluctantly say this as a Labour and Corbyn supporter but I think the Labour Party will be a shell of itself in 7 weeks time and Corbyn and Dugdale will be gone.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Imagine what sort of fucking weirdo you'd have to be to prefer perpetual Conservative government from England over Scotland running its own affairs.

Absolute mind cripples.

You can only think that has happened if you're aged 12 or below.  Otherwise it's the usual ScotNat dross.

12 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I reluctantly say this as a Labour and Corbyn supporter but I think the Labour Party will be a shell of itself in 7 weeks time and Corbyn and Dugdale will be gone.

I am inclined to agree with you.

I suspect I would probably agree with Jeremy Corbyn on a number of things but I think he is very ineffective at persuading anyone who didn't agree with him on everything in the first place.
He has never played the part of "prime minister in waiting" (especially his sitting on the floor of a train stunt - something that would never happen to an actual prime minister).
I get the impression that is because he does not really want to be prime minister.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You can only think that has happened if you're aged 12 or below.  Otherwise it's the usual ScotNat dross.

He's not wrong though.    

Not wanting Scotland to run Scotland is weird enough.   Whoring yourself to this conservative government is mind crippling.   

22 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

This is all so familiar.

We need to risk breaking the country and imperil peace & properity on the continent to appease our eurosceptics & head off UKIP

We need to get properly horse fucked and hand the country to the tories for another 5 years in order to bin Jeremy

8 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

He's not wrong though.    

Not wanting Scotland to run Scotland is weird enough.   Whoring yourself to this conservative government is mind crippling.   

It's all so passé, tropetastic and predictable, though.

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

tim.png

The Conservatives are a cast-iron certainty to remain in government for at least the next decade through next to zero influence from Scotland. They entered into office seven years ago.

I suppose there was the joy of New Labour in between their previous 18 years in power, though! Hurrah for us!

What a total shit show.

Archived