June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Without being too nosey who are you voting for? Obviously do not need to say just seen some interesting likes popping up on my twitter feed by yourself. ;)

Those likes might give things away ;)* I'll be voting Lib Dem. I've got a lot of time for both candidates after they both gave me interviews for Uni, but I'm Pro-UK and Pro-EU - so it's the only natural choice. I'm also pretty central in my views, so I'd likely be voting for them anyway. 

Think it's going to be hugely tight though. Paddy Power seem to fancy the Lib Dems to take it back, but I honestly think it'll be a couple of hundred votes either way. Quite buzzing to sit waiting for the votes to come in to be honest. I love election night!

*Depending on what I've liked. I like a hell of a lot of stuff on there, which is ultimately pointless as I'll never read most of it again.

Those likes might give things away [emoji6]* I'll be voting Lib Dem. I've got a lot of time for both candidates after they both gave me interviews for Uni, but I'm Pro-UK and Pro-EU - so it's the only natural choice. I'm also pretty central in my views, so I'd likely be voting for them anyway. 
Think it's going to be hugely tight though. Paddy Power seem to fancy the Lib Dems to take it back, but I honestly think it'll be a couple of hundred votes either way. Quite buzzing to sit waiting for the votes to come in to be honest. I love election night!
*Depending on what I've liked. I like a hell of a lot of stuff on there, which is ultimately pointless as I'll never read most of it again.

Some very surprising things I thought.

Although I'm lead to believe Milngavie is very affluent so... ;)

Having a quick look at the betting for my constituency The SNP are marginal favourites, with the Tories a close second. Surprised by that as it isn't the most affluent area really and it was Labour until 2015. Voted Labour but suddenly frightened my constituency might turn blue. I can't really see it happening, just getting a slight worry.

Worth it for the results. Buzzing to get some food in, sit down and watch the drama unfold. Always a good laugh on here too.

I've used up a flexi day to watch them...

Yes, I am extremely sad.

Absolutely no shame mate. I may have extended my holiday a day for this [emoji6]

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Some very surprising things I thought.

Although I'm lead to believe Milngavie is very affluent so... ;)

Christ. I've not liked something really bad, have I? There's a few Tory and Labour graphics I know I've liked...probably shouldn't be admitting that on here actually. They're mainly education based iirc. I like to keep a list of all Murdo Fraser's tweets too. They're always a good conversation topic. Think I've liked a few of Spanner's things as well.

Milngavie is predominantly old, relatively well off people. My Dad was a pretty consistent Labour voter up until recently, but has turned his back on them this time. He's very Pro-UK, so I suspect he'll vote Lib Dem too. My Mum's always very secretive about her vote, so me and my brother like to tell people she voted UKIP as it winds her up. They aren't even standing this time, but I think we'll continue to do it. She was really upset about leaving the EU, but is also Pro-UK (though not as strongly) so I guess she could go either way. All my grandparents are Conservative voters. The ones on my Dad's side always have been, and my Mum's side have only recently started to vote for them. I'll try to fight the genes, but one day I bet I'll start to regularly buy the Daily Express. I think it's genetic.

Anyway, that's my family voting history explained. 

*Scurries away to scroll through several thousand Twitter likes*

A plane towing a 'Vote Labour' banner is flying above Liverpool.  Apparently paid for by the Unite union.

Liverpool constituencies have Labour majorities of 24,000 (Riverside), 27,000 (Walton), 25,000 (Wavertree) and 27,000 (West Derby).  The only non-Labour held seat in wider Merseyside is Southport, which is a Lib-Dem/Tory marginal.

I'm flying into London tomorrow evening. If the Tories get papped im storming down to Number Ten with red and yellow pyro to sing "big lead and you fucked it up". Taps aff obviously.

10 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Having a quick look at the betting for my constituency The SNP are marginal favourites, with the Tories a close second. Surprised by that as it isn't the most affluent area really and it was Labour until 2015. Voted Labour but suddenly frightened my constituency might turn blue. I can't really see it happening, just getting a slight worry.

Whilst I would never really remonstrate with someone because of the way they voted. I really want to call you a fanny for this. SNP was the correct answer.

14 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

That's the reason I'm having to vote Joanna Cherry here. Last I checked she was 8/15 with the Tories second, not sure if the odds are still the same. Obviously bookmakers can get it wrong, but looking at the council swings (which I know was only on a 50% turnout) I think it will end up SNP/CON.

That's the reason I'm having to vote Joanna Cherry here. Last I checked she was 8/15 with the Tories second, not sure if the odds are still the same. Obviously bookmakers can get it wrong, but looking at the council swings (which I know was only on a 50% turnout) I think it will end up SNP/CON.

Just seems surprising as the Tories were nowhere here last time round. Tbh I thought it was fairly safe SNP. I would have still voted Labour anyway, being a member I have to and I like our candidate so want him to get as many as possible, but genuinely surprised the Tories have a sniff here.

My big sister was a genuine undecided this morning.  She voted No in 2014, but is vehemently anti Tory and likes what Corbyn has to say. After a few gentle whatsapp messages from me, she's just went and voted SNP for the first time ever.

#proud

My big sister was a genuine undecided this morning.  She voted No in 2014, but is vehemently anti Tory and likes what Corbyn has to say. After a few gentle whatsapp messages from me, she's just went and voted SNP for the first time ever.
#proud

That's what she's telt you anyway.. ;)

2 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Just seems surprising as the Tories were nowhere here last time round. Tbh I thought it was fairly safe SNP. I would have still voted Labour anyway, being a member I have to and I like our candidate so want him to get as many as possible, but genuinely surprised the Tories have a sniff here.

You've just given a wee nod to Ruth, it's little wonder SLAB are so far behind up here.

You've just given a wee nod to Ruth, it's little wonder SLAB are so far behind up here.

I voted for the party and candidate I believe in. No regrets on that front. I would rather the Nats take it than the Tories but I don't regret voting for the only party standing in this election I actually like.

I would be pretty shocked if the Tories take it tbh, it's definitely not a stereotypically Conservative area I wouldn't think.

Archived