June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it was the UUP who would go with Tory regardless - DUP will likely not be so easy, especially with the 'border' issue ahead

The Ulster Unionists are more associated with the Tories, traditionally. They took the Tory whip until 1979 and one of their candidates defected and ran (and won) as Independent because of them being perceived to be too close to the Tories.

However, I can't see hard-Brexit, right wing DUP preventing them from forming a Government, unless May (or her replacement) is a complete dick in the negotiations.

Fantastic night. SNP done far worse than anyone ever believed possible.
Scotland having a big influence on the UK government to undermine the SNP argument in the best way possible- voting Tory.
Independence gubbed.
Country will need to shift to the left and the blairite/Cameron types now an irrelevance.

Remember when you had a tear stained meltdown cause one of your alias got banned?

That was a good day.

Just now, the jambo-rocker said:

Tories just need three of the last eight seats and they could form a government with the DUP.

They are actually there already. 322 would get them there and they are on 323 combined.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

They are actually there already. 322 would get them there and they are on 323 combined.

TIme to try and convince SF to come in out of the cold.

Surely forming a Government with a majority of 1 is doomed from the start. One by-election in the next five years and the whole thing falls apart.

Sore one for the Lib Dems in NE Fife. 2 votes.

I'm surprised that Labour has retaken Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath, but I suppose old habits die hard and I'd have voted for Corbyn if I wasn't set on independence.

Archived