June 8th General Election

Mudder

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty much lose lose for everyone then aye?

Apart from the Scottish hardcore unionists who don't give a f**k what happens to the coutry as long as they can continue to sleep under their UJ.  They'll be grinning like cheshire cats.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a shit night. People all over Scotland voting for a party that supports a hard Brexit, a rape clause and a dementia tax. Shameful. 

As much as the Unionists will spin this, the independence dream is not dead, far from it.

1 minute ago, tintax said:

What a shit night. People all over Scotland voting for a party that supports a hard Brexit, a rape clause and a dementia tax. Shameful. 

As much as the Unionists will spin this, the independence dream is not dead, far from it.

I don't understand how anybody can sleep at night after voting for these people.  I never realised Scotland had so many myopic, selfish p***ks.

Political earthquake. 

Dont try to take pensioners homes.

Dont assume a narrow 52/48 is a total mandate too dismiss a the losing side.

The youth can turn up if you give them something to hope for. 

And Curtice > Kellner. 

3 minutes ago, Todders said:

I don't understand how anybody can sleep at night after voting for these people.  I never realised Scotland had so many myopic, selfish p***ks.

I come from a background where you would expect me to be Tory all the way, but some of their policies are so appalling, there is no way I could ever vote for them.

Plus side is that those 34 SNP MPs potentially hold a fair bit of clout if the Tories can't get over the line. That would also help move the UK towards a softer Brexit.

Downside is that a soft Brexit plus those losses last night leaves a 2nd referendum between a rock and a hard place. 

Apart from the Scottish hardcore unionists who don't give a f**k what happens to the coutry as long as they can continue to sleep under their UJ.  They'll be grinning like cheshire cats.

Interesting to see how everyone spins this. SNP still romped it despite major losses, Labour still behind Tories who have actually lost their majority.

Ruth can't spin this as a win for Tories and a loss for SNP, surely?

5 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Today is the day the Indy dream died for me 

If Salmond and Robertson lose seats then we're fucked 

Why put ourselves through that again, it will be a bigger No 

Not for me. I had little to no confidence in winning another referendum soon anyway. If the SNP were setting themselves up for a bloody nose, then thank f**k they've taken one in a WM election.

I've a lot of love for Salmond but when a big part of the electorate are angry and motivated, big wide c***s like him are likely to be vulnerable. I'm sure he was making smug predictions aimed at the Scottish Tories a few days ago ffs :lol:

Now the Tories will have a ridiculously difficult job of forcing through Brexit and a bunch of MPs from Scotland as part of that group. Take away the 'but Independence' cop out, a bit of the bluster that guys like Big Eck provide and I'd be interested to see how they handle that that one.

Archived