Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Confirmation on that link that the move to new park has still to be rubberstamped as well.

I will delete the link as on 2nd reading the EA poster seemed to think their forum was members only... the irony of an online community club being undone by the internet.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Noticed from their twitter feed that three new players were signed as well, was David Sinclair playing junior/? His Wikipedia page has him at Irvine Meadow but nothing after 2016? Glackin seems to have been at St Rochs?

Sinclair has spent the last couple of years at Edusport. Last played for them in December, 20 games up til then, so whether injured or elsewhere?

Glackin saw out the season with Edusport, but had been with St. Roch's and Kilsyth earlier in the campaign.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What is it?

" I will delete the link as on 2nd reading the EA poster seemed to think their forum was members only... the irony of an online community club being undone by the internet. "

A wee google might turn it up.

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

" I will delete the link as on 2nd reading the EA poster seemed to think their forum was members only... the irony of an online community club being undone by the internet. "

A wee google might turn it up.

I'd checked twitter and some other places before asking, but nothing came up.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'd checked twitter and some other places before asking, but nothing came up.

They have not announced it yet which is why I deleted my post - I didn't realise I had put up an exclusive and that wasn't my intention. But some creative googling will turn it up if you need to know.

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

They have not announced it yet which is why I deleted my post - I didn't realise I had put up an exclusive and that wasn't my intention. But some creative googling will turn it up if you need to know.

In fact, I have turned up an article from last week's Sunday Post that lets the 'chat oot eh le sac'.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiYpLzUmpHjAhVRSsAKHenNA1cQFjAAegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressreader.com%2Fuk%2Fthe-sunday-post-dundee%2F20190623%2F283927409304034&usg=AOvVaw1fBTprzDym3oWvrJOizePy

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I still think something more precise to location would've been a better idea, but what do I know?

Bothwell FC, maybe.

It's a dreadful name but the choices were all appalling so that outcome was inevitable!

Those choices once again...

Alliance FC
Black Falcons
Caledonian Braves FC
Copa FC
Edusport Eagles
Edusport Phoenix
FC Tribe
FC Spero
Phoenix FC or derivative (Black Phoenix, etc)
Lanarkshire Lynx
Mondial FC
Sporting Union FC

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

It's a dreadful name but the choices were all appalling so that outcome was inevitable!

Those choices once again...

Alliance FC
Black Falcons
Caledonian Braves FC
Copa FC
Edusport Eagles
Edusport Phoenix
FC Tribe
FC Spero
Phoenix FC or derivative (Black Phoenix, etc)
Lanarkshire Lynx
Mondial FC
Sporting Union FC

Personally, I'd have gone for Bothwellhaugh, but realise that might be a step too far.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Personally, I'd have gone for Bothwellhaugh, but realise that might be a step too far.

They seemingly wanted something fairly generic. From reading around this, the winning name did not even win the 1st ballot.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

They seemingly wanted something fairly generic. From reading around this, the winning name did not even win the 1st ballot.

That doesn't remove a nagging doubt I have about the longevity of their stay at the location.