Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Sadly Ruth isn't taking my phone calls.

I find it strange that after 12 years of SNP centre rightish policy at Holyrood with little other than competence to shout about and 4 years of their domination of Scottish Westminster seats where they have proven they cannot achieve anything other than one liners at PMQs that anyone thinks the SNP are miles ahead of the other parties in terms of legislation.

Oh please, do tell what an army of 59 Labour MPs from Scotland will do against Boris's runaway government? Or perhaps it's beginning to dawn on you that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who Scotland sends down there, thus making our place within the UK utterly irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Sadly Ruth isn't taking my phone calls.

I find it strange that after 12 years of SNP centre rightish policy at Holyrood with little other than competence to shout about and 4 years of their domination of Scottish Westminster seats where they have proven they cannot achieve anything other than one liners at PMQs that anyone thinks the SNP are miles ahead of the other parties in terms of legislation.

Competence is a rare thing in politics.

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Oh please, do tell what an army of 59 Labour MPs from Scotland will do against Boris's runaway government? Or perhaps it's beginning to dawn on you that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who Scotland sends down there, thus making our place within the UK utterly irrelevant. 

If Scotland elected Labour MPs as part of a Labour majority they would contribute to implementing the policies in the Labour manifesto such as ending austerity, instituting a green new deal, creating a new fiscal framework that prioritises the majority of of the population, ending the homelessness crisis etc.

The SNP won't even offer Indyref2 at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If Scotland elected Labour MPs as part of a Labour majority they would contribute to implementing the policies in the Labour manifesto such as ending austerity, instituting a green new deal, creating a new fiscal framework that prioritises the majority of of the population, ending the homelessness crisis etc.

Where as.... if Scotland continues to elect SNP MPs and it turns out that Labour requires them in order to form a majority government. Scotland will fair far better, including being granted a 2nd referendum. 4U0m6pP.png
Unless of course Labour "values the union" more than keeping the tories out of Government. Which you can't really put past them. Ljsl9nQ.png

Edited by BawWatchin

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

😂

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

It is Scots fault that Labour can't get an English majority?

It was our fault for the Tory majority apparently..... despite it occuring exclusively due to the results in England.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Ah.....the auld keep voting red......one more time.....nearly their ...... argument...

That was so 20th century.

Thankfully the Scottish people sharpened up to it.

Labour can gtf.

Like or not..... a vote for anyone other than the SNP at this time, lifts the boot aff the unionists throats (Tory and labour) and allows them to dictate what they think Scotland wants.

10 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It is Scots fault that Labour can't get an English majority?

Obviously not.

But completely disengaging from the site of political power is extremely foolish imo. People all the over the UK would benefit massively from a Corbyn government. The next Westminster election won't have any effect on Indyref2 so why not vote on the basis of tangible achievements?

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Obviously not.

But completely disengaging from the site of political power is extremely foolish imo. People all the over the UK would benefit massively from a Corbyn government. The next Westminster election won't have any effect on Indyref2 so why not vote on the basis of tangible achievements?

Well if people would "massively benefit from a Corbyn Government" as you say. Then he should have no problem getting a majority without Scotlands help.... but even if he can't, he can always open a pact with the SNP in order to obtain that majority.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Because voting red in the 20th century achieved nothing 😄

Wouldn't know. I'm not old enough to remember the 70s when Labour last won a UK general election. From what i've heard though, it was pretty shite.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Well if people would "massively benefit from a Corbyn Government" as you say. Then he should have no problem getting a majority without Scotlands help.... but even if he can't, he can always open a pact with the SNP in order to obtain that majority. 

Given their votes yesterday and the Growth Commission I don't think a left Labour government would get much backing from Blackford and co.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Given their votes yesterday and the Growth Commission I don't think a left Labour government would get much backing from Blackford and co.

Depends what Labour has to offer Scotland I suppose. I'm quite happy for the SNP MPs to sit back, watch them all make lucrative offers to Scotland and then sell their services to the highest bidder.

4U0m6pP.png

Wouldn't know. I'm not old enough to remember the 70s when Labour last won a UK general election. From what i've heard though, it was pretty shite.
No, you could afford a house and family on an average wage, got paid to go to further education and had a decent welfare state. Pretty good all told.

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

A Labour government with SNP support is far, far preferable an outcome to me than a Labour majority. They're an English party with an English focus. That's absolutely fine and dandy but I won't vote for a party that does not have the interests of Scotland front and centre. 

The idea that Scotland has a single interest is mistaken. Scotland has multiple competing interests the same as the UK.

The SNP showed where they stand yesterday.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Yes, and I disapprove strongly of what the SNP did yesterday. But until we're independent I will hold my nose and keep voting for them regardless of what Labour offer, even if Labour's policy is more up my street. 

I suppose that's what being a nationalist is all about.

Just now, Detournement said:

I'm talking about shilling for AirBnB and shooting estate owners.

I know what you were talking about. You're very selective about it though. You're quick to point the finger at the SNP for things like this. But won't stand for any criticism of the "yeah but, not but on brexit" party.