Referees

das scooter boy

The biggest problem at that level is offside calls. It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to referee the game and get every offside decision correct. It's the same with youth and even some junior leagues.

Until the players/managers are at a level that requires assistants then they have to accept poor or wrong calls.

But most don't.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agreed offside is the hardest call in the amateur game. but do you ever hear a ref moaning at a player for missing an open goal we have some of the best amateur refs here in ayrshire and some are extremely fit for thier age and amateur level lets hear whos the best the worst and why and who is fit and who is not an honest debate cheers all in advance

20 minutes ago, the flagman said:

agreed offside is the hardest call in the amateur game. but do you ever hear a ref moaning at a player for missing an open goal we have some of the best amateur refs here in ayrshire and some are extremely fit for thier age and amateur level lets hear whos the best the worst and why and who is fit and who is not an honest debate cheers all in advance

Ive always found ayrshire refs to be pretty poor. Central/caley have the best.

12 hours ago, The instigator said:

Das scooter attention seeking wannabe!! 

Do not listen to this guy scooter he talks nothing but shite!!

kind regards!!

36 minutes ago, das scooter boy said:

Healthy debate going on here regarding Referees.
Stinkygator is the attention seeker.
Kind regards

Hahahaha the chuckle brothers hahaha

As a neutral who has watched an amateur game at some level most Saturday and Sunday's this season I've been pretty impressed by the standard of refereeing.

Refs will make, as a percentage, less mistakes than every single player on the park. I'd love to hear a ref shouting "you're fucking hopeless" at a player if he made a mistake just after giving the ref similar cheek.

As a neutral who has watched an amateur game at some level most Saturday and Sunday's this season I've been pretty impressed by the standard of refereeing.

Refs will make, as a percentage, less mistakes than every single player on the park. I'd love to hear a ref shouting "you're fucking hopeless" at a player if he made a mistake just after giving the ref similar cheek.

Heard one referee who shall remain nameless say to a player "shut the f**k up Jimmy and get on with the game"
Way it should be, 2 way banter

1 hour ago, das scooter boy said:

Heard one referee who shall remain nameless say to a player "shut the f**k up Jimmy and get on with the game"

See if "jimmy" had said shut the f**k up ref and get the fucking offsides correct would it have been took in the same context as the ref doing it to the player ? Highly doubtful of that. Respect is a 2 way street and there's a lot of refs who put on their gear and think they have the right to talk down to players. A lot of refs dont deserve the grief they get I will say that much. But on the other hand a lot of refs bring it on themselves with their attitude.  A very fine line.

See if "jimmy" had said shut the f**k up ref and get the fucking offsides correct would it have been took in the same context as the ref doing it to the player ? Highly doubtful of that. Respect is a 2 way street and there's a lot of refs who put on their gear and think they have the right to talk down to players. A lot of refs dont deserve the grief they get I will say that much. But on the other hand a lot of refs bring it on themselves with their attitude.  A very fine line.

Aye the referee in question can take it as well as giving it out.

2 hours ago, das scooter boy said:

Definitely a two way street. I would assume this referee had come up against this player before and knew how best to deal with the situation. Mutual respect.

From experience tho', there are many players refs just cant communicate with effectively, and are happy to question every decision, 'give advice' and think it's their right. 

I know there are card happy refs with 'bad attitudes'out there, but sometimes it's the only way to effectively get through to them that they are overstepping the mark

Archived