New clubs in the East of Scotland

6 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Just on Alex Jack Cup, so LTHV now SFA Full Members - is this also the case for Dalkeith and Blackburn?

The tweet says 31 clubs participating.  39 clubs in the EoS minus the following Scottish Cup 2018/19 participants:

Hawick, Preston, Burntisland, Coldstream, Linlithgow, LTHV (all licensed)

Bonnyrigg (East juniors winners), Tynecastle (Cup winners from this season)

Then minus Stirling Uni reserves would make it 30 clubs rather than 31 unless I've missed something?

Edited by stanley

1 minute ago, stanley said:

The tweet says 31 clubs participating.  39 clubs in the EoS minus the following Scottish Cup 2018/19 participants:

Hawick, Preston, Burntisland, Coldstream, Linlithgow, LTHV (all licensed)

Bonnyrigg (East juniors winners), Tynecastle (Cup winners from this season)

Then minus Stirling Uni reserves would make it 30 clubs rather than 31 unless I've missed something?

cheers - it's Bonnyrigg and Tynecastle I hadn't factored in.

7 minutes ago, drs said:

Conference B -

Lothian THV
Tynecastle
Burntisland
Eyemouth
Bonnyrigg
Dundonald
Bo'ness
Sauchie
Haddington
Tranent
Dalkeith
Crossgates
Dunipace

That's a tough league, can't see anyone going through the season unbeaten, at least 3 sides will fancy their chances of winning it.

Well I had hoped for an away trip in one of the cups to a ground I hadn't been to. Instead we come out the hat four times all at home.

But at least I'll be visiting seven new grounds in the league. I can't wait for the fixtures to come out.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

We'll probably know soon enough. Only known intention is to use 3x13 conferences in 2018-19 to form a 16 team EoS Premier in 2019-20, likely with regionalisation below to allow further members next year.

I would predict that clubs will vote for regionalisation for the divisions below the EoSL Premier.  However, that is for another day.

Let's get the (new) show on the road, so that we can all go on holiday..

Momentous evening! Congratulations to all the new member clubs. This is a fantastic development for the pyramid and I really hope to see a lot of the ex Juniors moving up quickly to the Lowland League - and beyond.  Hopefully automatic relegation from League 2 is on the cards.

Particular welcome to Sauchie. The Wee County has two senior clubs again. Could be wrong, but I don't think that's been the case since 1931.

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.8f6c6ad89ac09ead1e6e1482961626a2.png

Hawick as a top seed throws things off a little. While the team may well have improved during their stint in the Lowland, the club has traditionally been around the bottom of EoS2.

They seem to have a revolving door of players, can't see it changing next season.