New clubs in the East of Scotland

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I have absolutely no doubt that's whats going to happen. Canny mind what thread I said it on.

I would've accepted relegation had it been confirmed at the end of last season based on the Berwick scenario alone but to have us hanging on and no statements made from anywhere after the season end and up till now it has turned into being something absolutely shambolic.

I think Whitehill have been treated the worst in this saga through no fault of their own and I do agree with Newcastle  that they will be playing EOS next season 

30 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How did Hawick Royal Albert get on in the EoS last season? Even Preston weren't able to reach the new EoS premier. You are not comparing like with like because nothing as stringent as fully professional level licensing standards was being applied on LL entry and the wrong set of clubs got in if it were being done on any sort of rational basis. That doesn't mean that Bonnyrigg would be better than all LL clubs next season with a squad assembled with the EoS premier in mind given the presence of EK, Kelty, the Shire and Berwick who will all have large budgets to spend on players by the sounds of things, but there's still plenty of low hanging fruit waiting to be plucked by teams from below that want to progress.

:lol: Low hanging fruit that kept the pyramid alive when teams didnt give a fcuk for it only a couple seasons back! 

Funny how EK,Kelty and Shire are teams your aspiring to now :thumsup2

The league has got stronger by the season and only Kelty foreseen this.

Edited by newcastle broon

40 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

How the truth hurts some people  Newcastle Broon. Many of the new  *Aspiring* East  junior clubs 2 seasons ago   castigated Kelty for making the move.    .One has to ask who had the vision but that is not allowed.

The "wrong set of clubs" got into the LL though :blink: wtf :thumsup2

The likes of Auchinleck Talbot, Irvine Meadow, Pollok and Clydebank would probably be featuring prominently at the moment if it had been done on a rational basis, so it's not like the Dutch Erste Divisie where there was a slow whittling down of numbers in a survival of the fittest sort of way from also having a professional level Tweede Divisie as three clubs in Utrecht amalgamated into one and the likes of Xerxes Rotterdam and Blau-Wit Amsterdam fell by the wayside, etc.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Little point in continuing the debate over how the Lowland League was set-up, it is what it is now.  Hopefully this seasons shambles is finally sorted next week and we can move on.

Once the west come on board (in whatever form), the LL will see some very strong sides coming up so any “adjustment” will happen naturally over the next 5 or so years, particularly if/when they move to two promotion spots.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Little point in continuing the debate over how the Lowland League was set-up, it is what it is now.  Hopefully this seasons shambles is finally sorted next week and we can move on.

Once the west come on board (in whatever form), the LL will see some very strong sides coming up so any “adjustment” will happen naturally over the next 5 or so years, particularly if/when they move to two promotion spots.

I wonder what kind of fanfare we will see though  ?

Will it be announced as congratulations Bonnyrigg we've bent over backwards for ye setting new precedents or a low key affair with the fact they've rightly been stamping their feet spitting dummies oot prams ? 

Meanwhile up in Rosewell commisserations gtf and thanks for bending over and dropping yer kegs tae yer ankles allowing all this to happen :thumsup2

When the inevitable happens I somehow don't think we've heard the last of this ?  

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Will it be announced as congratulations Bonnyrigg we've bent over backwards for ye setting new precedents or a low key affair with the fact they've been stamping their feet spitting dummies oot prams ? 

Meanwhile up in Rosewell commisserations gtf and thanks for bending over and dropping yer kegs tae yer ankles allowing all this to happen :thumsup2

When the inevitable happens I somehow don't think we've heard the last of this ?  

What do you mean by stamping feet and spitting dummies? I think you well appreciate they (and the other 5 clubs) have a pretty valid grievance.

WW deserve relegation, but are as much a victim of the SFA mismanagement of the situation as anyone else.

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What do you mean by stamping feet and spitting dummies? I think you well appreciate they (and the other 5 clubs) have a pretty valid grievance.

WW deserve relegation, but are as much a victim of the SFA mismanagement of the situation as anyone else.

If you read the Midlothian advertiser over the past few weeks ive mistakenly read it as poor old Bonnyrigg  then :rolleyes:

The other 5 clubs rightly aggrieved don't seem to be getting the publicity albeit no winning promotion ? 

Yip I've said time after time now ww deserve to go doon but put your club in ww shoes would you take it lying doon  ? 

It's certainly gonnae be an interesting set of affairs going forward whichever way the SFA interpret it all  ? 

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

If you read the Midlothian advertiser over the past few weeks ive mistakenly read it as poor old Bonnyrigg  then :rolleyes:

The other 5 clubs rightly aggrieved don't seem to be getting the publicity albeit no winning promotion ? 

Yip I've said time after time now ww deserve to go doon but put your club in ww shoes would you take it lying doon  ? 

It's certainly gonnae be an interesting set of affairs going forward whichever way the SFA interpret it all  ? 

Remind me who's chucking their toys out the pram again? :lol:

(I don't read Midlothian Advertiser)

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Remind me who's chucking their toys out the pram again? :lol:

(I don't read Midlothian Advertiser)

Nice try i'm no a club spokesman though and you didnt answer my question would you let your club roll over and just accept it in the direction it looks like heading  ? 

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Will it be announced as congratulations Bonnyrigg we've bent over backwards for ye setting new precedents or a low key affair with the fact they've rightly been stamping their feet spitting dummies oot prams ? 

It's not entirely clear if these are new precedents, there's just a larger spotlight on it this year.

Last year LTHV didn't officially have a SFA license. Yet during their games against Kelty to decide the championship those that attended asked if they would be okay for promotion. The answer being yes.

Kelty end up winning the title, but would have LTHV been allowed to contest the LL playoff with Threave? We'll never know.

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Nice try i'm no a club spokesman though and you didnt answer my question would you let your club roll over and just accept it in the direction it looks like heading  ? 

I didn't say you were a club spokesman?

You finished bottom, you should be relegated and but for the SFA f*cking it up you already would have been.  That may possibly be righted eventually, is it because you may not get away with it that's upsetting you?

Bonnyrigg have been unfairly screwed over by the SFAs decision to move the goalpost (a decision that seems 100% deliberate) at the last second so I can’t blame them for feet stamping as any club in their position would do the same.

Didn’t Whitehill do a bit of feet stamping themselves to try and get a rule change when the demise of Selkirk meant the LL rules said the 15th place club would be relegated as bottom even if Berwick didn’t come down.

The SFA are to blame for this whole mess but the correct out come should be Bonnyrigg promoted and Whitehill relegated. The last second floodlight rule and not giving Bonnyrigg derogation was ridiculous. If the SFA were so adamant about floodlights immediately 3 LL teams should be going down and replaced by teams with floodlights.

This whole saga is no more Bonnyrigg’s doing than it is Whitehill’s

Just now, Burnie_man said:

I didn't say you were a club spokesman?

You finished bottom, you should be relegated and but for the SFA f*cking it up you already would have been.  That may possibly be righted eventually, is it because you may not get away with it that's upsetting you?

You really have a way with words  ?

You still haven't answered the question if it were your club in ww situation would you just roll over and accept it  ? 

Nothing upsetting me plenty local games next season if we go doon despite all the politics  I'm sure youd want your club in as high a league as possible though  ;)

Just now, newcastle broon said:

You really have a way with words  ?

You still haven't answered the question if it were your club in ww situation would you just roll over and accept it  ? 

Nothing upsetting me plenty local games next season if we go doon despite all the politics  I'm sure youd want your club in as high a league as possible though  ;)

Yes I think I would accept it (not that we will even be in the LL), just the same as if we finish bottom 3 next season we'll go down as we won't have been good enough.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Yes I think I would accept it (not that we will even be in the LL), just the same as if we finish bottom 3 next season we'll go down as we won't have been good enough.

I think differently from you then because if theres any loopholes to keep my team as high as possible I'd be scrutinizing them in every way.

Yes we should be doon but as I keep saying we should've been officially relegated last month. End off. But to have us hanging on is nothing short of bordering ridiculous. 

It's the SFA that's not coming out well at all in any of this. 

What next a 17 team LL next year perhaps :P ?

Whitehills time will come eventually but for now al keep clinging to them straws :rolleyes: 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

I think differently from you then because if theres any loopholes to keep my team as high as possible I'd be scrutinizing them in every way.

Yes we should be doon but as I keep saying we should've been officially relegated last month. End off. But to have us hanging on is nothing short of bordering ridiculous. 

It's the SFA that's not coming out well at all in any of this. 

What next a 17 team LL next year perhaps :P ?

Whitehills time will come eventually but for now al keep clinging to them straws :rolleyes: 

I'm not sure I'd want my team to survive via a loophole at the expense of the Champion club below.

I'd like to see Bonnyrigg go up, if nobody comes down as a temporary solution then so be it. I want to see winning clubs rewarded by going up, that's what a Pyramid is all about......

There's no reason why it should be 17 teams next season. The LL Board provided the waiver for EoS clubs who get licensed after March 31st up until the SFA AGM and WW finished in a position that would have led to being relegated even if Selkirk had still been around. Things are following their normal course.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm not sure I'd want my team to survive via a loophole at the expense of the Champion club below.

I'd like to see Bonnyrigg go up, if nobody comes down as a temporary solution then so be it. I want to see winning clubs rewarded by going up, that's what a Pyramid is all about......

I too would like to see Bonnyrigg up but theres a lot of things I'd like to see as well wi west juniors in the LL and a relegation from the HFL but they ain't gonnae happen anytime soon. That's what a pyramid should be all about. 

Anyways like I've said it's only a matter of time now for the nail in ww s coffin as far as LL participation is concerned....