New clubs in the East of Scotland

On 17/01/2020 at 16:43, gogsy said:

Image result for get out of here cary grant

We get the message Gogsy. It's time for the juniors to go. 

But wait a minute, how many East juniors have announced their intention to depart and go senior ? 

The PWG has been discontinued, so what happens next in the East Region ? It's all gone very quiet on this forum,  regarding any new clubs joining the EoSL, with the 'deadline' (for applications) just six weeks away.

The official announcement issued today about a possible WoSL has certainly enlivened the debate on the Future of the Juniors forum.

37 minutes ago, Robert James said:

We get the message Gogsy. It's time for the juniors to go. 

But wait a minute, how many East juniors have announced their intention to depart and go senior ? 

The PWG has been discontinued, so what happens next in the East Region ? It's all gone very quiet on this forum,  regarding any new clubs joining the EoSL, with the 'deadline' (for applications) just six weeks away.

The official announcement issued today about a possible WoSL has certainly enlivened the debate on the Future of the Juniors forum.

Clubs are quite entitled to not publicly announce their intentions.

I hear Glasgow Uni are very interested in the new WoSFL.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Clubs are quite entitled to not publicly announce their intentions.

I hear Glasgow Uni are very interested in the new WoSFL.

Glasgow University would not be interested in joining a WRJFA pyramid league controlled by the SJFA.  An independent West senior League would however be  a different proposition.

If GUFC were to apply, and be accepted, Uni 'rivals' Strathclyde University might also give the new league some consideration.

3 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Would help if clubs did announce their intentions and move things along before its too late and the whole show has to drag on for yet another year.

Agreed

Will  SFA member club  Girvan apply to join the WoSL ? Not yet decided apparently.  However a club source has confirmed that they are trying to raise funds for floodlights in order to retain their licence, which may give a clue?

As pointed out by @Burnie_man we've got the first public EoS applicant:

Kirkcaldy & Dysart F.C. decided at a meeting of the Club on Tuesday 4th February to, after 50 years as a Junior Club, seek membership of the East of Scotland League, who are an integral part of the S.F.A. Pyramid. The club has been rejuvenated over the past two years and became a community club with youth teams at all age groups in partnership with Templehall United and Kirkcaldy FC. There have been positive developments off the park as well, with plans underway to further develop Alex Penman Park and the surrounds.

It is felt that with the number of Clubs leaving the East Region of the SJFA in recent years the Junior game has deteriorated. We feel the migration to the East of Scotland League can only continue. We are keen to have the opportunity to be involved with an Association that allows each Club to find its own level within the Scottish football hierarchy. We are an ambitious Club and are looking to grow both on and off the pitch and are confident that moving to the East of Scotland League will be a giant step towards achieving these ambitions.

Commenting on the proposal Manager Craig Ness said – “I’m delighted with the Club’s decision to apply to the East of Scotland League. I feel the move will help the Club stay on the upward curve it has been on over the last two years”

As pointed out by [mention=14716]Burnie_man[/mention] we've got the first public EoS applicant:

Kirkcaldy & Dysart F.C. decided at a meeting of the Club on Tuesday 4th February to, after 50 years as a Junior Club, seek membership of the East of Scotland League, who are an integral part of the S.F.A. Pyramid. The club has been rejuvenated over the past two years and became a community club with youth teams at all age groups in partnership with Templehall United and Kirkcaldy FC. There have been positive developments off the park as well, with plans underway to further develop Alex Penman Park and the surrounds.

It is felt that with the number of Clubs leaving the East Region of the SJFA in recent years the Junior game has deteriorated. We feel the migration to the East of Scotland League can only continue. We are keen to have the opportunity to be involved with an Association that allows each Club to find its own level within the Scottish football hierarchy. We are an ambitious Club and are looking to grow both on and off the pitch and are confident that moving to the East of Scotland League will be a giant step towards achieving these ambitions.

Commenting on the proposal Manager Craig Ness said – “I’m delighted with the Club’s decision to apply to the East of Scotland League. I feel the move will help the Club stay on the upward curve it has been on over the last two years”

Who’s left in SJFA from Fife, will the rest follow. Fife isn’t exactly a junior stronghold like West Lothian and Ayrshire, with more Fife teams in the pyramid than out the rest will certainly have to consider their options.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Who’s left in SJFA from Fife, will the rest follow. Fife. Isn’t exactly a junior stronghold like West Lothian and Ayrshire, with more Fife teams in the pyramid than out the rest will certainly have to consider their options.

8 clubs left from Fife.  Other than Kirkcaldy, you've got:

Thornton Hibs, Tayport, Kennoway Star Hearts, Lochore Welfare, Newbury, Rosyth and Lochgelly Albert

Kelty Hearts in the Lowland League and 8 Fife clubs in the EoS.

K&D's decision would see the South's two division structure down to 19 teams if they left. It's only going to take another couple before everyone has to consider what they're going to do.

Which I imagine they all must be doing know as there doesn't seem to be any applicant clubs lurking in the wings like last year with the Breadalbane, Linlithgow Thistle and Linllithgow Rose CFC rumours.

Kirkcaldy moving to the EoS would leave just 17 of the old South of the Tay junior sides in the SJFA (excluding the four that joined last season after the exodus).

9 in West Lothian (only three have moved so far to the EoS)

7 in Fife (Kirkcaldy will be the 8th Fife team to move to the EoS plus Burntisland/Inverkeithing)

1 in Perthshire (Jeanfield and Kinnoull already moved, the others north of the Tay)

Edited by stanley

7 minutes ago, stanley said:

Kirkcaldy moving to the EoS would leave just 17 of the old junior sides in the SJFA (excluding the four that joined last season after the exodus).

9 in West Lothian (only three have moved so far to the EoS)

7 in Fife (Kirkcaldy will be the 8th Fife team to move to the EoS plus Burntisland/Inverkeithing)

1 in Perthshire (Jeanfield and Kinnoull already moved, the others north of the Tay)

Scone are south of the line. Luncarty is the odd story

Only known one is K&D, Burnie_man knows one has applied I believe (no idea if it’s K&D) and he’s mentioned other have enquired but he won’t say who as it’s up to the clubs to go public.
Kirkcaldy wasn't one of the names I've been told, so as far as I am lead to believe there is one more leaving, and another which will be leaving in addition to Kirkcaldy.

I also heard most Fife clubs will be leaving but we'll see. Heard a few murmurs about WL clubs but nothing I would hang my hat on.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Kirkcaldy wasn't one of the names I've been told, so as far as I am lead to believe there is one more leaving, and another which will be leaving in addition to Kirkcaldy.

I also heard most Fife clubs will be leaving but we'll see. Heard a few murmurs about WL clubs but nothing I would hang my hat on.

I feel like, if one or two more Fife clubs announce they have applied to the EoS, then the rest will follow as the "local matches" reason will get weaker with each team that leaves.

Just now, never been to scotland said:

There might not be a Premier to be relegated to if even a handful transfer.

That's just it. You're Kennoway Star Hearts. You were playing in the last proper East Super League. Now you face getting relegated to a 9 team league playing knock off Bo'ness, Linlithgow, and Sauchie.

Why hang around for that?