New clubs in the East of Scotland

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
I think anyone threatened with relegation from the Super to the Premier would be certs to apply.

Tayport? Clearly a Fife club but seem to consider themselves Tayside.

I was thinking just of the South side. Looking at the table though maybe Scone will be thinking about it.

It's obviously a bit trickier, and only Twitter, but saw Luncarty retweet Glencairn's statement. They're hopefully fully aware of the situation they're in to at least attempt it.

Good that the divide in Fife is getting smaller. Guessing Burntisland and Kirkcaldy YM haven't played in a competitive game before so that will be a new derby.

Assuming the EOS goes to premier-first-second divisions next season, it might be easier for clubs who are in the South Premier to move as they'll be playing in the bottom league anyway.

But with only Kennoway for company you wonder what it will take for Thornton to move.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's just it. You're Kennoway Star Hearts. You were playing in the last proper East Super League. Now you face getting relegated to a 9 team league playing knock off Bo'ness, Linlithgow, and Sauchie.

Why hang around for that?

Loyalty to Our Great Historic Grade

Good that the divide in Fife is getting smaller. Guessing Burntisland and Kirkcaldy YM haven't played in a competitive game before so that will be a new derby.

Assuming the EOS goes to premier-first-second divisions next season, it might be easier for clubs who are in the South Premier to move as they'll be playing in the bottom league anyway.

But with only Kennoway for company you wonder what it will take for Thornton to move.

Assurances of no Tuesday night’s Vs Peterhead, Elgin or Cove and the SFA to cover the costs of gold plated toilets. Promotion is to be optional and they must be allowed to keep paying fines to the SJFA, floodlights are never to be used and absolutely no 3:00 kick offs

35 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Think they'd need to erect a perimeter fence around the ground which will take a few grand

Pretty sure Inverkeithing's "perimeter fence" didn't cost a few grand, £25 for 50m on Amazon (probably need 8-10 of them) plus some poles to hold it up. There's also Peebles without a perimeter fence at all.

But really, if it means all of the Fife teams are together in the EOS then I'm sure they will give Thornton time to sort out their fence.

29155994627_54b962c7be_o.jpg

Edited by Ginaro

20 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Pretty sure Inverkeithing's "perimeter fence" didn't cost a few grand, £25 for 50m on Amazon (probably need 8-10 of them) plus some poles to hold it up. There's also Peebles without a perimeter fence at all.

But really, if it means all of the Fife teams are together in the EOS then I'm sure they will give Thornton time to sort out their fence.

29155994627_54b962c7be_o.jpg

I want to agree with you but Ballast Bank has a perimeter fence around the main park - presumably the league officials determined that it met the criteria - I'm sure a couple applicants last season did not and weren't admitted. 

A chain link fence like the one Thornton obtained planning  permission for would be more like £20 - £25 a linear metre (on a good day) supplied and installed... a few quid, unfortunately.

EoS Mandatory requirements:

1. Enclosed self-contained ground such that admission can be controlled and charged for. The ‘football ground’ must give an overall appearance and impression of being a football ground. It is a matter for the Office Bearers/Board to determine whether a ground meets this requirement

2. The boundary wall/fence must be permanent and such as to obscure viewing into the ground from publicly accessible areas

They might have a friendly Councillor who can direct some funds their way for the ground, or a sponsor / local housebuilder - I don't know.  

Peebles = Grandfather rights(?) 

Edited by Che Dail

26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If the all Fife team rumour is true you've got the basis of Regional Second Divisions pretty well sorted. Tayport stay Tayside you could even just have a 16 team league with a 50/50 split that should keep people happy.

image.png.7ec60594db3af06bfe90d1a525e4b111.png

image.png.9ca2546c5486b63359e83d0ac19f53f3.png

How would they be split if the West Lothian clubs also join?