New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

With various situations possibly arising, it seems plausible that the majority of  EOS / WOSFL clubs should have a side that feeds into their first team - be it reserve,youth etc, but rarely another club ? Can't see many getting a share of a towns population, would anyone watch all/every Bo'ness clubs ? Are there many other places with the same problems ?  Guess lookin down south, once there were two proud historical Ossett clubs - things move on I guess.

Forfar sustains 3 semi professional mens clubs, a semi professional women's team, plus amateur teams, and all 3 of those will likely be senior sides next season once the Midland feeder to the HL is approved by the SFA. Its population and size is about the same as Bo'ness.

Edited by morley

50 minutes ago, morley said:

Forfar sustains 3 semi professional mens clubs, ... Its population and size is about the same as Bo'ness.

So what? Are you even bothering to read the posts on this subject to try to understand what the issue is? All three Forfar clubs have their own ground and none have used being part of a supposed shared player pathway under another club's branding as a deceitful way into the other club's stadium before turning around and saying they now want to do their own thing as a rival club but with a groundshare at Newtown Park that Bo'ness United doesn't want to happen.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So what? Are you even bothering to read the posts on this subject to try to understand what the issue is? All three Forfar clubs have their own ground and none have used being part of a supposed shared player pathway under another club's branding as a deceitful way into the other club's stadium before turning around and saying they now want to do their own thing as a rival club but with a groundshare at Newtown Park that Bo'ness United doesn't want to happen.

All the public attempts at slandering Athletic reflects badly on Bo’ness United.

Instead of rising above it, like Athletic are doing, all it portrays is a sense fear.

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

You assured myself and others in posts on here who queried what was going on that an MoU was in place and appeared to imply that the Stirling Uni scenario would apply if there was subsequent pyramid entry, so I fully understand why Iain Muirhead is upset.

You assured myself and others in posts on here who queried what was going on that an MoU was in place and appeared to imply that the Stirling Uni scenario would apply if there was subsequent pyramid entry, so I fully understand why Iain Muirhead is upset.
Could it be that they are worried about being shown up by a proactive, progressive committee with get up and go ideas rather than rely on handouts ?

The other boness team have reacted to the hand they've been dealt - there is no junior set up in the east now so they either regressed or continued to move forward .....

My understanding was that it was the athletic team who forged the link with the community club not necessarily the "big" club.

Maybe your chairman is worried about having to hire the hospitality facility now as well as the park?.... or still expect for free.

Can fully understand that the Athletic maybe the more (in some eyes) ambitious etc with plans etc, wonder what would happen if this happened to loads of EOS clubs ? Not my knowledge, but how big is Bo'ness, population wise, catchment area for players, availability of  sponsors etc ? My last visit v Luncarty last February amid the monsoon !

If you see Linlithgow Rose under "My Team" it's best not to pay any attention to what is being said on any topic related to Bo'ness. The two towns have a longstanding rivalry and they are green with envy right now about being stuck in tier 6 while the BUs are in the Lowland League. There should be no concerns over the level of ambiton of Bo'ness United. The stated goal is the SPFL in the next 5 years and the BUs are well on the way to being in a position to achieve that while Linlithgow's club languishes at a lower level with promotion playoffs against the WoS champions making the path to the LL very challenging now if there are no rule changes (turkeys don't vote etc).

The emergence of this second club will in all likelihood prove to be no more than a temporary irritant as they are not likely to draw fans away to any noticeable extent. If anything, there was a lot more danger of that happening previously when they were Bo'ness United JFC and were entering the junior cup and had derby games against a Linlithgow Rose branded "tribute act" because those had always been the main focal points of interest for the two or three games a season type fanbase. They did comically badly in the SJC getting knocked out by a north region team called Ellon United and the Linlithgow Rose "tribute act" were playing in a 3G cage so that never materialised.

Key thing to bear in mind is that it's how Linlithgow Thistle went about barging their way into Newtown Park to ultimately become Bo'ness Athletic that is the main issue in all of this. If they were claiming to be a second Bo'ness club while playing their home games somewhere like Little Kerse, there would be a lot less animosity.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

50 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you see Linlithgow Rose under "My Team" it's best not to pay any attention to what is being said on any topic related to Bo'ness. The two towns have a longstanding rivalry and they are green with envy right now about being stuck in tier 6 while the BUs are in the Lowland League. There should be no concerns over the level of ambiton of Bo'ness United. The stated goal is the SPFL in the next 5 years and the BUs are well on the way to being in a position to achieve that while Linlithgow's club languishes at a lower level with promotion playoffs against the WoS champions making the path to the LL very challenging now if there are no rule changes (turkeys don't vote etc).

The emergence of this second club will in all likelihood prove to be no more than a temporary irritant as they are not likely to draw fans away to any noticeable extent. If anything, there was a lot more danger of that happening previously when they were Bo'ness United JFC and were entering the junior cup and had derby games against a Linlithgow Rose branded "tribute act" because those had always been the main focal points of interest for the two or three games a season type fanbase. They did comically badly in the SJC getting knocked out by a north region team called Ellon United and the Linlithgow Rose "tribute act" were playing in a 3G cage so that never materialised.

Key thing to bear in mind is that it's how Linlithgow Thistle went about barging their way into Newtown Park to ultimately become Bo'ness Athletic that is the main issue in all of this. If they were claiming to be a second Bo'ness club while playing their home games somewhere like Little Kerse, there would be a lot less animosity.

What if they had entered the pyramid as boness athletic but played at newtown park but the junior bit hadn't happened 

...probably also significantly less animosity I would have thought if they had been up front about their true intentions. Not sure how doable that scenario would have been though.

Think it's obvious now that some people didnt grasp that the east region was already in terminal decline in West Lothian terms by the time BUJFC emerged and had zero chance of pyramid entry as an LL feeder so they genuinely thought they could pull a fast one with the player pathway stuff and use the junior legacy to usurp the real Bo'ness United as the main Bo'ness club in interest terms moving forward. Bo'ness Athletic is very much the second prize compared to that scenario.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

...probably also significantly less animosity I would have thought if they had been up front about their true intentions. Not sure how doable that scenario would have been though.

Think it's obvious now that some people didnt grasp that the east region was already in terminal decline in West Lothian terms by the time BUJFC emerged and had zero chance of pyramid entry as an LL feeder so they genuinely thought they could pull a fast one with the player pathway stuff and use the junior legacy to usurp the real Bo'ness United as the main Bo'ness club in interest terms moving forward. Bo'ness Athletic is very much the second prize compared to that scenario.

From what I see they never looked like they ever thought they were going to over take boness utd. They dont seem to be trying to steal fans either.

People always have to complain and have an agenda. These guys just want to get on with it. Newtown park is a community venue it doesnt belong to real boness. So they need to get on with it same as athletic are doing

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They dont seem to be trying to steal fans either.

Went from Linlithgow Thistle playing in another town to Bo'ness United Juniors playing at the same ground as Bo'ness United. Switched both tribute act editions of BU v. Linlithgow Rose to a Friday night to maximise attendance from those drawn in by the name. Specifically selling it as a retun of the derby.

I also remember from some posters on here saying that it might be an opportunity to go to games when Bo'ness United were away.

Stealing might be strong. They absolutely tried to leach some extra benefits off of the established Bo'ness United.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Nothing wrong with Ellon United, they were my local team when I was growing up.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Went from Linlithgow Thistle playing in another town to Bo'ness United Juniors playing at the same ground as Bo'ness United. Switched both tribute act editions of BU v. Linlithgow Rose to a Friday night to maximise attendance from those drawn in by the name. Specifically selling it as a retun of the derby.

I also remember from some posters on here saying that it might be an opportunity to go to games when Bo'ness United were away.

Stealing might be strong. They absolutely tried to leach some extra benefits off of the established Bo'ness United.

Linlithgow Thistle and Linlithgow Rose CFC were derby rivals at amateur. That continued when in Junior, added with the change of name.

The conspiracy theories are becoming obsessive and well past boring now.

Linlithgow Thistle and Linlithgow Rose CFC were derby rivals at amateur. That continued when in Junior, added with the change of name.

I think the so called big Bo'ness team are scared they get shown up on how to run and develop a team.

On 22/05/2021 at 09:25, Specky said:

rather than rely on handouts ?

My understanding

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! 

image.gif

“My understanding” 😄

Usually non-existent or a mile wide of the mark.

Edited by 8MileBU

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you see Linlithgow Rose under "My Team" it's best not to pay any attention to what is being said on any topic related to Bo'ness.

Particularly important to bear in mind when it’s Auld Heid and Specky, two very bitter wee men sharing a brain cell between them. 

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The bold bit is precisely the main issue that’s got folks back’s up. 

The other thing I find incredibly bizarre is the Linlithgow Rose fans on here who seem to have plenty to say and be all ITK with all things Bo’ness Athletic -  It just makes you wonder why they wouldn’t entertain Linlithgow Thistle’s ambitions or bring them on board as part of a community set-up...🤔

Edited by 8MileBU

On 21/04/2017 at 16:24, Moses McNeil said:

Heard from a 100% reliable source that Kelty Hearts have decided to join the pyramid and see how far they can go. Obviously they will be starting at the bottom and are expected to be playing in the East of Scotland League from next season while they go through the licencing process.

Well done to Kelty for joining the SPFL. Who'd have thought that just slightly over 4 years later they'd be playing in the SPFL and the Juniors would be dead. From one small ripple in the pond they ultimately created a tidal wave that washed away an entire league structure and the dinosaurs running it.

6 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Yes because thats definitely what this post about a match moved specifically to benefit off of BU fans thinking of these leeches as a B/Junior team. Know plenty who were fooled by that message and gave money to Linlithgow Thistle. Sad that my cynicism was well placed. Having a 2nd team in Bo'ness is utter madness, even more so as a totally separate organisation attempting to use the same ground. The amount of bad blood that has been born out of the poor actions of those behind Linlithgow Thistle's entry to the EOS could have been totally avoided had they not spent the best part of 2 years speaking barefaced lies to the fans and those who run the actual bo'ness club with 135 years of history. The pathway to development that was hinted would have been an actual positive development for both clubs but sadly it seems LT were far more interested in causing issues.

Lastly your chat about LT staying "above it" is a load of nonsense, their position is indefensible and every argument put forth so far by you and wee rose fans has been countered, they know this and so are staying silent and hoping that this conversation is largely kept to online fan forums like P&B so they can continue duping Bo'ness United fans into believing their leech of a club is something to support as a BU fan