Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

The monks from buckfast abbey have extended working hours to include a nightshift after learning a team from new cumnock have reached the junior cup final.However government official have pleaded with the monks to lower the caffeine amounts,as the residents of said town are already wired to the moon.As there's no bottle refunds customers are asked just to smash finished object on ground as the green glass will add colour to the rest of smashed glass already lying around with the empty special brew cans.On a lighter note will talbot with much larger support recieve the home ends of rugby park and will both stands behind goals be open like when talbot beat clydebank.

My understanding is that glens have the main stand. Talbot the east stand and the two stands (moffat and Chadwick) behind the goals will be closed.
I also hear that the fella that burned the flag is not a Talbot regular and can only be described as a clown. Post was swiftly removed from Facebook and hopefully thats an end to it.
We should be enjoying the two best jnr sides in the country being in an ayrshire final and having good hearted banted as previously stated.
Hope the Glens win but nothing between the sides as far as I can see.
Down to what happens on the day and if Talbot win id have no problem congratulating them.
Just hope to f**k they dont ????

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

The monks from buckfast abbey have extended working hours to include a nightshift after learning a team from new cumnock have reached the junior cup final.However government official have pleaded with the monks to lower the caffeine amounts,as the residents of said town are already wired to the moon.As there's no bottle refunds customers are asked just to smash finished object on ground as the green glass will add colour to the rest of smashed glass already lying around with the empty special brew cans.On a lighter note will talbot with much larger support recieve the home ends of rugby park and will both stands behind goals be open like when talbot beat clydebank.

Glens have main stand, Talbot East stand.  Option to open 1 or both stands behind goals I believe.  

Personally think both sides will fill their allocated 'bigger' side and there will be the requirement for stands behind both goal ends to be opened.  

This is an all Ayrshire tie, a local derby none the less, and a Scottish Junior Cup Final, I think a vast amount of neutrals will be coming along on the day too, and boost the crowd further.

big 3 points at stake first and foremost on a Wednesday against a Troon team who will surely be looking to go out of the league on a high if possible.  We need as big a performance and some quality finishing like we seen on Saturday to put this one to bed!  So it's onto Rob Roy double header with 2 more wins to secure the title.  

I for one am actually not surprised we are battling at this end of table, I had faith in Southy and Potts who were working with the same nucleus of players from last couple of years who all buy into what they want to do on the pitch, and being supported by a small but very committed and hard working committee.  The confidence is there for all to see, the team spirit is fantastic and the support the club has behind them is special.   A lot of folk don't rate Z as a captain, but he keeps the boys on their toes, talks them thro games, has helped turn big Chessy into a solid dependable centre half (considering he was a centre forward rattling in goals for youth teams a few years ago) and has glenafton running thro him.  He'd run through brick walls for this club as would the vast majority of this squad, ally parks commitment and drive for this team is superb, he demands each player to play to their best each and every game, his fight and fitness are frightening.

6 minutes ago, andy25 said:

And his tackling is frightening as well !

Wee blip against you lot, he isn't a dirty player, anything but.  His pace often takes him into those challenges, but 9 times out of 10 he wins it clean & fair.  He's just so committed.  We'd all dream of a team of 11 Ally Parks!

8 minutes ago, andy25 said:

No we wouldn't .

Oh dear.  The boy left and hasn't looked back since, he is playing some cracking football, enjoying it, is adored by the fans and is loving his football here.  I'm talking we would all love a team of players as fit as him, as committed as him, as talented as him, etc etc etc.  The boys a born leader, his demands on other players around him to perform stands him out from others.

Big chessy does look if he's carrying a player in his shorts,he also looks if he's hiding the ba' in his jersey.Anyway back to the football latest,Peter Capaldi just stepped out tardis saying 'f**k me talbots won the cup again.Michael j fox refuses to make anymore back from the future for same reason and nostradamus predicted a team from scotland will win 10 league titles in a row,and assures they dont play their football in Glasgow.

What team is getting what stand (s) for the final at Rugger Park??

could it be more than two stands this year??

Hopefully with the excellent form both teams have been all season and the local rivalry, there will be a bumper crowd in to promote the Junior game.

Archived