Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

13 hours ago, Quantum Leap said:

Actually it could be a game changer as Butch is the best midfielder in the junior game.

Quantum Leap what you been taking?  As it clearly impares your judgement.

Butch doesn't come close to many midfielders we currently have in the juniors.  Even going on just my own teams midfield, Ally Park and Div are head and shoulders above him without a doubt.  

Then there is the centre midfielder for Bonnyrigg Rose that got plenty folks man of match in second leg also by far a much more accomplished player.   And I could go on, but won't as my point is made.  

Butch is past it!  

Talbot cant seem to buy a goal nor a victory right now.  Roll on 4th June.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, LuckyMascot1993 said:

Do you get odds on 1st scorer etc for final? My money on big Dalshy, he's on fire. And he's desperate to get at teams.

Lucky Mascot, no mistaking who you are on here then.  

I do believe you do get odd for scorers in the final, possibly best looking at McBookie.

I would love it to be Big Chessy to score, image the noise in the crowd?  He's due a thunderbolt header going in.  But l would settle for him playing his part in a clean sheet at other end and our strikers doing the business.

Lucky Mascot, no mistaking who you are on here then.  

I'm certainly not hiding behind a very hard to work out name that's for sure. Unlike a lot of very generic names / numbers. Just a personal choice at end of day.
Chessy has got us a few memorable goals over the years, a New Cumnock boy scoring the winner to bag us the cup the response to that on the day would be just undescribable. Infact I'm pretty sure his statue would be erected next to Rabbie's!!

24 minutes ago, LuckyMascot1993 said:

I'm certainly not hiding behind a very hard to work out name that's for sure. Unlike a lot of very generic names / numbers. Just a personal choice at end of day.
Chessy has got us a few memorable goals over the years, a New Cumnock boy scoring the winner to bag us the cup the response to that on the day would be just undescribable. Infact I'm pretty sure his statue would be erected next to Rabbie's!!

Yes personal choice, mines is personal to me though.  Sure you could work out easy enough, if you were so minded.

Chessy, Ally, Darren McGill, Conor Lynass - too many to mention for me.  

Siney has put up his choices of his favoured goals so far this season, and I think it's either 3 or 4 have come against Talbot so heres hoping he has another screamer to add to his list on final day.

7 hours ago, AftonArmy1994 said:

Quantum Leap what you been taking?  As it clearly impares your judgement.

Butch doesn't come close to many midfielders we currently have in the juniors.  Even going on just my own teams midfield, Ally Park and Div are head and shoulders above him without a doubt.  

Then there is the centre midfielder for Bonnyrigg Rose that got plenty folks man of match in second leg also by far a much more accomplished player.   And I could go on, but won't as my point is made.  

Butch is past it!  

Talbot cant seem to buy a goal nor a victory right now.  Roll on 4th June.

This is one of those overly bold posts you sometimes see that have a very high risk of returning to bite the poster on the arse. :lol:

Talbot have been far from great but unless something terrible has happened to his form this season then Butch would walk into any Junior side including the Glens. 

Butch certainly has ability, but to say he's the best midfielder in the junior game, I can't agree there.
Ally possibly didn't get much game time at Talbot but I think if Talbot fans were honest they would take him back in a heartbeat! I personally think if given his chance at Talbot then we wouldn't be so lucky to have him at Glens, coz he would be 1st pick on Tuckers teamsheet each week.

10 hours ago, LuckyMascot1993 said:

Haven't had a read right through this, but seems to have gone a bit off track on recent posts!

Back to topic, get stuck in Glens and bury the memories of 92!

A wee aside, the 1 and only Chris 'safe hands' Kelly is trying to make it along to the final - how he loves tae hate the Talbot!

I'll never forget the night he was getting dogs abuse fae some of the lovely black & gold fans as they walked past back of his goal making an early exit from Loch Park and he turned to them and in his broad Irish accent called them a shower of sh*te; never a truer word spoken.

Do you get odds on 1st scorer etc for final? My money on big Dalshy, he's on fire. And he's desperate to get at teams.

Poor c*nt was shellshocked after the 92 final. We nicknamed him the herring after that due to him being in the back of the net more than your aquatic cousin!

1 minute ago, LuckyMascot1993 said:

Butch certainly has ability, but to say he's the best midfielder in the junior game, I can't agree there.
Ally possibly didn't get much game time at Talbot but I think if Talbot fans were honest they would take him back in a heartbeat! I personally think if given his chance at Talbot then we wouldn't be so lucky to have him at Glens, coz he would be 1st pick on Tuckers teamsheet each week.

Hi Ally. Hi there!

Cmon Ally let it go son [emoji23][emoji23]

I don't think Ally Park or Bryan Young will be too fussed or lose too much sleep over whether they are regarded the best midfielder in junior football. They have both been extremely successful in Junior football over the years and won aplenty.  I think Ally and Bryan are good friends also away from football, not sure though.

Yes i would have ally park back at beechwood,dont think he got proper crack at it myself,all butch needs to say is count my scottish winners medals cant be more proof than that

Finally!!! Someone that talks some sense & isn't just bitter about a boy that left & has done fantastic in taking his chance after walking away fae a club that didn't give him much of a chance to shine!!

Yes i would have ally park back at beechwood,dont think he got proper crack at it myself,all butch needs to say is count my scottish winners medals cant be more proof than that

Ally was a decent player probably has got better at the Glens. It happens

4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Ally was a regular starter the season Pope spent at Ayr. All he proved was he wasn't good enough to be a regular starter

That u got another username on here Alison [emoji4]

Talk sense!! Iv recently joined as I was fed up being asked if I was such & such on here, I'm no hiding behind no username, easy enough to work out who I am fae mine, coz I couldn't care less what people think of my opinions!

Archived