Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

Well here's hoping it's common sense and Ruby Park or Somerset Park is the preferred venue.

Junior football and common sense [emoji848].
Like others on here I'm not a fan of the 4G playing surface.

Best option then is Ayr.

( congrats on today. [emoji6][emoji41]

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Junior football and common sense [emoji848].

Like others on here I'm not a fan of the 4G playing surface.

Best option then is Ayr.

( congrats on today. [emoji6][emoji41]

I agree think Ayr would be ideal. What do we know though eh lol

Ps congrats to yourselves too. God to see an all Ayrshire final.

Judging by the conservatism of the SJFA it will be Rugby Park.

I'm away on my hols so will miss final but think that Somerset would be ideal venue for this game. A near full house will generate a great atmosphere & football should be played on grass not 4G

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

As said on the other thread - as things stand Ayr's last home game is due Saturday coming; the Junior Cup Final is not until the end of the first week in June.

Will it even be available?

Ayr need every penny they can get surely they would make it available

9 minutes ago, glenmuir said:

Ayr need every penny they can get surely they would make it available

Would surely depend if it needs maintained, rested, re-seeded or whatever and the "cost" - financially or in terms of subsequent wear-n-tear - of not doing it.

Their first home game in the League Cup section could be only 5 weeks after the Junior Cup Final. If they play a few home friendlies beforehand you could be talking 3-4 weeks.

Just observing that, in this instance, there might be a legitimate reason why Somerset wouldn't work.

Totally aside from that - given how ramshackle Somerset Park is in comparison, I'd be a bit surprised if SJFA plump for it when Rugby Park is up the road and has been used the last 3yrs, including finals involving Glenafton and Auchinleck.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Would surely depend if it needs maintained, rested, re-seeded or whatever and the "cost" - financially or in terms of subsequent wear-n-tear - of not doing it.

Their first home game in the League Cup section could be only 5 weeks after the Junior Cup Final. If they play a few home friendlies beforehand you could be talking 3-4 weeks.

Just observing that, in this instance, there might be a legitimate reason why Somerset wouldn't work.

Totally aside from that - given how ramshackle Somerset Park is in comparison, I'd be a bit surprised if SJFA plump for it when Rugby Park is up the road and has been used the last 3yrs, including finals involving Glenafton and Auchinleck.

You really are a hopeless romantic. 

Talbot seem to have the knack of getting the job done when it matters, although it's too close to call. If the final is to be played at Rugby Park, I'm sure Cumnock would allow both teams the use of our Townhead facilities 'free gratis' as we are all absolutely delighted and overcome with emulsion that you both reached the final. [emoji174]

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sadly, Rugby Park is also showing signs of neglect and lack of investment.
Somerset would have a better atmosphere.
And hey, how about Meadow Park - how many does that hold?

Biggest crowd I've seen at Meadow Park was 2700 but it would be a logistical nightmare if there was a crowd of over 4000

Quite sure there will be a crowd of 5 to 6 thousand .

Archived