Hibs v Raith

17 minutes ago, King_Of_Kings said:

I can still watch home games on Hibs TV. You need an international subscription. Use Google Chrome and install the Hola extension. Open the Hola icon in the top right and select United States then open up Hibs TV and login and it works. Handy for when I can't get down to the game.

I thought it would be impossible to stop completely.  It's not on Sportsnation mind. 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Typical we help Hibs win the league in recent weeks and they repay us by playing the reserves v Raith emoji25.png.

Raiths away record is appalling but il be sticking an insurance bet on them.

St Mirren and Raith (and the Hibeesons) will all stay up regardless.  Pump some mob in the playoffs and earn some extra gate money.  Don't see the issue. 

St Mirren and Raith (and the Hibeesons) will all stay up regardless.  Pump some mob in the playoffs and earn some extra gate money.  Don't see the issue. 

You weren't reffing our game against United were you? [emoji14].

Pretty sure the SPFL take most of the gate receipts.

Could just do without the extra stress tbh.

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

You weren't reffing our game against United were you? emoji14.png.

Pretty sure the SPFL take most of the gate receipts.

Could just do without the extra stress tbh.

Fair point.  We will relegate Ayr on Saturday and then you never know the following week.  I'm sure over two legs you boys would horse Alloa regardless. 

1 hour ago, Bambino7 said:

Fair point.  We will relegate Ayr on Saturday and then you never know the following week.  I'm sure over two legs you boys would horse Alloa regardless. 

I'm happy to be quoted on the fact that the playoffs don't worry me in the slightest. But it'd be nice to get at least 9th place sewn up.

So let me understand ,Hibs needed emergency loans as there were no players available to provide cover.

Fast forward 3 months and the same players who weren't good enough have improved so much some will play tonight against Raith 

I smell Shite 

4 minutes ago, Young gun said:

So let me understand ,Hibs needed emergency loans as there were no players available to provide cover.

Fast forward 3 months and the same players who weren't good enough have improved so much some will play tonight against Raith 

I smell Shite 

They didn't need emergency loans, they merely took advantage of a system that every club has access to. The 'Emergency' part really should be replaced by 'short-term' or something similar.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

They didn't need emergency loans, they merely took advantage of a system that every club has access to. The 'Emergency' part really should be replaced by 'short-term' or something similar.

Integrity is at risk though

Emergency loans for clubs who can afford it.

Sorry I will say there is no integrity at all

Just now, Young gun said:

That's really the same as football in general though. Hibs can sign Kris Commons, our two clubs couldn't. St Mirren can sign Stephen McGinn, Dumbarton couldn't. Dumbarton can sign Sam Stanton, someone like Brechin couldn't. Brechin can sign, aye, you get it.

Once Hibs are gone then, perhaps with the exception of Dundee Utd, we should have a fairly level playing field for the f/t sides. St Mirren/Dunfermline/Falkirk etc are all a similar size and, I'd imagine, will pay similar amounts. Same for QOTS, Morton and Raith.

15 minutes ago, Young gun said:

I smell Shite 

We had ONE centre half available!! The rest were injured or out on loan, including the two dev team CH's.  One of them has recovered and will most likely play tonight as will Efe (so I've heard anyway).  If it was St Mirren in that position, with relegation at stake, would you play a youngster who isn't even in the dev team or bring in an emergency loan?

Same for QOTS, Morton and Raith.

I wouldn't have thought that was the case after the rumour that Dobbies on 2grand a week at QotS was going about 6 months ago. Then the rumour started a few weeks ago that Skacel's on near that as well. Hope both are way out though as I can't imagine either club can justify paying any player that. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Young gun said:

I smell Shite 

What you on about?  We don't need to provide any information for emergency loan signings.  Emergency Loan = outside the window. 

It's zero to do with providing cover or anything and any team could do similar. 

8 minutes ago, Young gun said:

All loans are for clubs that can afford them.  What the feck has it got to do with integrity? 

6 minutes ago, LeeHFC said:

We had ONE centre half available!! The rest were injured or out on loan, including the two dev team CH's.  One of them has recovered and will most likely play tonight as will Efe (so I've heard anyway).  If it was St Mirren in that position, with relegation at stake, would you play a youngster who isn't even in the dev team or bring in an emergency loan?

We don't even need to explain why an "emergency" signing is required though.  One of them is available to any side at any time within a period of time. 

Just now, Bambino7 said:

We don't even need to explain why an "emergency" signing is required though.  One of them is available to any side at any time within a period of time. 

I know but it still does my head in when people go on about it.  We're expected to play with one CH because we have more money than most teams in this league!? Bizarre! 

4 minutes ago, LeeHFC said:

I know but it still does my head in when people go on about it.  We're expected to play with one CH because we have more money than most teams in this league!? Bizarre! 

I wouldn't let it get to you.  It's the same kind of ignorant people who still call the prem the SPL :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Sporting integrity seems to have hit a nerve:whistle

I have no issues with our sporting integrity,  we brought in an emergency loan, just the same as QoS, Morton and Raith.  Just find it odd that fans of other teams are so interested in our recruitment 

47 minutes ago, Young gun said:

I smell Shite 

35 minutes ago, Young gun said:

20 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Sporting integrity seems to have hit a nerve:whistle

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Young gun said:

Why do you even care? Like you are near the top of the league...

Archived