Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

58 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Celebrations in Labour circles the length and breadth of the UK at today's news. It's like they believe winning every Scottish seat is now a realistic target.

Are any SNP voters on here seriously thinking about switching to Labour at the next election? 

Yep, they're already talking about getting a huge number of seats at the next General Election in Scotland (up from 1 😂) but them being totally bereft of policy ideas, pathetic showings at FMQs, and hoping people will flock to them because, well, new SNP leader, is taking optimism and hope to whole new levels. 

Absolutely no way would I consider voting Labour.

3 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

😂

She failed to make a coherent economic case of why you would want to vote for an independent Scotland

or even spent any time trying to 

Ignored setting up a Scottish national energy company,  just watched as our renewable wealth being sold from beneath us

Never even really talked about it 

Also, I am sure that plenty of those roasters identify as working-class. There is probably a fair amount of them who don't have an awful lot, and have really been feeling the pinch lately. I just don't understand, after everything that has happened recently, how they can justify to themselves being that invested in the British state. 

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Also, I am sure that plenty of those roasters identify as working-class. There is probably a fair amount of them who don't have an awful lot, and have really been feeling the pinch lately. I just don't understand, after everything that has happened recently, how they can justify to themselves being that invested in the British state. 

Cos Rangers

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Lord Mackay of Clashfern the son of a railway worker in Sutherland rose to be the Lord Advocate of Scotland and one of the senior law officers in the UK, a briliant mathematic and physics mind he was a lifelong member and elder of the Free Church, he attended the catholic funerals of two colleagues which resulted in him being dismissed form the Church. 

That is the type of discipline that the Free Church maintains.

Mackay's Wiki is worth a read to fully see his achievements from a humble beginning.

Nope, that was the Free Presbyterian Church which split from the Free Kirk a century ago. It's much smaller and, yes, very silly. But it's nowt to do with Kate Forbes.

Get your facts right, old boy.

34 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

You are applying political logic to a situation of bigoted ignorance.  In many respects they are the kin of their brethren across the water and the rabid Brexiteers down south - they have absolutely no ideology or principles save for hatred and fear of 'thae b*****ds', be that Scottish nationalists/ism, the EU and/or migrants and refugees.  But like the Boers and the Bourbons and the Ulster Unionists they are destined to become ever more marginalised by the passage of time, only they are too thick to realise it.

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

We’ll look back on this in a few years and remember that the leader of the country resigned partially due to trans rights controversy and all normal people will think how absolutely insane that is. Just like gay rights, minorities and women’s etc. 

She didn't,  she was treading water and not going anywhere and she knew it

Didn't want blackforded so leave at a time of your own choosing and say spend more time with family