Worst player/team of the season

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Hardie's easily been our best attacking player despite what Yogi has been saying in his interviews about him.

Against Hibs last week, he was on the bench, he came on in the 84th minute and then scored an excellent solo goal in the 85th minute.

Back in March in our 2-0 home win over St Mirren. Hardie was on the bench, came on in the 70th minute or thereabouts when it was still 0-0 and went on to score both goals.

He's the first name Rovers fans want to see on the team sheet yet he never is and that's down to Yogi taking a disliking to him for some strange reason. He's our top goal scorer despite only arriving in January.

I think he was our top goal scorer too. when he left. 

But he looked totally disinterested and never tried his arse. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Hardie and Shankland have talent but a terrible attitude. Hardie only plays for himself and Shankland doesn't work nearly hard enough. Ross quickly realised that he did not have the time for long counselling sessions for guys that were so disinterested and did the right thing and punted the pair of them.

Haven't been to many games so,

Worst home team, Dumbarton first game. Defense was all over the shop.
Worst home player... Andy Webster in the 4-3 game.

Worst away, the 2 nil defeat at Starks. Pick any player from that day, abysmal performance. I'm picking Reilly though, wee Shite c**t.

Worst player at home: Skacel looked like an absolute mess when Raith visited a few weeks ago. He's done.

Worst team at home: I wasn't at the game, but Dumbarton were, by all accounts, the poorest side to visit East End this season. The defending at 3 of Nicky Clark's goals were particularly shit.

Worst player away: I think I've seen us win once away from home this season (0-2 vs Dumbarton) so I'm afraid it's going to be Gregor Buchanan, purely for missing from 3 yards out when all he had to do was knock it either side of Sean Murdoch, and still missed.

Worst team away: Dumbarton in the aforementioned win a couple of weeks ago. They looked pretty poor tbh, during the whole 90 minutes looked as though they had no game plan.

Sorry, Sons fans. :(

Worst home team: I'll echo most of my fellow fans and say Dundee Utd. In the first meeting they actually started fairly positively and it wasn't til they picked up a few injuries that they started playing for time and we won it late. However, the second game was a completely gutless performance where they didn't even manage a shot on target, so I'll go with that.

Worst home player: Toshney. Admittedly he was playing out of position at centre half in the second game, but we was absolute pony both times.

Worst away team: I don't have a huge number of aways to pick from, so I'll go for Ayr in 4-1 based on the highlights. Comical defending for all 4 goals and we could have scored a few more :lol:

Worst away player: Hutton in the 1-1 away to St Mirren. What a terrible footballer.

. Thomson was a diddy at Dunfermline and did nothing at Alloa. Stirling was pretty ropey for Stenny, and a flop at Dunfermline. Buchanan captained a woeful Dunfermline team in L1, Falkirk fans hated Smith (well, some did certainly...) and St Mirren fans weren't too keen on Carswell.
We've got a big rebuilding job over the summer, but he's always a player I've been keen on.

This is a healthy load of bollocks, in most of the cases you've missed out the times where the players mentioned played very, very well for their club, I can only presume it's to make Aitken look artificially better?

Thomson wasn't a total diddy at Dunfermline, he wasn't fantastic but he was alright, you've missed out the two seasons? Where he totally excelled at Brechin and importantly he filled out allot in his time there, by the end of last season it was accepted by the majority that he was one of the best strikers in the league.

Stirling was a flop at Dunfermline due to a rumoured poor attitude, you're completely missing out his spells at Stranraer though? The team you signed him from? The one where he was getting plenty recognition and awards in his last season as the best player at Stranraer when you signed him?

I'm not even sure if Buchanan was our captain, I'm pretty sure Falkingham and Geggan would've been above him in that regard, he was also a very good player for us and an extremely good at Airdrie.

Pretty sure Buchanan captained us a few times in 2014/15. Although we'd have been as well having Sammy the fucking Tammy pulling on the armband that season.

54 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

This is a healthy load of bollocks, in most of the cases you've missed out the times where the players mentioned played very, very well for their club, I can only presume it's to make Aitken look artificially better?

Thomson wasn't a total diddy at Dunfermline, he wasn't fantastic but he was alright, you've missed out the two seasons? Where he totally excelled at Brechin and importantly he filled out allot in his time there, by the end of last season it was accepted by the majority that he was one of the best strikers in the league.

Stirling was a flop at Dunfermline due to a rumoured poor attitude, you're completely missing out his spells at Stranraer though? The team you signed him from? The one where he was getting plenty recognition and awards in his last season as the best player at Stranraer when you signed him?

I'm not even sure if Buchanan was our captain, I'm pretty sure Falkingham and Geggan would've been above him in that regard, he was also a very good player for us and an extremely good at Airdrie.

I'm more trying to exemplify the fact that players can be totally hopeless at some clubs, and excellent at others. I'm no Aitken fanboy, but he seems to be great at getting the most out of players who have hardly pulled up trees elsewhere.

I remember reading a load of comments from Pars fans at the start of the season along the lines of 'Good to see Thomson's still a diddy'. I agreed right up until February too, when he suddenly became a totally different player. The fact he was excellent at Brechin is neither here nor there, it doesn't mean he'd be excellent at us - just as there are plenty of players who will stroll league 1, yet can't deal with the step up. We had Kevin Cawley last season for example, a guy who looked really handy at this level with Alloa, yet was totally anonymous for us.

Stirling has signed for Aitken 3 times, and played the best football of his career during those spells under him and Reid last year. He actually rejoined Stranraer to play under Aitken, a week prior to Aitken joining us. That was after not getting near a pretty woeful Dunfermline team, for whatever reason, and being shipped out on loan to Stirling Albion. An attitude issue wouldn't shock me, but Aitken seems to be good working with guys like that. In fact it's very rare to hear a player say a bad word about working with him.

Pars fans weren't exactly tearing up when they let Buchanan go, nor were there many 'got yourself a top player' comments when he joined us. In fact I remember being told that he's a total bombscare if he's not paired up with a natural leader. I've no idea if he captained you lot full-time (I'll assume not by your comment), but I do remember reading - in our programme iirc - that he captained the club. That season was a total disaster though, which is actually what I said, and so it was more of a general comment. 

Whoever we sign it's likely to be a risk. There aren't too many proven goalscorers at this level, and the few that there are, are sure as heck to sign for a bigger team than us. That's why I wouldn't be averse to seeing us go for Shankland in the summer, despite him having an atrocious time with both St Mirren and Morton. 

So aye, that last paragraph could've saved me a lot of typing.

Didn't Thomson score the majority of his goals, and turn in his most impressive performances in his last 6 months with Brechin? That's certainly what we were led to believe.

To suggest he "excelled" for 2 seasons there would probably be wide of the mark based on the reports we received when we signed him.

He was fairly hopeless for us up until Aitken switched him from a lone striker role to left wing. For that, and his recent form, he deserves some credit.

Worst player at home: Skacel looked like an absolute mess when Raith visited a few weeks ago. He's done.

Worst team at home: I wasn't at the game, but Dumbarton were, by all accounts, the poorest side to visit East End this season. The defending at 3 of Nicky Clark's goals were particularly shit.

Worst player away: I think I've seen us win once away from home this season (0-2 vs Dumbarton) so I'm afraid it's going to be Gregor Buchanan, purely for missing from 3 yards out when all he had to do was knock it either side of Sean Murdoch, and still missed.

Worst team away: Dumbarton in the aforementioned win a couple of weeks ago. They looked pretty poor tbh, during the whole 90 minutes looked as though they had no game plan.

Sorry, Sons fans. [emoji20]

Understandable, we have been honking against Dunfermline this season. It would probably have been easier for us to forfeit the games because we didn't turn up anyway.

Home

Hippolyte and Falkirk. A team that resorts to blatant cheating is worse than one unable to defend or score goals.

Away

Hippolyte and Falkirk. Still were cheats wherever they play.

[emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Haven't been to many games so,

Worst home team, Dumbarton first game. Defense was all over the shop.
Worst home player... Andy Webster in the 4-3 game.

Worst away, the 2 nil defeat at Starks. Pick any player from that day, abysmal performance. I'm picking Reilly though, wee Shite c**t.

No argument on that one, but in our defence (or more accurately, lack of one) we had Craig Pettigrew at right back and a barely ambulatory Frazer Wright playing through injury, because there was no other alternative at centre back. It was also our left back Daniel Harvie's first appearance for us on loan from Aberdeen and although he looked a bit out of his depth, he settled in quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins our Young Player Of The Year Award.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Home

Hippolyte and Falkirk. A team that resorts to blatant cheating is worse than one unable to defend or score goals.

Away

Hippolyte and Falkirk. Still were cheats wherever they play.

nintchdbpict000318663870.jpg?strip=all&w

On 2017-4-28 at 20:33, Stu said:

Ayr were utterly hopeless when we beat them 6-2 a few weeks back. Chucked it after the third.

The boy Queens have signed from East Fife was pish when we won 2-0. Probably still has nightmares about Lewis Morgan.

Only been to the games at Palmerston and the cup final so not really fair to choose a pish team. Worst player at home that sticks out is Kyle Hutton...

Can I change my answer to Raith please? Ayr at least managed a few shots and goals. Our goalie could have gone to the airport to watch the planes on Saturday and it would not have affected the scoreline.

Tempted to say M'voto as the worst opposition player mainly because I'd heard he was half decent.

Can only presume anyone not having us worst from the other 9 clubs simply don't accept us as a football club, you may have a point. 

32 minutes ago, Stu said:

Can I change my answer to Raith please? Ayr at least managed a few shots and goals. Our goalie could have gone to the airport to watch the planes on Saturday and it would not have affected the scoreline.

Tempted to say M'voto as the worst opposition player mainly because I'd heard he was half decent.

He is decent against teams that lob constant high balls at him. Against teams with pace who keep the ball on the deck he is a joke.

Archived