Stirling v Arbroath

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing like sticking it up to your former club's fans when they have slagged you off. Funnily enough he has been slagged off by a small number of Arbroath fans so is probably sticking it to them too!

Surprised he hasn't offered them a square go at gayfield.

12 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

What a day. Absolutely fantastic to be able to have been involved in the celebrations. Great to be a part of it all. Concluded the day with a fish supper at Arbroath harbour followed by popping into Tutties.

Time for the long haul home.

Mon you f***ing Lichties.

Hope you made it home safely and well done for making the trip. I spoke to a fellow Lichtie who spoke to you when you were getting your fish supper. Have to say that is some commitment to do that round trip in a day, so fair play to you and am glad your trip was worthwhile. 

A good first half from the Lichties with Bobby Linn giving a vintage performance. Stirling looked tricky on the break but bombscare at the back. It should have been 2 at halftime. Second half the nerves set in and Albion looked the more composed and could easily have won it.

Yet again Dick Campbell's team had enough quality to see us through. The season's key players, Linn, Doris, Little and Hamilton were excellent, but the whole squad have played their parts in a resounding championship season.

44 minutes ago, WT Figo said:

Hope you made it home safely and well done for making the trip. I spoke to a fellow Lichtie who spoke to you when you were getting your fish supper. Have to say that is some commitment to do that round trip in a day, so fair play to you and am glad your trip was worthwhile. 

Aye, made it home safe thanks. 

Awww man the nail biting that went on towards the end yesterday..... only to hear that annan had went 4-2 up in the 89th minute or something.

INCREDIBLE.

What a day. Slightly burnt and away out back on it.

Get in. ONE DICK CAMPBELL!!!

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Colin Hamilton and you?

Stevie D and my good self ;)

I think this season overall has to be one of my favourites in terms of the away games - for us to now be 15 games unbeaten away from home is outstanding, and a lot of them have been great days out also.

Stevie D and my good self [emoji6]
I think this season overall has to be one of my favourites in terms of the away games - for us to now be 15 games unbeaten away from home is outstanding, and a lot of them have been great days out also.

Mind I telt you wayyyyyy back we'd win the league

And you said I highly doubt it

Then went into a big rant about everything

;)

Enjoy today pal

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mind I telt you wayyyyyy back we'd win the league

And you said I highly doubt it

Then went into a big rant about everything

;)

Enjoy today pal

That doesn't sound like me at all, I never go on rants.... ;) 

That doesn't sound like me at all, I never go on rants.... [emoji6] 

Dick Campbell lad.

#TapBoi #TapLambriniBoi

Experience and being a good good good c**t means so much sometimes

When Lumsden was manager I've several posts saying we should go get DC, we did.. and.....

CHAMPIONEEEES CHAMPIONEEES OHWAYOHWAYOHWAY

I'm still coming to terms with this achievement. Having followed Arbroath for half a century, my expectation levels have been greatly reduced over the years. Even the unlikely final overtaking of stuttering Forfar seemed to set the stage for a final disappointment - since AFC often seem to let down the support when we're up for the occasion. Have we played an ineligible player? Has the team passed all necessary drugs testing? are among the lingering doubts. If it is all a dream, then I,m looking forward to European qualification thus coming season

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Forthbank would be such a a class ground if they had terracing similar to ours behind both goals.

Would be great if they just opened the terracing behind the goal that they have already! Mentioned this to the club a few times. When it was full for the Rangers matches it looked fucking awesome.

Anyway, belated congrats to Arbroath. Forfar may have imploded but you are deserved champions. 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Would be great if they just opened the terracing behind the goal that they have already! Mentioned this to the club a few times. When it was full for the Rangers matches it looked fucking awesome. 

Problem is why open the terraces if the crowd is around the 600 mark when the West stand can seat around 1300, makes sense to keep them shut unless one of the bigger teams comes to Forthbank then open them up. Simple financial sense imo.

10 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

How much can it cost to have an area open that's already built and available?

Depends on what sort of crowd is expected in the case of the Arbroath game with the number of Arbroath supporters its a no brainer the East Stand had to be opened and the revenue from the gate more than paid for the extra stewards, Police etc needed.

For most League 2 games at Forthbank their is no need to open other stands apart from the West Stand which can hold around 1300. Only time this year the East Stand has been open is for the visit of Clyde where the numbers involved and segregation issues meant it was advisable to open it.

No way should the club open another stand for 50 or 60 fans given the extra costs when their is plenty of space in the West Stand to hold them.

Archived