CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

I'm willing to give Chapman another transfer window. Let's see what the team does until Jan. Hopefully he will have us progressing in the right way and still in touch of the play off places. Make a few changes if possible in Jan and secures our play off place. I'm not going to say we will go up this season but we have to be in the play offs. Unlike the chairman who would not be drawn into targets for the manager, me as a fan expects this a minimum. I would say if the manager doesn't achieve this as a minimum then something has to change.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Id still have BF before this on show but he was hounded out too early,

Too early?

118 matches
39% win rate.
He took over a promotion playoff quality squad and left a team in severe relegation trouble.

The football we played under Ferguson was awful to watch. I don't think any of his signings became better players under his tenure. To say anything else is pure revisionism.

I can't fault Ferguson's effort but even he agrees that he should have gone earlier.

If you think Ferguson was judged too soon after 118 matches, why then should we judge Chapman after less than 10?

Id still have BF before this on show but he was hounded out too early,Brought finance and hope but Didnt work i agree but like any signing negativity ouzing from day1..

Personally id rather have hope n fail than have no hope-Now...

BF would have worked wae a coach at this level. Now were left one without other and its fuckin dire...

The jobs fucked

Hounded out to early [emoji23] are you for real?

He was too arrogant to work with a coach to support him. Wanted to call all the shots and had us heading at breakneck speed to the lowland league but judged too soon [emoji23]

His 'finance' may have brought a better calibre of player but most were shown up to be gutless charlatans when it came to sleeves rolled up time.

Chapman may not have the big name or pulling power of BF but he sure as f**k knows what he is doing much better than that clown.

BF wasnt wanted by many people from day 1. In re to hounded out comment. Its a fact. Many again who prob didnt want him obv decided not to read the full sentence but again thats not a suprise...

BF 1st season was best football ive saw us play perhaps without enough goals scored and we passed teams to death and with a DGW it could have been lethal, QP at broomfield,Turiff away just a few that spring to mind...

BF failed but brought hope at 1st. Thats all

Don't think he was hounded out .he said on radio he should have left after play off final as he had a couple of job offers He then stated he should have left at Xmas last season , so obvious he had enough . He didn't have a bad word about the club no excuses and credit to him for that. When I said would rather have Ferguson than present manager it's more the ethos behind it Chapman is a steady Eddie Annan flirted with mid table getting into the play offs now and again . That's what we are looking at for the next two years , people will tell me that's realistic. At least with a Ferguson type you have a good of going up it up the club profile and shows an intent and some ambition

At the end of this season it's almost 10 years since he got a team promoted. But he will probably ensure we finish somewhere between 4 th and 7 th

All about opinions

I think Barry was always a risk with not much experience and knowledge.. I think he took the job on too soon and didn't need really know what he was doing I've always said he should have have an experienced guy in with him to help out but he wanted to be his own man.. last seasons squad on paper is without a doubt the strongest team we've ever had in this league and we nearly got relegated so he's just not a manager, I did like Barry he did being something professional to the club but it just sadly didn't work out. 

Now i I think the board have decided we spend a fortune last season to nearly go down don't want to make a similar mistake again get a manager that can get us a solid mid table side to keep safe then maybe we can try and bring in someone more ambitious in 2 seasons 

BF should have been sacked after insulting fans who travelled to formartine gate any inexperienced manager should be one of our own not ex old firm in mistaken belief he will put bums on seats lf this was true then the missing Clyde fans are all watching jack Ross stmirren and nobody believes that. suspect Barry probably duped the board into believing he would also play anyway he's gone now Chapman should be given time I'm not ready to write him o

18 hours ago, cfcuk said:

All about opinions

You developin a catchphrase or somethin mate?? :lol:

With BF, I said at the time he was appointed, with any first time manager it usually goes really well or really badly, rarely much middle ground

When he first arrived there was an experienced guy with him - can't remember his name - which I thought added a bit of insurance, but when he left after only a few weeks of pre-season I remember thinking that made it riskier

There were warning signs all over the place early on, the number of players he was going through was ridiculous. That put into question his ability to spot a player or even what his actual playing strategy was, what kind of players was he looking for to play which kind of system

He certainly helped bring a slightly better quality one way or another to the club last season but didn't know what to do with them when they arrived. He admitted he wasn't really ready for it just after he resigned, so fair enough, it's done now. 

Can talk about this or that manager / player all day long, we are where we are because the club's been run into the ground and the new chairman has said absolutely nothing different to the Board's line for the past few years. There again, what organisation appoints someone whose views are radically different to their own? David W's post a few days back was spot on, certainly in terms of contradictory messages leaving / staying. It's amateurish and embarrassing, but a result of people who have literally no idea what to do, so treading water and trying to have their cake and eat it

As another poster said, until they commit long term to an option, they can't rebuild the club, so round and round they go. 

Its all very well the club putting the onus on the support yet again.... they need to do this, they need to do that, they need to get back to the games.....but this isn't a 2 or 3 year dip in form which we've all experienced from time to time, this is 10 years and counting. So before they start with their usual M.O., tell the support, what the f**k are YOU doing?  What long term plan are you asking us all to buy into?  You honestly think after over a decade of this bollocks you'll get fans flocking back with empty rhetoric and zero vision? You seriously think that "maybe we'll sneak into the promotion playoffs of a dire dire league" is going to cut it?

"Just accept this is our lot now, lower expectations". Lower expectations? This is Clyde FC youre talkin about, lucky you've no been lowered off a Shawfield floodlight

All about opinions though (™CFCUK) 8)

You developin a catchphrase or somethin mate?? [emoji38]
With BF, I said at the time he was appointed, with any first time manager it usually goes really well or really badly, rarely much middle ground
When he first arrived there was an experienced guy with him - can't remember his name - which I thought added a bit of insurance, but when he left after only a few weeks of pre-season I remember thinking that made it riskier
There were warning signs all over the place early on, the number of players he was going through was ridiculous. That put into question his ability to spot a player or even what his actual playing strategy was, what kind of players was he looking for to play which kind of system
He certainly helped bring a slightly better quality one way or another to the club last season but didn't know what to do with them when they arrived. He admitted he wasn't really ready for it just after he resigned, so fair enough, it's done now. 
Can talk about this or that manager / player all day long, we are where we are because the club's been run into the ground and the new chairman has said absolutely nothing different to the Board's line for the past few years. There again, what organisation appoints someone whose views are radically different to their own? David W's post a few days back was spot on, certainly in terms of contradictory messages leaving / staying. It's amateurish and embarrassing, but a result of people who have literally no idea what to do, so treading water and trying to have their cake and eat it
As another poster said, until they commit long term to an option, they can't rebuild the club, so round and round they go. 
Its all very well the club putting the onus on the support yet again.... they need to do this, they need to do that, they need to get back to the games.....but this isn't a 2 or 3 year dip in form which we've all experienced from time to time, this is 10 years and counting. So before they start with their usual M.O., tell the support, what the f**k are YOU doing?  What long term plan are you asking us all to buy into?  You honestly think after over a decade of this bollocks you'll get fans flocking back with empty rhetoric and zero vision? You seriously think that "maybe we'll sneak into the promotion playoffs of a dire dire league" is going to cut it?
"Just accept this is our lot now, lower expectations". Lower expectations? This is Clyde FC youre talkin about, lucky you've no been lowered off a Shawfield floodlight
All about opinions though ([emoji769]CFCUK) 8)

Maybe I can charge for the tm all about opinions put it to the players funds [emoji6]

Apparently Ian Black is training with us as he's lookin for a new team, 32 years of age could do a job in our league no problem

Never liked him but exactly what we need in the middle of the park. Surprised no interest from further up the league system, get him signed asap if true.

1 hour ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

Apparently Ian Black is training with us as he's lookin for a new team, 32 years of age could do a job in our league no problem

The Sun and Scotsman - today - say he's training with Salford City. Who are, as it happens, a full-time team. In the newspaper articles, Black says the offers he's been made are pitched at a lower level than what he'd consider.

I think it's safe to assume we won't be seeing him at Clyde any time soon. However, he's a name that I brought up much earlier on in this thread. And, as other have remarked, is precisely the sort of player our midfield needs.

Archived