CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least Lamont's left sided. I'd have been chucking it if we'd signed a player for the right while Burbridge warms the bench.

A backup keeper wouldn't have been a priority of mine. However, Crawford and this EduSport lad aren't adequate cover.

Still needin' more experience though. Centre back. Centre mid. Dae it.

Lamont not left footed very much right footed who played right wing v St Johnstone u20 the other night.

Nicol's a good player, but PJ just lacked ability - full of heart and honesty. If his team mates last year who played circa 30 games showed his effort and desire, we would have been much better off.

You've summed up Johnston and his former team mates perfectly.

Happy with Munro. Every time I've saw he's looked solid. Certainly an improvement on what we've got.

Did he play against us at Broadwood last season?
I wasn't that impressed by their defenders in those games if I recall correctly.

9 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Did he play against us at Broadwood last season?
I wasn't that impressed by their defenders in those games if I recall correctly.

Only the first game. Played for Arbroath the year before a couple of times.

16 goals conceded in the 7 games he played against Annan. I can see why Chapman was impressed.

If currie is as good as we are told he is why do we need another goalkeeper ? Crawford can come in if he is injured apparently he is coming in as competition for currie an under 20 goalkeeper remember
If the thistle boy is a central midfield and can create then great , if he is a right winger then why sign him burbridge has done well
The centre half well as has been said he has to be an improvement on what we have

All in all the centre half seems an area we needed to strengthen
The other two ?

Only the first game. Played for Arbroath the year before a couple of times.
16 goals conceded in the 7 games he played against Annan. I can see why Chapman was impressed.

Didn't play much for Forfar.

He's just old school as f**k, kick and heeder anything in sight. Decent L2 defender if he plays alongside a ball playing centre half imo.

He's just old school as f**k, kick and heeder anything in sight. Decent L2 defender if he plays alongside a ball playing centre half imo.

Don't need much more than that in L2 and if he can boot the ball up the park then he will fit in perfectly with Chapman's total football

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Which is what we've been asking for, but now we've signed one, it won't be enough 

Played 2nd tier Juniors last season because he's rubbish.

It was actually to do with him wanting to start enjoying his football again and getting more regular football after years of injury hit seasons.

But yeah, what you said eh... Johnston is great but plays junior level, Nicoll is pish but plays senior level. Sound logic.

Played 2nd tier Juniors last season because he's rubbish.

When people go to the juniors they've basically given up putting any sort of effort in to their football and just want to play somewhere they're comfortable and can enjoy it.

After a shite few seasons in the seniors it's understandable why he might've wanted that wee break.

Basically the equivalent of a guy playing junior and no enjoying it so fannying about in the pub leagues with his pals on a Sunday for a season as a wee break and to enjoy his football again.

Archived