CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Hearing Berwick missed a penalty last night?

Stenny & Stirling will pick up the required points to make the playoffs. What a 2nd half of the season we've had though & all looking very positive for next season!

Quite miraculous that we even have a slight chance of playoffs this late on in the season.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We will just do enough. I would rather get out of this league this season as I reckon Clyde will be the team to beat next season once Lennon gets his claws in over the pre-season.
Similar things have been said about Clyde in this division for the last twenty years right enough.

Mmmm. Twenty years? Nope.

Results haven't went our way the last few weeks. We lost at Cowdenbeath while Stenny thumped Edinburgh 4-1. Then a last minute winner for Stenny against Annan. Berwick missing a penalty on Tuesday night.

Its been a valiant effort considering where we were when Lennon took over. Stenny losing to Montrose coupled with us beating Edinburgh would heap the pressure on Stenny. Think Stenny will just make it though.

Far too much for this level of football. 
More than an eleven percent increase for my season ticket from last season.

I'll still pay it though as will most fans and the board know it.

Let's hope we see the benefit of it with better players and a league championship next season

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

The irony of course being that the last six home games have been more than 11% better than the first 12! 

Two camps with this; those who will pay regardless to give the club a financial head start (which is admirable) and those who will wait and see. At the moment we know we've got racist substitute Ally Love, currently injured Tom Lang and out of his depth Aaron Miller signed up, with Goodwillie widely assumed to be going. The only tangible incentive just now is Lennon/Moore and I'm not sure that's worth a bigger outlay on its own at this stage.

Whilst I don't foresee a repeat of last summer where we kept the same prices, yet binned good players like McGovern, Linton and Easton only to replace them with duds from the juniors/amateurs/Rangers supporters clubs (I assume that's where Bradley came from), I think I'll still hold off a bit to see if the price hike comes with a summer of ambition. 

£14 walk-up seems a bit over-priced. In saying that, I suppose they can argue our stadium is better than most of the rest of the league. It's the same price as Peterhead charge this season to sit in their stand, £1 more than Stirling who I'd compare us with closest in this division. If we're not up the top of the league it'll be a big mistake though.

Increase in season ticket per game is £1.26 hardy an income busting increase, and a pound increase in walk up that's 18 pound over a season again hardly an amount that's going to bankrupt you. Again all about choice if you don't want to pay the increases simply miss two games this season and you will be up on the deal from last year
Or miss one away game and you really are quids in

Just one thing how do people expect the club to progress without a bit of extra money?

Let's hope we see the benefit of it with better players and a league championship next season

Maybe you could ask the club to spread the increase over the season I know £1.26 per game is absolutely ridiculous
It's surely pricing fans out the game

9 hours ago, haufdaft said:

What is the need for such an increase?

Have we over spent on the players signed in January and looking to recoup or do they think the circa £3k collected early will enhance next season's squad?

What is the need for such an increase?
Have we over spent on the players signed in January and looking to recoup or do they think the circa £3k collected early will enhance next season's squad?

Maybe contact your local MSP ask him or her to raise it at the Scottish parliament it's an utter outrage imagine putting £1.26 on to each game. It's quite clear the club are trying to attract the prawn sandwich brigade and are pricing out normal fans

Archived