CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Charlie said:

Got this horrible feeling we'll draw Albion Rovers in the Scottish cup and Higgins will get the winner. 

I think we're playing them in a friendly at Cliftonhill. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just witnessed Scott Ferguson getting into his car on George Square and setting off. The way he glided past a Toyota Yaris and cut inside an Audi A4 shows he is well on the way back to full fitness.

Just witnessed Scott Ferguson getting into his car on George Square and setting off. The way he glided past a Toyota Yaris and cut inside an Audi A4 shows he is well on the way back to full fitness.

He insisted on driving on the right when everyone else told him that he's better on the left

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

If it was as cut and dried as you would like to believe then why was there no criminal case or conviction?
It is a complicated matter but he should be offered a chance to move on and get his life back on track. Especially if his appeal is successful.

I don't remember as many people getting on their soap box when we had a woman beating scumbag playing for us and even made him captain.

the boy does have a civil conviction. he's not having to pay £100k in damages for nothing. The point is the case is ongoing  he is as it stand civily convicted of rape. the club cannot presume the outcome of  his appeal. 

the boy does have a civil conviction. he's not having to pay £100k in damages for nothing. The point is the case is ongoing  he is as it stand civily convicted of rape. the club cannot presume the outcome of  his appeal. 

I can't help but wonder if he would be having to shell out £100K in damages or even if it would have progressed to a civil case after the collapse of the criminal case, if he wasn't a well known professional footballer with clearly a fair wedge in the bank.

How does he pay the £100000 if he cannot carry out his trade?

20 minutes ago, ketaminedrams said:

A conviction describes a decision against a person in point of a criminal offence he has committed. "Civil conviction" is a contradiction in terms. He and David Robertson were jointly and severally liable for the £100,000 of damages. That's to say that he and Goodwillie will probably come up with £50,000 each.

This is the part where I'm called a rape sympathiser and profoundly intelligent comments like "rape is rape" start to appear. Bore us all another day, would you? If you're tying to make the point that you're more compassionate and right-thinking than the rest of us, I'll happily concede as much if I might be spared more piety.

I'd like to make a more subversive point.

The latest journalism about and the known history of Jim Torbett, Jock Stein and Celtic Football Club would seem to justify a much larger public interest than does Goodwillie's contract with Clyde. I see hardly anyone getting their indignation on about that.

And doesn't that just go to show how much of a genuine thirst for justice there is out there? Clearly, all politics in Scotland is yokel.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

I can't help but wonder if he would be having to shell out £100K in damages or even if it would have progressed to a civil case after the collapse of the criminal case, if he wasn't a well known professional footballer with clearly a fair wedge in the bank.

Totally agree.

• Wants everyone to start pulling in the same direction, showing a bit more positivity but accepts that will rely quite a bit on better on-field results
  • Is eager for every fan to join the CIC as a member/owner and would look into making a season ticket cheaper for members
  • Accepts that communication from the club could be better
  • Believes the club should look to grow commercially rather than prioritise sponsorships/external investments; meeting with NLL to discuss possible avenues
  • Clearly has high hopes for youth development in the future
  • Thinks we should be making the play-offs this season
  • Accepts that Goodwillie's signing may put off potential sponsors but believes his quality and character will be a pulling factor when it comes to recruitment
  • Overall feels that the east end of Glasgow is more in line with the club's ethos and presents more opportunities, but isn't averse to staying at Broadwood should circumstances there change to the club's liking
  • Asks for some level of patience with Chapman until January at least given high player turnover/the potential need for strengthening during that window
  • Says Easton is very eager to sign, and accepts he's popular and a good player despite not having watched him. Mentioned proving his fitness before a deal was offered to him, but thought he was 28 years old and then looked a bit shocked when it was revealed he was 22/23...

I didn't learn anything particularly today but I felt that Norris Innes came across as a very convincing individual, who clearly has an idea of where he wants to take all aspects of the club. He was open to suggestions and clearly is fully aware of the errors that have darkened the past few years but he was also strong enough to bat away comments in a respectful manner.

I'd be astonished if we didn't have a clearer idea of our future home in the next 6 months (my opinion, not something he said). Hopefully there's be an improve uptake in the CIC as he made it quite clear that it's the correct model for the club.

A worthwhile exercise and credit to those that organised it.

Archived