CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

3 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Btw what's with the funding page to sign Easton? Surely from what Norris innes has said there isn't a question on if the budget is there, just if he's fit. 

The way I believe things to be are that Norrie doesn't want to waste what is likely our biggest player wage on a player that might not be fit in time for the season. Personally I find that a bit silly, who cares if he's still at worst case 2 months away from full fitness.

so this fundraising page would give Norrie the reassurance that part of the player budget is not being blown on an unfit player. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously I think signing Dylan Easton would be a boost season ticket sales with the goodwillie signing would show a real intent and something for the fans to get right behind

I think It's a noble idea, and I will go on and contribute - but.........

I Agree with above guy who said, it was more about fitness, and Dylan has made it perfectly clear to chairman where he wants to stay. I sincerely hope that's out of some form of loyalty, as I'm sure I read somewhere that the club paid for his operation.

I think its more down to Dylan, to burst a gut to prove his fitness, and that he wants to repay the club and especially the fans.

My concern, is that such a serious injury seems to take a while to get over, and that, as fit as he may be, his match sharpness takes longer to come back and he's not the asset we know he can be.

I think it's worth the risk, but can see that it is a gamble.

I Agree with above guy who said, it was more about fitness, and Dylan has made it perfectly clear to chairman where he wants to stay. I sincerely hope that's out of some form of loyalty, as I'm sure I read somewhere that the club paid for his operation.
I think its more down to Dylan, to burst a gut to prove his fitness, and that he wants to repay the club and especially the fans.
My concern, is that such a serious injury seems to take a while to get over, and that, as fit as he may be, his match sharpness takes longer to come back and he's not the asset we know he can be.

I agree but I think the issue is that we, as fans, don't know what the gamble is.
If he will miss the first month or two of the season, I'd say sign him.
What if he's out until Xmas, January or February?

Sent from my XT1572 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Being honest it's more about showing a bit of togetherness from the fans. we won't cover his wages for the year but if we can raise 5k (Or whatever ) towards it then great gives us all a boost and feels as if we are demonstrating a backing for the club . basically, a feel good factor and when fit an absolutely cracking player
The new chairman asked on Saturday for a pulling together of fans this would be a small start and I'm sure he will be happy to see this type of thing being organised by fans.

22 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Being honest it's more about showing a bit of togetherness from the fans. we won't cover his wages for the year but if we can raise 5k (Or whatever ) towards it then great gives us all a boost and feels as if we are demonstrating a backing for the club . basically, a feel good factor and when fit an absolutely cracking player
The new chairman asked on Saturday for a pulling together of fans this would be a small start and I'm sure he will be happy to see this type of thing being organised by fans.

Fair point.

Finnie and McKenzie away as well. McKenzie could maybe have been given more of a chance especially because we persisted with Johnston but Finnie was abysmal. That shot in the last minute at Cowdenbeath :green

50 minutes ago, maxruby said:

News on the OS about Easton and Linton.

Double the crowd-funding target and keep both. Linton is equally as important a player.

17 minutes ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

Talkin to Easton earlier, said he's giving it till tomorrow to be offered a new deal or he's off and he says he has other offerers...said he's turned down full time football to stay here ? dno if a believe it myself but that's what he said lol 

Maybe I'm an old fart, but in my day, there wouldn't be any talking to fans on such matters, that could then get used negatively. If true, I don't agree with Dylan should an assessment not have taken place yet - if it has and the club are dithering then I see his point, and also doesn't allow the fund to get to its required target given time constraints.

52 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Maybe I'm an old fart, but in my day, there wouldn't be any talking to fans on such matters, that could then get used negatively. If true, I don't agree with Dylan should an assessment not have taken place yet - if it has and the club are dithering then I see his point, and also doesn't allow the fund to get to its required target given time constraints.

He didn't get into details what I posted there is basically all he said 

He didn't get into details what I posted there is basically all he said 

Doubt he'll be speaking to you again mate.

We've confirmed Gibson as our number 2. Look forward to seeing him if he plays after reading your glowing reviews.

Will wait for official news
But wouldn't surprise going by innes on Saturday didn't seem
keen on him at all , thought he kinda dismissed him as a top signing the "never seen him play " quote

Archived