CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

New stadium? Its older than you!! 

In the middle of new housing estates? Effectively a sports centre? Isnt every ground? 

Haha well... still relatively new. Just mean it's more out of town in comparison to some of the older grounds that have been about for a hunner years.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Haha well... still relatively new. Just mean it's more out of town in comparison to some of the older grounds that have been about for a hunner years.

There's a new retail park getting finally getting built next to the ground that was the original plan for the stadium to be part of a retail complex but it never happened 

There's a new retail park getting finally getting built next to the ground that was the original plan for the stadium to be part of a retail complex but it never happened 

Any idea what's going on it?? I normally do my shopping in Cumbernauld.

Personally i think Broadwood takes an unfair pounding. Away fans are welcome to dislike it as they wish, and tbh i would like it to be because of all the things they say....but their players all seem to love it. 

I would actually agree with this. It needs a wee bit of tlc now but if a couple of quid could be spent on cleaning it up and repairing some broken seats then it's a cracking wee ground. Never really got the bad press, other than the fact it doesn't have a proper Pie stand and pub.

Whether we pay 40 quid or 40 grand disnae matter in the grand scheme of things,  

At our level it probably matters a hell of a lot.

We've recently had posts that suggest we cannot compete against junior teams financially when trying to attract players.

Playing in front of 7000 empty seats doesn't seem to make up for the lower wages on offer to these players from Clyde.

but given the alternatives to us leaving Broadwood 'cos its shite, weather, nae pubs' it would confirm the belief that the club had officially given up. 

It is too big, too expensive, inconvenient to get to without a car and importantly for me, it lacks any atmosphere whatsoever.

We should move!

I'd much rather watch football at Broadwood than Cliftonhill, Central Park or any of the many hovels in the juniors. You used to get a good atmosphere there when Clyde were playing teams like Thistle, Falkirk etc. If you are at least in the 1st division then the ground is adequate and far more suitable than any of the above or a setup like Annan's. I thought the club were now getting a much better deal on the rent now anyway? Between Clyde, the Colts, SRU, development league games and all the other uses of the pitch and the gym facilities the place must be doing alright.

On 5 July 2017 at 15:59, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't see the comparators to Clyde, or any other club up here. He is benevolent and in it for the long term. These guys don't seem to exist in Scotland.

That fat couple from Largs that like Fizzle?

It can't just be me that reads threads like this and thinks: 'I could not give two fucks about Shettleston, East Kilbride, Scotstoun, Shawfield, Glencairn, Guys Meadow, Rugby Park, New Douglas Park, Firhill, New Broomfield/The Excelsior or any other silly b*****d place we've entertained moving to'.

How about we break the habit of a decade, put a good team out and win the fuckin' league?

It can't just be me that reads threads like this and thinks: 'I could not give two fucks about Shettleston, East Kilbride, Scotstoun, Shawfield, Glencairn, Guys Meadow, Rugby Park, New Douglas Park, Firhill, New Broomfield/The Excelsior or any other silly b*****d place we've entertained moving to'.

How about we break the habit of a decade, put a good team out and win the fuckin' league?

You seem to think that the priority of the club is success on the park [emoji23]

Think you need to join the CIC get with the programme

If you dont think a football ground shouldnt have atmosphere or enjoyable/Wake up with a buzz of matchday experiance yoi.would be aswell no bothering or supporting a soccer team/Colts if not already....

Broadwood brings no fun,Dont believe many players enjoy it either and many ex QP players or oppisition going to a scarce hampden have admitted same in past...

Decent gruns bring fans and income which can be put back into team on park

Broadwood brings no fun,Dont believe many players enjoy it either and many ex QP players or oppisition going to a scarce hampden have admitted same

I have known and met many lower league players over the years (some of which have played for Clyde) and I have not heard 1 of them talk about a stadium being even a small factor of them signing or leaving a club.

In fact, even though I stopped going to Queens Park games at Hampden years ago, it's not done them any harm in playing there and if the truth be told, I'd gladly take some of their players at The Albion.

If you dont think a football ground shouldnt have atmosphere or enjoyable/Wake up with a buzz of matchday experiance yoi.would be aswell no bothering or supporting a soccer team/Colts if not already....

Broadwood brings no fun,Dont believe many players enjoy it either and many ex QP players or oppisition going to a scarce hampden have admitted same in past...

Decent gruns bring fans and income which can be put back into team on park

Decent football teams bring fans in , well run club's encourage fans to come to games

How did we manage to win the league in 1999-2000 playing at broadwood ?

Properly run club with proper committed players and the atmosphere that year was great

Broadwood has been used as an excuse for mismanagement for years now.

In fact, even though I stopped going to Queens Park games at Hampden years ago, it's not done them any harm in playing there and if the truth be told, I'd gladly take some of their players at The Albion.

How many fans enjoy watching their team playing Queens Park at Hampden?

It's a shit experience.

How many fans enjoy watching their team playing Queens Park at Hampden?

It's a shit experience.

Watching Clyde anywhere over the vast majority of the last decade has been a s*** experience no matter what ground we played in

But never mind having no money is a positive [emoji106]

Welcome to the Norrie Innes experiment

Toys back in the pram, please. We just look like a bunch of fannies who can't take a beating these days. 

Clyde fans can certainly take a beating. We've had lots of practice.

However, I do think that although winning is obviously the most important thing, winning with an atmosphere in the ground is far better. I would rather have both.

Sitting in the stadium surrounded by empty seats is not conducive to excitement.

I take a holistic view of fan experience.

However, I'd be happy sitting on a shitty spike this season if Clyde win the league.

Archived