CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I realise that I'm in a minority in my opinion but I never could see what others seemed with McNeil. Rarely can I recall feeling that he had a noteworthy performance.
His colleagues in defence were a mess but he was part of that defence too.

Linton played well in his first season but shaded towards the end of that season. He never reached anywhere near that form in his second season, admittedly his injury played a part in this.

I'm not too bothered if both leave as they obviously want to be elsewhere (for bigger wages?)

To counter that, I reckon he only had one poor performance. Away to Forfar, end of the season. Even then he was obviously injured and was subbed early on. 

The three times he played against Bobby Linn he played him completely out of the game. His effort didn't dip, technically he was good, played well in numerous positions and he had a bit of pace as well which this current team is completely bereft of. The idea we're just letting guys like that leave is frightening.

He was my player of the year just ahead of MacDonald, with no-one else close. He takes no blame at all for last season. Same as Linton.

Apparently Miller is away again after a bust up because Joyce caught him pishing at the side of the pitch at training last week.

Ayrton Sonkur formerly of Queen of the South is joining on trial this week.

10 minutes ago, Fat Sally said:

Apparently Miller is away again after a bust up because Joyce caught him pishing at the side of the pitch at training last week.

I know that Miller became a father on Saturday morning so I just assumed that's why he wasn't playing on Saturday!

I doubt Linton would come back to us after the wording of some of the chairmain's statements. If he's telling us what he says to players, that 50 or 80 quid more is their motivation, then he's calling them greedy b*****ds....shame, as along with Easton, McNeil and MacDonald he was among our best players. 

Now now EM.....Don't tell everyone what we are paying in wages !!
Clyde 01 & Max ruby will be straight on asking who your sources are and to stop ''spunking '' information over the internet. [emoji1363][emoji97][emoji97]

Good to see the leaks from the club have stopped [emoji106]

Good to see the leaks from the club have stopped [emoji106]

I don't mind the gossip about who is coming, who is disgruntled and who pissed at the pitchside.
It's not as if we are able to read it in the Daily Record or Sun for it.

Where else am I, a "know f**k all" punter, meant to get my fix of unsupported mince?

It's enjoyable to read whether it turns out to be pish or not.(usually pish)

Now now EM.....Don't tell everyone what we are paying in wages !!
Clyde 01 & Max ruby will be straight on asking who your sources are and to stop ''spunking '' information over the internet. [emoji1363][emoji97][emoji97]

You seem upset [emoji23]

I know that Miller became a father on Saturday morning so I just assumed that's why he wasn't playing on Saturday!

That is exactly why he wasn't playing. The only cock related incident happened about 9 months ago.

Archived