Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We have a terrible record in away play-off legs. Thank God we're not involved this time. Look at this hall of shame:

L 3-1 Forfar

L 3-0 @ Alloa

L 2-1 @ Stranraer

D 1-1 @ Cowdenbeath

Yuck.

So far under Hughes we have had 4-0 v Dumbarton and 5-0 v St Mirren.

I'm predicting the cherry on the top this week, 6-0 to Brechin.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We have a terrible record in away play-off legs. Thank God we're not involved this time. Look at this hall of shame:

L 3-1 Forfar

L 3-0 @ Alloa

L 2-1 @ Stranraer

D 1-1 @ Cowdenbeath

Yuck.

A point away to Cowdenbeath's no bad I suppose....

My line up for tomorrow:

Brennan
C.Barr - M'Voto - Bene
Thompson - Matthews - Davo - B.Barr/McHattie
Handling
Court - McManus/Hardie

It'll never happen though. I can live in hope...

Heading up for this, haven't been to Brechin's ground in about 20 year (when I was a wee laddy).

Considering how shocking we've been away from home, got to fancy our chances of winning this tomorrow night (jeezo, what I've done...!). Brennan doesn't fill me with confidence at all in goal but for 89mins against Ayr, he played decent enough, hopefully much the same.

I'd opt for an XI like this, bit of a 433/442 diamond/4-something-something with Mark Stewart running around mental winning the ball back everywhere, but I think Skacel & McManus will feature in there somewhere.
IMG_1494336021.528128.jpg

Not something I thought I'd say this season but I would actually start McManus again. Don't think he did anything to deserve being dropped, worked hard and had a good game on Saturday.

More of the same for the rest of the season would be ideal. He's also back playing against League 1 teams who he has proven very effective against in the past.

Seems crazy to have someone like Hardie on the bench but I wouldn't change too much from Saturday.

34 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Not something I thought I'd say this season but I would actually start McManus again. Don't think he did anything to deserve being dropped, worked hard and had a good game on Saturday.

More of the same for the rest of the season would be ideal. He's also back playing against League 1 teams who he has proven very effective against in the past.

Seems crazy to have someone like Hardie on the bench but I wouldn't change too much from Saturday.

McManus has been actually picking up a bit of confidence. His work ethic is something anyone could ever question. The problem is that he drops far too deep, especially when we persist with Skacel. A case in point is the Hibs game where he played out and out as a forward and has his best performance in a Rovers shirt. With Matthews back, we're far better at winning the ball back in midfield, meaning he's more likely to be up the park. 

This handsome devil scored his first hattrick to wrap up the title for us against Brechin last season. Shame there are not more part timers in the Championship because if there's one thing we're good at is pumping part timers.

JS85944613.jpg

Mixed feelings for this. It would be funny to see Raith sent down but the Pars board will want the Kirkcaldy pound through the turnstiles again next season.

Yes been reading just not said any thing [emoji23]. Going to be tough with us missing 2 of our first choice players but we will give it a good go. Looking forward to the return leg never been to Starks park

You're in for a treat, it's fucking magnificent [emoji106]

2 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Yes been reading just not said any thing emoji23.png. Going to be tough with us missing 2 of our first choice players but we will give it a good go. Looking forward to the return leg never been to Starks park

How many will head through on Saturday if Brechin were to win tomorrow?

12 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

L 3-1 Forfar

L 3-0 @ Alloa

L 2-1 @ Stranraer

D 1-1 @ Cowdenbeath

Yuck.

You forgot L @ 3-1 Aberdeen

Archived