Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

29 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

If only you lot took this advice you wouldn't be Scotland's biggest laughing stock right now. Get doon.

Says who? 90% of  Scottish football don't give a jot about Rovers so what's your point?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Says who? 90% of  Scottish football don't give a jot about Rovers so what's your point?

And who exactly gives a jot about Failkirk, they'll bottle the play offs again anyway

If only you lot took this advice you wouldn't be Scotland's biggest laughing stock right now. Get doon.

Your maw fams herself to repeats of David Dickinson on some shit satellite channel. And she regrets having you.

Meltdown post from Scary Bear there. Good luck in the play-offs my man.

Where, exactly?

All the talk of our away form is really doing my nut in. We aren't in European competition travelling through time zones by plane and staying in a hotel, eating foreign food, playing in front of hostile crowds in freezing cold or roasting hot conditions!

We have been travelling an hour or two by road and getting humped for the last few months at (no disrespect) places like Dumbarton, every place really!

Sure, we don't have the greatest players in the world (we aren't playing them either remember!) but this must now come down to mind set, a mental thing...along with our manager setting up ultra defensively which is putting a fear of defeat in minds before any will to win.

Cold light of day, we have eleven men v eleven on grass (or whatever else on occasion) and this away voodoo nonsense is just that. Believe it too much and it becomes a problem.

I've been saying it for months, what we have been doing hasn't worked. We play one up front, we don't have the pace, the creativity or the ability to retain the ball in the middle, our striker is starved and ends up out wide or back in midfield for best part of game, no wonder our confidence is shot.

We can't show Brechin too much respect and invite them onto us or the same shit will happen, go for a draw...we will lose.  How about go for a win and make them worry about stopping us as opposed to how to break us down? 4-4-2, two strikers, two wingers. This can easily become whatever formation you like when we DON'T have the ball and I'm pretty sure Brechin won't like facing it when we DO have it.

I'm hopeful overall that we can keep our Championship status, certainly not confident but I just hope the team/s our manager picks give us the best chance to achieve our goal....

4 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

How are rovers competing physically, this year? Coz if they aint up for the fight, dont bother going to brechin!;;

Depends, some days they'd run through walls, other days they're more fragile than a dandelion in a stiff breeze.

11 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

0/10 This time. Leave the trolling to those who know what they're actually doing little boy :lol:

All the talk of our away form is really doing my nut in. We aren't in European competition travelling through time zones by plane and staying in a hotel, eating foreign food, playing in front of hostile crowds in freezing cold or roasting hot conditions!
We have been travelling an hour or two by road and getting humped for the last few months at (no disrespect) places like Dumbarton, every place really!
Sure, we don't have the greatest players in the world (we aren't playing them either remember!) but this must now come down to mind set, a mental thing...along with our manager setting up ultra defensively which is putting a fear of defeat in minds before any will to win.
Cold light of day, we have eleven men v eleven on grass (or whatever else on occasion) and this away voodoo nonsense is just that. Believe it too much and it becomes a problem.
I've been saying it for months, what we have been doing hasn't worked. We play one up front, we don't have the pace, the creativity or the ability to retain the ball in the middle, our striker is starved and ends up out wide or back in midfield for best part of game, no wonder our confidence is shot.
We can't show Brechin too much respect and invite them onto us or the same shit will happen, go for a draw...we will lose.  How about go for a win and make them worry about stopping us as opposed to how to break us down? 4-4-2, two strikers, two wingers. This can easily become whatever formation you like when we DON'T have the ball and I'm pretty sure Brechin won't like facing it when we DO have it.
I'm hopeful overall that we can keep our Championship status, certainly not confident but I just hope the team/s our manager picks give us the best chance to achieve our goal....

Totally agree with this post 100%.

It's a mindset that we need to get out of quickly. Or it could end up costing us. Playing with 1 up front has not worked for us really this season while away from home. We need to lineup the way we did yesterday and have a go at Brechin. I have every confidence that if we have a go at them we will beat them

I wonder if Handling will miss the play offs? He looked to pull his hamstring just before the end of the game.

I thought it just looked like he had cramp.

10 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

My experience of having Hughes as a manager is if he's doing something that doesn't work he'll keep on doing it rather than admit defeat. He's too bone headed to admit something is his fault and just blames the players for not being able to do what he wants them to.

Archived