Stranraer FC 2017-18

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Oh, wheesht with your barking, you're the broken record.

Anyway, great that Okoh has finally come good.

2 goals and an assist on the 3rd sounds rather more than luck.

Grow up you clown.

13 minutes ago, Itsoorbaw said:

Looks like you may be keeping Beith .Hearts called back a load of loan signings to take on Spanish break and he’s been left 

Brilliant news. Another goal for the goose today. Definitely one for the future.

17 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

I wonder who sets the managers budget ? No I wouldn’t believe you because I’ve no idea who you are or where you get the info , hope it’s true but I’m doubtful . Warning , be careful you might be breaking the secrecy act ...

Did you enjoy the game Donald

Dunno about anyone else but after all the worry An stress of losing some of our “experienced” top players I Am a proud blue tonight to watch players like young kyle turner and Chris McGowan come through our developement squad and put in performances like they are now, these boys didn’t have much of a chance before the horrid circumstances we found ourselves in. I for one am glad to have watched these young lads step into the park and prove themselves worthy of their jersey, far more worthy in my opinion now than anyone that’s left us thus far..kyle turner in particular has worked and worked and took the good with the bad and turned out every time for us, he wants to play football, ball on the deck and drive, Great reader of the game, ball on the deck and create play, it’s a joy to watch this type of play rather than long ball long ball..young McGowan also hasn’t given us a moment to even think of what we thought we’d lost in dicko, love to see the encouragement from the likes of Jamie hammil and Cammy pushing these boys to just go for it ..delighted they r getting a chance to shine..just shows u when the chips r down and the worry of losing our best players is there, maybe we didn’t realise what we really were actually missing in these young lads stepping up and showing us who they are and just exactly what we were missing out on seeing each week....well done these young lads in particular and everyone else in that team for turning up each week and giving us something to be proud as hell of

14 hours ago, Blublu12 said:

Dunno about anyone else but after all the worry An stress of losing some of our “experienced” top players I Am a proud blue tonight to watch players like young kyle turner and Chris McGowan come through our developement squad and put in performances like they are now, these boys didn’t have much of a chance before the horrid circumstances we found ourselves in. I for one am glad to have watched these young lads step into the park and prove themselves worthy of their jersey, far more worthy in my opinion now than anyone that’s left us thus far..kyle turner in particular has worked and worked and took the good with the bad and turned out every time for us, he wants to play football, ball on the deck and drive, Great reader of the game, ball on the deck and create play, it’s a joy to watch this type of play rather than long ball long ball..young McGowan also hasn’t given us a moment to even think of what we thought we’d lost in dicko, love to see the encouragement from the likes of Jamie hammil and Cammy pushing these boys to just go for it ..delighted they r getting a chance to shine..just shows u when the chips r down and the worry of losing our best players is there, maybe we didn’t realise what we really were actually missing in these young lads stepping up and showing us who they are and just exactly what we were missing out on seeing each week....well done these young lads in particular and everyone else in that team for turning up each week and giving us something to be proud as hell of

Great post.

Obviously difficult to find the right mix but I hope this is how the squad is built in future with a handful of  experience, some quality Premiership loans and as many promising U20s as we can recruit.

Beith, Turner, McGowan and co are an example that young players can thrive and develop in the lower leagues.

Hope he does well , always a goalie that could have great banter with the fans and was a decent goalie and guy , as an Ayr fan we had good times with him he  always took the taunts really well and gave back just as good  , all the best Cammy 

Great move for cammy. Wish him and his family all the best.

Step forward max currie. Think he will have a chip on his shoulder and have a point to prove. Brilliant young keeper and now getting his chance to be number 1. 

According to hearts twitter we have beith till end of season. Brilliant news keeping the goose. 

6 hours ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

I hope he does well at Forest Green it looks like an exciting club to be at.

I hope he helps them secure safety (not at the expense of Chesterfield though).

Good move for him personally, getting on the vegan diet there!

Best wishes Cammy. Didn’t take to him at first but he cut a lot of the crap when Faz came in and was a better keeper for it.
Great chance for Max Currie now who could probably feel hard done after his performance at Firhill at the start of the season.

Archived