Stranraer FC 2017-18

I've always thought this as well. I'm led to believe we were easily out bid in terms of wages for both Nade and Agnew when they signed and we have comfortably bigger average attendance and had been receiving a healthy amount of 1st Division/Championship prize money. I know for a fact we pay good part-time wages to players. I just assumed it was a local businessman or the likes funding the high wages.

I feel for the Stranraer fans and would hate to see them go down the pan but when I seen the news I wasn't remotely surprised. Faz has a huge job on his hands now.
Back a couple of years back when they were spending big you had plenty fans asking questions.

Answers from fans on here varied from the usual "Family club, players love it here" to the best "We have a brilliant bookkeeper", they massively overspent, they're now facing the damages from it, it happens.

It's an absolute shocker it's happened so soon after their last financial f**k up though.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/01/2018 at 13:56, callum-ayr said:

From the outside over the past few years I’ve thought Stranraer have been spending more than what they should. 

Could you not have told our committee cos obviously they didn’t know 

On 04/01/2018 at 17:06, 1870ToonBlue said:

Chairman told you the financial situation last week.

The club owes no one money but the wage bill was too high incoming funds was not adding up to the outgoings so players leave to even up the books. If you had read through it all on Facebook as well you would have seen that its all there aswell.

£15 fee and you can become a member at the agm you will get a copy of the financial statement for the year end.

Really , your happy with we owe no money , that’s absolute garbage , we have been forced to sell by someone out with the club , and I can only guess the bank , otherwise we would ask for a little time , put a financial plan to them , perhaps extend overdraft and then with a bit of thought and time reduce the squad size . You have no idea what’s happening at the club do you ?

Really , your happy with we owe no money , that’s absolute garbage , we have been forced to sell by someone out with the club , and I can only guess the bank , otherwise we would ask for a little time , put a financial plan to them , perhaps extend overdraft and then with a bit of thought and time reduce the squad size . You have no idea what’s happening at the club do you ?

Wasting your time pal. The fact they said the chairman told us the situation last week was enough for me.

Wasting your time pal. The fact they said the chairman told us the situation last week was enough for me.

In saying that, we could all pay the £15 annual membership to have the finances sent to us, then £15 to join the facebook group. On top of the weekly expenses. And watch as some fat cat with his thumb up his backside and the Facebook mob patting him on the back, laughing all the way to the bank. Shambolic.

17 hours ago, CobaltInch said:

In saying that, we could all pay the £15 annual membership to have the finances sent to us, then £15 to join the facebook group. On top of the weekly expenses. And watch as some fat cat with his thumb up his backside and the Facebook mob patting him on the back, laughing all the way to the bank. Shambolic.

There's no such thing as a pay-to-join Facebook group.

£15 for an annual club membership is the price of a home game. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Who's the fat cat laughing all the way to the bank?

2 hours ago, Itsoorbaw said:

How has Angus Beith performed at Stranraer? . On loan from us and looks finished with players ahead in pecking order but has always been highly rated 

He has done really well and starring in our midfield , we are hoping he will stay till end of season , it will be doing him the world of good playing every week 

21 hours ago, CobaltInch said:

I got slated by some for questioning what’s happening by people that seem to have little knowledge of how finances work . I’ve ran a business , hired and fired , fought desperately to keep banks happy . I’m now seeing £50k overdraft mentioned by someone on Facebook and I can believe this , if some believed we don’t have debtors as chairman stated then they are naive to say the least , as any overdraft means you have a debtor in the form of the bank and if you can’t service any overdraft and have little collateral then they will call in the debt. As we both know we are all still in the dark , membership that I’m fed up hearing about is not the answer for fans, I’ve been a member and all it involves is attending the AGM at the end of a season when it’s way too late to have any say , yes you can vote in new committee members but that’s it , you have no day to day updates or access to things happening at the club.

we are all reading between the lines and I’m guessing that our finances / overdraft have been gradually getting worse for some time , perhaps the club offered the £20k from progressing in the Scottish cup to the bank to reduce borrowing and when that failed the bank have threaten to take action , hence a fire sale .

16 hours ago, Itsoorbaw said:

How has Angus Beith performed at Stranraer? . On loan from us and looks finished with players ahead in pecking order but has always been highly rated 

Think the club are trying to get him till end of the season. Been superb for us. Keeps thinks simple and not scared to put tackle in. Has a good eye for goal. 

There's no such thing as a pay-to-join Facebook group.
£15 for an annual club membership is the price of a home game. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
Who's the fat cat laughing all the way to the bank?

The big solution on the supporters fb group is to have a pay to join fb group of £15 where we would get news and information first etc. At times I struggle to find info or news on the official fb or twitter page so not sure how this new group would be of use. I’m all for the £15 membership, but I’m not paying another £15 to be part of a Facebook group when I can’t stand looking on the current one.

The big solution on the supporters fb group is to have a pay to join fb group of £15 where we would get news and information first etc. At times I struggle to find info or news on the official fb or twitter page so not sure how this new group would be of use. I’m all for the £15 membership, but I’m not paying another £15 to be part of a Facebook group when I can’t stand looking on the current one.

The official page is decent. The supporter page is full of guff.

Some of the most vocal people on it don’t even like Stranraer.

Cant understand the view cant find info on official fb. Constantly updated with links, stories, news etc. www.stranraerfc.org the same. All stats news fixtures pics squad etc. Official twitter updates constant. Highlights. Post match. Not bad i'd say for a part time club and no full time media team at all.

1 hour ago, CobaltInch said:

What news are you looking for?

3 hours ago, CobaltInch said:

I'm sure whoever suggested it meant well, but even if it was possible that'd be a complete waste of time.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 00:22, kvz2000 said:

Yes Donald I do know and I know more than you.

19 hours ago, CobaltInch said:

Are you also kvz just here for a moan?

1 hour ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Yes Donald I do know and I know more than you.

Are you also kvz just here for a moan?

Not hard to know more than me , I’m just a fan that’s supported the club in many ways for 50 years and read everything that’s available about our current state and yet I know very little facts as NONE published by the club and like the majority of fans I’m unhappy that there appears to be an unwillingness to inform us of the true state of affairs . The lack of information purely results in us having to guess what’s going on , obviously your one of the chosen few and I have to problem with that but take a step back and try and look at the situation from the outside , it’s a different story . Why did the club not warn the fans of the financial state of the club instead of us learning about it via a small newspaper article ? Why did the club then not say we require to sell 3 players or 5 players or whatever , why have the club not explained how we have managed to go from in a stable financial position to being forced to sell our best players ? The reason we can only guess is because the committee are embarrassed about letting this happen and would have preferred to keep it quiet.

even yet after all this time not one apology from anyone at the club , all we hear from the few comments by people that have a connection with the club are “ these people work hard “ “ they do it for nothing “ etc etc and I agree with that ,but we must know that the club is being looked after and not allowed to get into the state it’s in . How do you think fans feel when they read comments from people like “I know more than you “  then tell us as your fuelling the fire and cause friction and distance between the club/board/committee and the fans .

i can tell you that last home game v Ayr when we all gathered for the first time since the news broke there was NO support or back slapping for the board or chairman , but you’ll know that !

24 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Not hard to know more than me , I’m just a fan that’s supported the club in many ways for 50 years and read everything that’s available about our current state and yet I know very little facts as NONE published by the club and like the majority of fans I’m unhappy that there appears to be an unwillingness to inform us of the true state of affairs . The lack of information purely results in us having to guess what’s going on , obviously your one of the chosen few and I have to problem with that but take a step back and try and look at the situation from the outside , it’s a different story . Why did the club not warn the fans of the financial state of the club instead of us learning about it via a small newspaper article ? Why did the club then not say we require to sell 3 players or 5 players or whatever , why have the club not explained how we have managed to go from in a stable financial position to being forced to sell our best players ? The reason we can only guess is because the committee are embarrassed about letting this happen and would have preferred to keep it quiet.

even yet after all this time not one apology from anyone at the club , all we hear from the few comments by people that have a connection with the club are “ these people work hard “ “ they do it for nothing “ etc etc and I agree with that ,but we must know that the club is being looked after and not allowed to get into the state it’s in . How do you think fans feel when they read comments from people like “I know more than you “  then tell us as your fuelling the fire and cause friction and distance between the club/board/committee and the fans .

i can tell you that last home game v Ayr when we all gathered for the first time since the news broke there was NO support or back slapping for the board or chairman , but you’ll know that !

Fully agree with the above, Before any more back slapping and defending the club, Tell us why this has happened?

Some one is at fault for this WHO?

Archived